A three hour tour...

Beerball

Until the very end of the clip I was claiming BullChit. That guy looks entirely too husky to have been drifting for 14 months.

Until at the very end it said his companion died a few weeks into their drift. Now it all makes sense.

Until the very end of the clip I was claiming BullChit. That guy looks entirely too husky to have been drifting for 14 months.

Until at the very end it said his companion died a few weeks into their drift. Now it all makes sense.

Yeah, but how long can he cannibalize the body? Especially in the warm temps?

Yeah, but how long can he cannibalize the body? Especially in the warm temps?

That would be stupid. Cut up the body for bait, you get more meat that way, and the fish don't care how bad it's rotted.

Edit: not that I've given this any thought.

Edited by DC Tom

That would be stupid. Cut up the body for bait, you get more meat that way, and the fish don't care how bad it's rotted.

Very interesting! He was a fisherman, so he had to have fishing gear @ his disposal. Just a little bit of bloody chum in the water and he gaffs a shark?

Salt water brined.

Smoked

Sundried

Lots of ways to preserve meat.

Edited by Chef Jim

Salt water brined.

Smoked

Sundried

Lots of ways to preserve meat.

So? My point was more that if you can get, say, 90 pounds of bait off a human body, and catch 10 pounds of fish per pounds of bait (completely made-up numbers, by the way), you get more calories not eating the corpse.

So? My point was more that if you can get, say, 90 pounds of bait off a human body, and catch 10 pounds of fish per pounds of bait (completely made-up numbers, by the way), you get more calories not eating the corpse.

That was more of a response to EII wondering how long a corpse would last in a warm climate. I just don't really like talking to him. :D