The Bills need some nastiness

TheMunsch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused. Do you want thugs or nasty players? What is the point of this thread?

I want players who play with heart. Look at the current team and tell me who you see goes out there an plays with heart the whole game? who doesn't take plays off? This thread was intended to point out that the bills currently do not play with heart.

The use of the word thug was meant to draw a positive comparison to sherman, who people criticize for his play but when in fact I see him as a player who works hard and never backs down. We need players like him

I am sorry that my use of the word thug was interpreted as an attack on a group of people that was not my intent and unfortunately that is how it got interpreted.

Edited by TheMunsch

ok, i see the topic headline has been changed, and to me it's a whole new conversation right now. thugs indicated a disrespectful and criminal element that i think we would all like as far away from our team as possible. nastiness, on the other hand, is something i have seen as a desired trait on this board for quite some time. i, myself have expressed interest in aquiring players that play with a lot of intensity, visual enthusiasm, and tend to play really close to the line as to whether they are hard hitting or just plain dirty. players that appear to be equal parts talented and crazy. yes, i want some players that play with a bit of "nastiness".

I think we need more good players and I don't care if they are soft-spoken like Barry Sanders and Jerry Rice, outspoken like Richard Sherman, nasty like Eric Wood, or anything in-between.

Does anyone give a damn what Aaron Rodgers' personality is? Like, it's pleasant to like guys as people, or to admire their attitude, or to be entertained by a loudmouth, but if they win they could go to the opera on the weeknights for all I care.

I never understood this idea that players need to be "nasty" to do their jobs. The Seattle defense doesn't have a reputation as being "nasty", and I don't think that what Sherman said after the NFC championship game qualifies as "nasty". They're just better than everybody else and they proved it. I don't think "nasty" players add to a team at all. I think they just put a bullseye on their own backs.

I want players who play with heart. Look at the current team and tell me who you see goes out there an plays with heart the whole game? who doesn't take plays off? This thread was intended to point out that the bills currently do not play with heart.

The use of the word thug was meant to draw a positive comparison to sherman, who people criticize for his play but when in fact I see him as a player who works hard and never backs down. We need players like him

I am sorry that my use of the word thug was interpreted as an attack on a group of people that was not my intent and unfortunately that is how it got interpreted.

We have quite a few players who play with heart . and i could make a list thats pretty long. That same list would be guys that play each down.

What the team has been missing for years is confidence .

For good reason too .

I thought i saw that turning around last year . Did you watch any of the weekly miked up specials on OBD ?

We have quite a few players who play with heart . and i could make a list thats pretty long. That same list would be guys that play each down.

What the team has been missing for years is confidence .

For good reason too .

I thought i saw that turning around last year . Did you watch any of the weekly miked up specials on OBD ?

Confidence... especially in each other. EJ needs to know his receiver is going to be in the spot that the ball is being delivered to, and that he'll hold onto it. The receiver needs to know that EJ is going to find him. I hope they are spending a ton of time together this offseason, as the reports suggest. EJ also needs confidence in his health.

Confidence... especially in each other. EJ needs to know his receiver is going to be in the spot that the ball is being delivered to, and that he'll hold onto it. The receiver needs to know that EJ is going to find him. I hope they are spending a ton of time together this offseason, as the reports suggest. EJ also needs confidence in his health.

All over the field man. The defensive line was talking about it under Wannstadt. Kyle was very loud. Pissed about assignments and execution.

Trusting the coaches to call the right plays the coordinators to give great insight into the next game and prepare them. Believing what a position coach is teaching.

And not worried about how soon the whole staff gets flipped again.

But RTDB , i meant mostly man to man. The guys next to you is going to do what he supposed to and just playing the game.

Getting after it of sorts.

We saw that a good bit last year on the defense and geebus that was fun to watch ! Now as you mention , get that offense pumping on all cylinders and headed in the same direction .

By the way Aaron Williams was very vocal and hit like a truck last year . And although My Man Leodis was just having fun he played his ass off with hustle and precision. Both those guys got their "confidence" under Donnie last year. Thats what it looks like folks . feel free to rewatch games and watch those two.

Nice guys too

Edited by 3rdand12

It is my strong belief that the bills in recent years have been to soft. We need some attitude. If you do not think you are the best you will not be the best. As much as I hate Sheldon Richardson there is something to be said about how he thinks he is the best and goes out and proves it. We need more people that play with an attitude.

Its "been too soft"...silly

I thought when Incognito played for us, that he was that meaner, uglier kinda football player that the Bills lacked. It makes me wonder what kind of locker room guy he is? We do need a few guys that can be a little ruthless at times. On both sides of the ball.