who thinks we will go OT in the 1st round

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills go BPA at 9 (disregarding QB). But I do expect an OT amongst the Bills' top 2 or 3 picks.

I think that the term "BPA" is kind of a cop out. IMO 90% of the time NFL teams draft in a combination of both dire needs and true player rating (BPA) with picks in the first through third rounds.

There's usually a thread that mocks how crazy fortunate teams were to have their highest rated player be the guy they took and he filled a need.

Edited by 1billsfan

I just don'ft think there is any way to ignore the fact that all three of the top OT's are considered better prospects than the kid that went #1 overall last year...I realize that goes for a few other prospects in this Draft at other positions as well...But if you're considering an OT, these guys may be too good to pass up... B-)

:thumbsup:

Lewan's stock really went up with that 4.87 40, and he moved up into the top ten in NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com's rankings

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I can't wait for Mike Mayock to post his mock draft, and top 32 players.

:thumbsup:

Lewan's stock really went up with that 4.87 40, and he moved up into the top ten in NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com's rankings

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I can't wait for Mike Mayock to post his mock draft, and top 32 players.

while I think his combine performance makes him a legit pick at 9, as I stated in another thread, I think one of Watkins and Mathews will now be there at 9 because there are easily 3-4 players whose combine also pushed them into possible picks at 6-8.

I think this will be the choice at 9, and right now, this is the value I'd place on them to the Bills if they didn't trade down, if they keep Byrd, don't get a ILB in FA, and if Mosley checks out medically. Too few ILBs.

• C.J. Mosley ILB Alabama
  • Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
  • Taylor Lewan LOT Michigan
  • Mike Evans WRF Texas A&M
  • Anthony Barr OLB43 UCLA
  • Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama
  • Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
  • Timmy Jernigan DT43 Florida State
  • Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State

I think this will be the choice at 9, and right now, this is the value I'd place on them to the Bills if they didn't trade down, if they keep Byrd, don't get a ILB in FA, and if Mosley checks out medically. Too few ILBs.

• C.J. Mosley ILB Alabama
  • Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
  • Taylor Lewan LOT Michigan
  • Mike Evans WRF Texas A&M
  • Anthony Barr OLB43 UCLA
  • Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama
  • Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
  • Timmy Jernigan DT43 Florida State
  • Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State

i think Barr is the wild card. TB and Minn could use a pass rusher. If he cracks the top 8, I think that pushes either Mathews or Watkins onto your list.

I think that the term "BPA" is kind of a cop out. IMO 90% of the time NFL teams draft in a combination of both dire needs and true player rating (BPA) with picks in the first through third rounds.

There's usually a thread that mocks how crazy fortunate teams were to have their highest rated player be the guy they took and he filled a need.

Totally. The other thing is that people spout "BPA" as though there's a clear Best among the players available at a given pick. Who's better, Josh Gordon or Navarro Bowman? Hard to say. The reality is that scouts do their best to grade draft prospects, but a lot of the grades are pretty bunched up. It's not like the top guy on the board has a grade of 100, then the next guy has a 90, then an 80, etc. It's more like there are three 96's, then five 95's, then four 94's, then two 93's, then eight 91's. Who can say that their scouts' grades are accurate enough that a 96 is really "better" than a 95?

Now, once in a while a team might find itself in a position where they have one guy left on their board who's WAY ahead of anyone else, and that's when they might do a true BPA pick, even if the guy plays a position they don't need. But generally speaking, "BPA" is just nonsense draftspeak. Would anyone ever admit that they took a guy who wasn't the highest on their board?

Agreed. We have 3 Tackles that are NFL Capable and have long careers ahead of them

Do we? I'd say we have one capable of playing at a high level and one who had previously looked just about passable, had a horrible year and is a strong candidate to be a cap casualty. After that who knows what the situation with Hariston is and I don't think he had really proven that much before getting hurt anyway.... and then a bunch of guys who have bounced around practice squads who may or may not turn out to have some talent.

Robinson and Matthews , then Lewan for me. after that there is a drop off .

this is where i land post combine. Not in order but whom i say yes, in the strongest manner to , when the ninth pick comes around.

Mack

Watkins

Robinson

Matthews

Evans

i could maybe flip Watkins and Mack as personal faves but getting Mack would be just astounding in every way . Dont let the pundits fool you . He would fit very well for Jim S. With Kiko and him able to to move around the field .

