Moderator Nominations... Who would like to volunteer?

SDS

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May not be a bad idea to extend the search for awhile until we're closer to the 2013 draft so everyone who might be interested gets a chance to apply.

Some of our best posters may not be privy to the new mod search because of the off season.

If they're not looking at the board that often, at least lurking, then they really shouldn't be applicable.

There has to be consistency and familiarity with whoever gets it. Otherwise they won't get the nuances of the board. Can't expect someone unfamiliar with a poster to understand that RLB is a major Fitzpatrick fan and DC Tom is a eridium and intestinal poster.

May not be a bad idea to extend the search for awhile until we're closer to the 2013 draft so everyone who might be interested gets a chance to apply.

Some of our best posters may not be privy to the new mod search because of the off season.

2013 Draft?!!!

If they're not looking at the board that often, at least lurking, then they really shouldn't be applicable.

There has to be consistency and familiarity with whoever gets it. Otherwise they won't get the nuances of the board. Can't expect someone unfamiliar with a poster to understand that RLB is a major Fitzpatrick fan and DC Tom is a eridium and intestinal poster.

And...DC Tom thinks we are all idiots along with

Chef Jim never needing advice.

2013 Draft?!!!

And...DC Tom thinks we are all idiots along with

Chef Jim never needing advice.

:lol: Before DC Tom gets a chance, I'm an Idiot

On the other hand a person who might be willing to devote time to an online community he cares about when normally because of the off season he wouldn't, might deserve some consideration,

vs a fella through his own admission could take this site or leave it...

What's the process like? I'm picturing the Mods locked in a room with the rest of us waiting outside for a sign. White smoke, or black smoke?

I am not sure it's going to be that scientific. More like:

SDS: "so, which one of these guys do you want to pick?"

BB: snoring sound

Beerball: "I am torn between not DC Tom and anybody with a pulse."

NG: "who was the first guy to respond to the thread? Kevin? Let's pick him."

SDS: "Done."

What's the process like? I'm picturing the Mods locked in a room with the rest of us waiting outside for a sign. White smoke, or black smoke?

Multiple votes with respectful internal disagreement about who to select? - - maybe - - but somehow I see the process a little differently:

http://www.moviefanatic.com/quotes/when-we-finish-this-meal-you-little-rodent-were-gonna-go-out-in/

When we finish this meal you little rodent, we're gonna go out in the yard and see who has the right to run this group of regulators.

"SDS has a soft spot for runaways, derelicts, vagrant types - - but you can't be any geek off the street. Ya gotta be handy with the steel, if you know what I mean - - earn your keep."