Capital One Credit Cards - Terms of Service

I'm thinking this isn't such a good idea in an age where people will shoot Girl Scouts for ringing their doorbell.

Also, big difference between showing up at home or work and getting past the front door.

And also doing some sort of search. Are people afraid to tell people thanks but no thanks?

I guess I don't understand the purpose behind the contract language. If it's for debt collection purposes, they still don't get to violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If it's for any other reason, that's just creepy.

Either way, I don't see a court challenge for harassment going well for Capital One, as the contract language is pretty damned unconscionable.

Saw this when I went to pay my bill. I never use the card. I only do when somewhere does not take Discover.

We can do better.

You may have heard there is language in our customer agreements stating we could potentially make “personal visits” to our customers.

As much as we would like to get to know each of our customers better, we don’t visit our customers at their homes or workplaces to discuss their credit card debt—ever. We never will and apologize if we ever made you think we might.

And if we need to call you—rest assured—we will never claim to be anyone other than Capital One when we make those phone calls.

Finally, we are reviewing our customer agreements to ensure we use language that more clearly represents our intentions. We can do better.