Watkins is just going to make everyone around him better .

Robinson is my RT. all day.

He can be the first picked by Bills and i will jump for joy . even though its a RT , the team need that position solved for years to come and EJ would thank him each game.

Matthews nearly the same but different. still happy not thrilled.

Evans combine has me on the edge of my seat now . Going to watch him in the NFL.

One of these will be there.

I want them all.

I think i have to root for Mack becoming a Bill though.

Will the Bills take OT at 9 ?

hell if I know. But , i am Sure the team gets much better right away and for a goodly stretch with either of them OT's i picked

We are going OT at 9. That is my predictition and I am sticking to it. I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a G in the second as well. If Mathews or Robinson slide to 9, we run to the podium. And if we draft a G in second too- our offensive line is set for years. We could land a quality WR in round 3, and load up on D the rest of the draft.

Question- can Pears line up inside? How effective would he be at G?

We are going OT at 9. That is my predictition and I am sticking to it. I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a G in the second as well. If Mathews or Robinson slide to 9, we run to the podium. And if we draft a G in second too- our offensive line is set for years. We could land a quality WR in round 3, and load up on D the rest of the draft.

Question- can Pears line up inside? How effective would he be at G?

I like your prediction :thumbsup: , and a OG, TE with 2 & 3 :wub:

Bucky brooks has moved Lewan up to #8 in his top 25.

http://www.nfl.com/c...il-mack-rise-up

Just watched Wilcots and Evans on NFL Network...Their top 10 mock had Robinson going 2nd, Matthews going 6th, and Lewan going 7th...Which left Kahlil Mack for the Bills at #9...I do think in that scenario the Bills would take Mack...I don't think the Bills want to go Defense at #9...But if all three OT's and Watkins are gone I think they'll be happy to walk away with Mack... B-)

Just watched Wilcots and Evans on NFL Network...Their top 10 mock had Robinson going 2nd, Matthews going 6th, and Lewan going 7th...Which left Kahlil Mack for the Bills at #9...I do think in that scenario the Bills would take Mack...I don't think the Bills want to go Defense at #9...But if all three OT's and Watkins are gone I think they'll be happy to walk away with Mack... B-)

If Mike Mayock grades the guy as his #1 overall I think its more likely Watkins will be there then Mack, and either way that's a no lose scenario for Buffalo.

If the Bills have their hearts set on an OT and all the top three are gone, and they think about trading back for an OT. Zack Martin is also moving up the draft boards, and is listed at 16. He could move up even more by the time the draft rolls around, as teams are recently so hungry for OT's

Whats screwy is that the QB's are dropping for now, and that may change after their pro days.

I know a lot of people don't like Taylor Lewan, but I really like my O linemen to have a bit of a nasty streak in them like Lewan does.

my guess is Mack, Robinson, and Mathews are all gone by our selection. I predict we draft Taylor Lewan. But if Mack is available. that is a gift!

That's the great thing about #9 this year...As long as those 3 QB go in the top 8 the Bills are going to get one from Robinson, Clowney, Watkins, Mack, Matthews, or Lewan...It really seems to be a no-lose spot... B-)

That's the great thing about #9 this year...As long as those 3 QB go in the top 8 the Bills are going to get one from Robinson, Clowney, Watkins, Mack, Matthews, or Lewan...It really seems to be a no-lose spot... B-)

people here don't think much of Barr, but 3/4 nfl.com mocks have him going before 9. That's a great scenario for the bills.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts

If Mike Mayock grades the guy as his #1 overall I think its more likely Watkins will be there then Mack, and either way that's a no lose scenario for Buffalo.

If the Bills have their hearts set on an OT and all the top three are gone, and they think about trading back for an OT. Zack Martin is also moving up the draft boards, and is listed at 16. He could move up even more by the time the draft rolls around, as teams are recently so hungry for OT's

Whats screwy is that the QB's are dropping for now, and that may change after their pro days.

I know a lot of people don't like Taylor Lewan, but I really like my O linemen to have a bit of a nasty streak in them like Lewan does.

that's the key, there has to be a run on QBs, if not, then we are probably looking at Ebron or Evans. I'm with you on Lewan, I think he'll be better than Mathews over time.