Bi-Polar?

Justice

As a father of two and after hearing about Robbins, Underwood, Spellman, Strezlyck (sorry if i mispelled that) and Wicky Williams I am concerned about it. Does anybody know anyone that's bi-polar and are there any signs or symptoms that can be detected in a person early?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a father of two and after hearing about Robbins, Underwood, Spellman, Strezlyck (sorry if i mispelled that) and Wicky Williams I am concerned about it. Does anybody know anyone that's bi-polar and are there any signs or symptoms that can be detected in a person early?

213291[/snapback]

I take care of patients who are bipolar all the time......also used to be a crisis counselor for Charter Hospitals. In GENERAL, you would notice mood swings ranging from severe depression to episodes of mania.....as if they just have lots of unbridled energy. If you think you are seeing this type of behavior in someone, my advice would be to talk to a physician or psychiatrist sooner rather than later. Typically this disorder can interfere with daily life to a significant degree. Additionally, their depressive episodes can be such that they can begin having suicidal ideation, even though you may or may not imaging this person ever feeling that way. It can be managed, though......in fact, there are many examples of famous folks who are bipolar. Ted Turner is the only one who comes to mind (being in Atlanta and all), but there are others, trust me.

Hope that helped :D

PS. I only deal with adults, so I can't really speak to what the differences and similarities are in children or adolescents.

Notice how he became a lot less funny when he stopped his Columbian snow habit?

213512[/snapback]

I don't ever recall a time when he WAS funny...

seriously.. he reminded me of one of the 7 year olds I used to have to take care of that had ADD...

He's a giant kid... annoying as hell. .

213291[/snapback]

If you don't have a family history of mental illness or related issues (substance abuse, alcoholism, etc.), don't worry about it. Particularly don't worry too much about it in children, as it usually doesn't start to become evident until late-adolescence or early post-adolescence. Otherwise, it's usually just "kids being kids".

If you don't have a family history of mental illness or related issues (substance abuse, alcoholism, etc.), don't worry about it.  Particularly don't worry too much about it in children, as it usually doesn't start to become evident until late-adolescence or early post-adolescence.  Otherwise, it's usually just "kids being kids".

213551[/snapback]

unfortunatly, if you take them to the Dr, he'll run right for that Rx pad...

it's a bit of a catch 22...

like i said before, I used to work with kids, and 1 out of every 10 of them was on ritalin... that is waaay too high...

I don't ever recall a time when he WAS funny...

seriously.. he reminded me of one of the 7 year olds I used to have to take care of that had ADD...

He's a giant kid... annoying as hell. .

213549[/snapback]

Hello pot, this is kettle. :D

Hello pot, this is kettle.  :D

213555[/snapback]

Come on, now....Stojan is at least 4parts funny to 1 part annoying

Hey, the guy has pissed me off with some of his post hijackings, but at the same time I don't know anyone else who makes me laugh as consistently as he does.