1 Bold Offseason Prediction

Kirby Jackson

They can get at least a 2nd for CJ. You are underestimating him drastically. He’s just entering his prime. Has shown consistent home run capability when not injured. Has shown he can help in the passing game as well. He had a leg injury most of last season and still had some highlight runs. Injury and misuse were an issue more than CJ’s skills.

I would take that in a heartbeat. He's a player who, when it gets tough, goes away. For whatever reason.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bold?

Mario, Kyle, or Dareus gets cut

Leodis or Hughes holds out

And it'll be led by this guy

exclusive-interview-with-jeffrey-gundlach-the-best-bond-manager-in-the-world.jpg

Gundlach isn't worth enough, and is embroiled in too many legal conflicts, to buy an N.F.L. team. Haslam was a lesson for the league.

Doug Marrone stops saying the word "obviously."

Obviously, that's not going to happen.

Bills have a Monday Night game, open and close the season against Miami, and play at NE* the week after their bye (the Sunday after our Monday Night game). :bag:

:w00t::thumbsup::worthy:

My bold prediction is that Buffalo trades UP in the draft.

I've always been a fan of trading back, but I feel like the front office may feel comfortable with much of the team as it sits now, and may be very high on one of the prospects.

B-):flirt::wub:

What is one bold Bills related prediction for this offseason? It should be something that hasn't been talked about to death on here or even nationally. For example, it wouldn't be bold to say that the Bills are or aren't going to resign Byrd. It would be bold to say something like they are going to release Kyle Williams. It doesn't have to be likely but reasonable. Got it?

For my bold prediction I will say that the Bills trade CJ Spiller to New Orleans for their 1st. He is a rich man's Sproles (who is on a fast decline) and a similar weapon (but better) to Reggie Bush. The Saints window is closing and they lack elite skill players besides for Brees and Graham. I believe that Spiller is under contract for 2 more years so that shouldn't scare them. The Saints are trying to win now while Brees remains in his prime and Spiller could be lethal on the turf. They wanted to trade for Lynch a few years back so this time maybe it happens. The Bills draft Carey or Hyde to shoulder the load along with Freddie.

Love the idea of the Bold prediction. Also, you put a lot of thought into yours. I like it. Do not know if I would like it happening, but great through process behind it! I think this becomes more possible if Watkins falls to us, as we could add him as a "playmaker/weapon" then draft a RB in the early 2nd as you mentioned. Could even take Hyde and get another RB later in the draft/UDFA.

Edited by RyanC883

Too early to tell really who will be the first one taken as I think the combine plays a big role with RBs in particular. However, if the Browns take one 1st I think it will be Hyde. If not, no idea. It will depend on how things shake out after the combine and the system of the team who takes the 1st RB. The Browns could justify the 1st rd RB pick because if their overall # of picks and that they would be a late 1st rounder for him, and they literally have nothing at that position currently.

No doubt, it’s early. Combine will tell a lot, specifically about speed. If I had to guess, I don’t think any RB will go in round 1. If the Browns want Hyde they probably can get him in Rd. 2 if they pick in the top 10 of that round. If I’m them, I’m looking WR at #26. Someone to take some attention off of Gordon.

Gundlach isn't worth enough, and is embroiled in too many legal conflicts, to buy an N.F.L. team. Haslam was a lesson for the league.

If you're referring to TCW, I believe that has all been settled. I'm not aware of any other legal issues.

As far as being worth enough, he's worth at least a billion. Buying the Bills would probably be financed through borrowed money anyway (Doubleline alone manages about $50 billion).

He just as likely could be a part of a group of buyers, so I wouldn't disqualify him on those grounds either. The real issue isn't affording the Bills purchase price, it's the willingness to assume that debt while struggling to turn a profit in a small market. In other words, I don't think potential buyers are hemming and hawing about if they can buy the Bills, but if it is worth it to do so. Add a new stadium, and by my estimations it would take like 15 years just to break even.

Pryor is in play at 9. He is a beast.

Yeah I guess that's not too bold, especially considering their areas of "need." The drop off in safety talent is much more steep from the first to the subsequent rounds compared to TE, OL, LB, and WR, I suspect.

I predict the Bills do not trade up or down, lose Byrd, reach for their first pick, whiff on their second pick, pick a small fast WR in the third "with potential" who eventually flops and signs a few has-been FA's. We get sold a bunch of baloney, team wins 6 games, and we start talking about the 2015 draft in late January.

One moment...I just spit coffee on the keyboard and monitor! :D

Houston cuts Schwab, we pick him up. He has a comeback Kurt Warner style and leads us to the SB. Game winning TD pass to Kelvin Benjamin, who somehow falls to us in the 2nd.

Schaub. Unless you meant the $99 car-painting guy or the tax guy.

What is one bold Bills related prediction for this offseason? It should be something that hasn't been talked about to death on here or even nationally. For example, it wouldn't be bold to say that the Bills are or aren't going to resign Byrd. It would be bold to say something like they are going to release Kyle Williams. It doesn't have to be likely but reasonable. Got it?

For my bold prediction I will say that the Bills trade CJ Spiller to New Orleans for their 1st. He is a rich man's Sproles (who is on a fast decline) and a similar weapon (but better) to Reggie Bush. The Saints window is closing and they lack elite skill players besides for Brees and Graham. I believe that Spiller is under contract for 2 more years so that shouldn't scare them. The Saints are trying to win now while Brees remains in his prime and Spiller could be lethal on the turf. They wanted to trade for Lynch a few years back so this time maybe it happens. The Bills draft Carey or Hyde to shoulder the load along with Freddie.

That is a decent take and while I hate to cut bait after so many years waiting for the situation to be right for CJ to blossom the time is nearing when he will have no value and the Bills still really have a pedestrian offensive team that can't properly utilize Spiller. CJ is not a superstar RB.....he is situational RB and in NO he would be able to be in those situations a lot more often. The Bills have had a propensity for putting the cart before the horse on draft day and CJ was a prime example of another such ghastly decision on draft day. Without a QB and an offense with physically imposing talent a lightweight like CJ can never reach his potential.

In prior offseasons I thought maybe a Kyle Williams to the Saints trade would have been attractive for both sides. Now that the Bills are going back to a 4-3......and with a slew of first round DL talent slated to slip into second and third round territory in this years draft......it's no longer a fit.

I don't really have a bold offseason prediction yet. Still trying to wrap my head around the impact of losing Pettine and changing defenses once again. The only thing the Bills did at a high level last year was pressure the passer and every game they won in September and October was due almost exclusively to pass rush. I have never seen a Bills team so reliant on it for survival. I guess if I had one bold prediction for the next 12 months it would be that if the defense falls off Whaley will hold Marrone responsible for the Schwartz hire and fire him and install somebody who appreciates the idea of having an identity and sticking to it. You can't tell me there wasn't somebody available who could have provided some kind of continuity. On paper, changing to Schwartz increased defensive needs across the board. I just have a hard time believing Whaley approved of another change in defensive philosophy/identity.

The Bills finally build that O line thru the draft by taking an OT, OG, TE with the first three picks, in any order.

They sign Dexter McCluster away from the Chiefs, and he, Spiller, Jackson terrorize opponents. Spiller has a breakout year and rushes for 1800+ yards

EJ starts to develop into a franchise QB, and throws for 3000+ yards.

( one bold prediction) Thus, with a new solid O line the Bills sweep the Patriots, Jets, Dolphins and win the division, and make the playoffs. :D

Edited by FeartheLosing