1 Bold Offseason Prediction

Kirby Jackson

What is one bold Bills related prediction for this offseason? It should be something that hasn't been talked about to death on here or even nationally. For example, it wouldn't be bold to say that the Bills are or aren't going to resign Byrd. It would be bold to say something like they are going to release Kyle Williams. It doesn't have to be likely but reasonable. Got it?

For my bold prediction I will say that the Bills trade CJ Spiller to New Orleans for their 1st. He is a rich man's Sproles (who is on a fast decline) and a similar weapon (but better) to Reggie Bush. The Saints window is closing and they lack elite skill players besides for Brees and Graham. I believe that Spiller is under contract for 2 more years so that shouldn't scare them. The Saints are trying to win now while Brees remains in his prime and Spiller could be lethal on the turf. They wanted to trade for Lynch a few years back so this time maybe it happens. The Bills draft Carey or Hyde to shoulder the load along with Freddie.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bold prediction is that Buffalo trades UP in the draft.

I've always been a fan of trading back, but I feel like the front office may feel comfortable with much of the team as it sits now, and may be very high on one of the prospects.

My bold prediction is that Buffalo trades UP in the draft.

I've always been a fan of trading back, but I feel like the front office may feel comfortable with much of the team as it sits now, and may be very high on one of the prospects.

I think that it is a possibility. How about Byrd and 9 to St. Louis for 2? The Bills get Watkins and St. Louis gets a Pro Bowl safety and a tackle at 9.

Your reasoning is sound in that the overall talent level on the roster is up.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I predict the Bills do not trade up or down, lose Byrd, reach for their first pick, whiff on their second pick, pick a small fast WR in the third "with potential" who eventually flops and signs a few has-been FA's. We get sold a bunch of baloney, team wins 6 games, and we start talking about the 2015 draft in late January.

I think that it is a possibility. How about Byrd and 9 to St. Louis for 2? The Bills get Watkins and St. Louis gets a Pro Bowl safety and a tackle at 9.

Your reasoning is sound in that the overall talent level on the roster is up.

I think it is dependent on Byrd staying. I don't think they would pull it off if they knew he wouldn't be part of the team. That would be another hole to fill.

I'm not sure how much sense it makes, or if there is even a dance partner out there. I just have a hunch...

I predict the Bills do not trade up or down, lose Byrd, reach for their first pick, whiff on their second pick, pick a small fast WR in the third "with potential" who eventually flops and signs a few has-been FA's. We get sold a bunch of baloney, team wins 6 games, and we start talking about the 2015 draft in late January.

he said "bold" prediction, Moby ____.

The time to trade CJ was last year when he had two years left on his rookie deal.

I would love to see Buffalo trade #9 and their second for Graham - then make him highest paid TE in the league. Resign Byrd. Find a middle of the road LG FA. Then draft a couple LB's, a RT, another TE, and a tall WR. Maybe a project QB on day .

I had this exact same thought in the shout box a month ago, except I'm not sure CJ gets you a first. I'm thinking more like a 2nd and a conditional 5th or 6th. I'd like to see them draft Carlos Hyde with one of their 2nds or their 3rd to back up Freddie and have him take over next year. I think Hyde is more fit for Marrones offense, Spiller to NO just makes too much sense for them.

I'm not one for trading away good players that were drafted by the Bills but CJ is going to ask for a lot of money after next season and I just don't see the Bills ponying up the cash.

Bold? Wouldn't that be business as usual?

Okay, I'll play . . . Bills trade Stevie Johnson to New England for a 2nd & 4th round draft pick.

I appreciate the boldness of that prediction but it's lunacy. Last year, the Bills protected their rookie QB investment by subtracting their star left guard. This year, you predict they'll compound that madness by subtracting their star running back? If they do that, might as well make the bold prediction that they'll be picking the top QB in 2015.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I appreciate the boldness of that prediction but it's lunacy. Last year, the Bills protected their rookie QB investment by subtracting their star left guard. This year, you predict they'll compound that madness by subtracting their star running back? If they do that, might as well make the bold prediction that they'll be picking the top QB in 2015.

A QB in 2015 wouldn't be bold at all IMO. If EJ is the same player this year as last year a QB will be a very realistic possibility.

In terms of the trade, it doesn't have to be likely just justifiable. Spiller clearly struggled last year in this offense. It seems to be set up better for between the tackle runners. It makes a ton of sense for NOLA based on where they are at. As eluded to earlier maybe a first isn't realistic (thanks Richardson) but there is some logic as to why this could make sense from all sides.

Whaley's MO is the OPPOSITE of bold. Let the draft come to you. Let the dust settle in free agency. If he's truly following the old Pittsburgh model, Byrd will walk. They'll draft a linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd every year….and they'll be better than you think they're going to be.

The ONLY reasonably bold move out there is to release Stevie. The Bills are not going to get a 1st for Spiller (or a 2nd…or a 3rd). The Bills are not going to trade up in the draft.

Manuel has a Brady type off season and comes back to play at a probowl level.

Stevie hit the weights for real and comes back with more bolden in his game.

Schwarz designs a d scheme that can actually stop the run--- this is the boldest

TEs, including Graham, are not worth a first & second round pick - ever

FWIW, I think that it would be a 1st and 2 2nds or 2 1sts to get Graham.

He's sort of broken. Starting to seem like these star pass catching tight ends have troubles staying on the field. Unless you are gonzo les or gates. Sorry graham doesn't offer two first rounder worth of impact beyond what is there now. Especially given the injury issues and the Brees factor(amazing, accurate QBs make all pass catchers look 50% better)

He's sort of broken. Starting to seem like these star pass catching tight ends have troubles staying on the field. Unless you are gonzo les or gates. Sorry graham doesn't offer two first rounder worth of impact beyond what is there now. Especially given the injury issues and the Brees factor(amazing, accurate QBs make all pass catchers look 50% better)

I go back and forth on if he is worth it. The injuries and the violent nature with which he plays are certainly concerning. I do think that is what it would take from someone to get him. The Saints are not all that interested in trading him but if someone blew them away (Jets maybe?) they would have to consider.