Just ordered one of these

Dante

I think one HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE selling point for Zen Micro is the removable battery.

In about 2 to 3 years, all of us iPoders are gonna be left with a fairly expensive paperweight. Why? It costs over $100 to get a new batter for the iPod, and in 2 or 3 years, $100 will get you probably 100gig music and media player...

213415[/snapback]

That $100 will likely get you an entirely new iPod wrapped around your new replacement battery - read the link below. That wouldn't be too shabby, but if you only want the battery replaced, spend about 30 bucks and do it yourself. I did. It's easy.

I've owned a bunch of Macs and my kids have iPods. I've replaced a battery in my son's 1st generation model last year. It was only slightly harder than changing a lightbulb. So, maybe it's not for the average faint of heart Patsie fan, but I think even the average Waller could manage to do it without screwing it up. I WOULD NEVER DO IT IF THE IPOD WERE STILL IN WARRANTY! That's because Apple will do it for free - so why cough up the $20-30 needlessly?

Here's a site with the skinny:

Replace your battery? No problemo!

Here's their FAQ page:

iPod Battery FAQs

Here's some more real prices for the Do-it-yourselfer in you:

I've delt with these guys a bunch on lots of things.

We have nothing to fear but, Bill Gates himself.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic