U.S. Hockey Team

Dante

They are going to be a handful to compete against. Watched the first two periods this morning(that's all that was really needed) before going to work. The team is very fast and seem to have good chemistry already. Kessle, Pavalski , JVR look like they could be the best line in the Olympics. And Quick in net! Tough. Being from Canada I'm cheering for the motherland but I would love to see these two be there at the end. Would be a hell of a final. Can't stand the russian's and think they will wilt as the tourney goes on.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was something. I think Quick struggled a bit today and we had some issues with the Olympic ice, especially at the defensive end but this team is deep front, back, and in the net. USA Hockey is definitely going in the right direction.

Dear Olympic Officials: Elbowing is a penalty. I counted at least 5 today that the Russians threw. None were called.

That shootout was a nail biter. I was literally shaking when it ended. High drama and great theater. Please don't ever take the pros out of the games. The hockey is breathtaking.

That was something. I think Quick struggled a bit today and we had some issues with the Olympic ice, especially at the defensive end but this team is deep front, back, and in the net. USA Hockey is definitely going in the right direction.

Dear Olympic Officials: Elbowing is a penalty. I counted at least 5 today that the Russians threw. None were called.

That shootout was a nail biter. I was literally shaking when it ended. High drama and great theater. Please don't ever take the pros out of the games. The hockey is breathtaking.

Not quite as exciting as seeing college guys win it all, but yes...exciting.

Quick pulled a "Hasek" in the Russian game. As a leafs fan I always remeber Hasek knocking the net off with nobody around him. Too funny. I bet Putin is pissed...lol

Russia probably isn't complaining about their path to the gold medal game. Granted they have to play an additional game, but I think they'd rather face Finland AND Sweden than have to go through either the USA OR Canada. Barring any shocking upsets, Friday will be USA v. Canada.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/sochi-olympics-hockey-playoff-bracket/

LOL Russians eliminated on their own rink. Love it.

Russia probably isn't complaining about their path to the gold medal game. Granted they have to play an additional game, but I think they'd rather face Finland AND Sweden than have to go through either the USA OR Canada. Barring any shocking upsets, Friday will be USA v. Canada.

http://ftw.usatoday....layoff-bracket/

To bad US and Canada can't play in the final.

I was hoping that Quick would have a bad game so they'd have to switch to Miller.

Me too. I want the USA to win obviously but it would be much more intense and emotional for me if our guy Miller was between the pipes.