Dr. Roy Spencer is tired of warmists

and so am I. Which, is why I post a damning Global Warming thread at least once a quarter. Here the latest ball buster for the Scientologist faction of the environmental lobby, or as I call them, Environtologists:

95% of climate models agree: The observations are wrong

:lol: Great stuff here. Try to tell me it ain't "science" or that this guy works for the Koch brothers. No seriously. Try.

I am growing weary of the variety of emotional, misleading, and policy-useless statements like “most warming since the 1950s is human caused” or “97% of climate scientists agree humans are contributing to warming”, neither of which leads to the conclusion we need to substantially increase energy prices and freeze and starve more poor people to death for the greater good.

Yet, that is the direction we are heading.

Ha! He even throws in the birdog killer. How moral is starving and freezing the poor?

(Hint for clowns: he is doing the very same thing here, that I do all the time. He is using your own allegorical/hyperbolic writing style against you, and mocking the hell out of it at the same time. It's not really about the poor, it's about mocking your false claim to the moral high ground, "on behalf" of the poor, when that is a lie. All you are really interested in is: power. Specifically, power derived from and squeezed out of the poor)

And even if the extra energy is being stored in the deep ocean (if you have faith in long-term measured warming trends of thousandths or hundredths of a degree), I say “great!”. Because that extra heat is in the form of a tiny temperature change spread throughout an unimaginably large heat sink, which can never have an appreciable effect on future surface climate.

If the deep ocean ends up averaging 4.1 deg. C, rather than 4.0 deg. C, it won’t really matter.

And he takes on the "bottom of the ocean" hilarity. Long-term measured warming trends of .000s or .00s of degrees. Priceless.

Do we see piles of dead bodies in Buffalo in the winter? No. The bums have enough sense to go to the shelters and behave when it is life threatening. The only case i remember hearing of is someone my dad worked with. The guy was a drunk and the the union even said they wanted him gone but the contract forbade them. The guy passed out in a snowbank near his house and froze to death.

We may run out of winter for the Winter Olympics

Will Sochi be the last Winter Olympics? Has the Earth run out of snow? Readers on the east coast may find this essay from The Atlantic’s Ian Freidman a little ironic today, but he warned just as the snowstorm hit the entire East Coast that global warming was making the Winter Olympics potentially extinct, and that Sochi proves his point:

One of the warmest Winter Olympics in history is getting warmer.

Temperatures reached
today in Sochi, and they’re expected
on Thursday and Friday. For some perspective, the weather in the coastal resort is now roughly as warm as it was during
of London’s Summer Games in 2012.

{snip}

First, let’s start with the inherent assumption that Sochi was a reasonable venue for a Winter Olympics in the first place. It wasn’t, and its selection by the IOC raised eyebrows at the time for this very reason. Russia had to promise that they could keep the slopes snowy in order to win the bid, and so far that’s not been an easy task. While many think Russia is all about snowy winters, especially for those who know the history of large armies marching on Moscow, it might help to see a map of Sochi’s location:

sochimap-450x288.jpg

As a quick piece of research demonstrates, the temperatures noted by Friedman for this Olympiad are in fact the average temperature for Sochi at this time of year. The February average for Sochi is 42.8 degrees, and the average daily high is 49, with a low of 37. That’s a pretty poor choice for a Winter Olympics venue that has to rely on a lot of snow sticking to the ground, let alone falling at all.

Edited by B-Man

Sochi's climate is considered "humid sub-tropical." By comparison, that's the same classification as given the Southeastern US, the east coast of Australia (Sydney-Brisbane-Rockhampton), the coastal provinces in China from Shanghai to Hong Kong (inland roughly to Chengdu), and the region of the Platte river estuary.

Seems rather specious to me to argue that a warm Winter Olympics represents a warmer climate when you're holding the Olympics in the climatological equivalent of Savannah, Georgia.