Friday Weigh in

First, to those saying "don't expect that every week" or "it's just water weight", I'd say blow it out your pie hole...

Nick, congrats... its one of the frigging hardest things in the world to do (and I'm trying - just want to lose like 12 pounds, but it's killing me).

Good job man, keep it up...

213668[/snapback]

losing weight is easy IMO. You just need selfdisclipine and strong desire to lose. If you eliminate starchy foods, white flour and sugar, eat lots of vegetables, lay off beer, do some strength training and go running 4 times a week you will lose weight. Its quite simple- burn more calories then you take in then you will lose weight.

Nice job to those that have lost weight! Keep it up!

Why do you say that? You think they're full of crap?

213701[/snapback]

Yeah I think they are full of crap.

I lost over 75 lbs over a 7 month period when I did WW before. I was losing 2.5 - 4 lbs a week - sometimes as much as 5... when I got down to a fairly decent weight the losses came a lot slower - about .5 - 1 lb per week.

If you have plenty to lose it will come off. The stuff that is there for the long run is harder to knock off and take a lot of disciple and more importantly excersize to shift it.

Excersize is important else you will burn off lean muscle tissue if you don't do anything with it - and thats when it gets dangerous.

I guess 16 stone sounds better than 229lbs? But going the other way, rather say I lost 14 lbs than just one teeny stone

213466[/snapback]

I prefer my dB_lb... :devil:

BTW, I'm down ~10lbs. Riding the Airdyne in the mornings, but that can be tough on the stones... :lol:

Doing the South Beach. I lost about 40lbs. with WW 3 years ago but gained back...

I dunno 16st sounds heavy to me... and losing a stone would be great. I am halfway there!

Aiming for 13st 6lbs. Thats 188 - I'd take 190. I am 6'0 and broad anyway - so can carry additional weight.

Gotta get ripped at the same time tho - I want guns like Ed Hochuli come next spring.

213514[/snapback]

Nick,

Cmon man, get to nice round # like 10 stone. Seriously, good luck on the plan. I have had success with a modified Body for Life system. Able to keep most of the weight off now by his exercise regime. Pretty cool and effecient workouts. For a guy of my advanced age(41), the weight training I think is paying off over the last two years. But God, I still hate lifting.

No joke here.

You will never keep the weight off with these diets guys. Your pumping money into CRAP! If you want a good lifestyle change, message me and ill put you on what I do. Note, this is not a diet. You will drop your weight off and maintain it. Im here to help you guys out. I do this for the Navy and im on the PRT cood programs. Ive helped alot of guys loose tons of weight and keep it off.