FA - Brandon Spikes

Virgil

I'm pretty sure he won't be a bill based off his tweets about buffalo.

rob quinn had a really good read about the new defensive scheme under schwartz with our current roster and spikes is pretty much exactly what the bills need for this D. he uses his MLB as a 2 gap run stuffer kinda like a NT almost. pretty much stephan tulloch. and the OLBs play sideline to sideline. luckily run stuffing LBs are not nearly as hard to find as a LB who can hang in coverage.

Very true. We can get a good one in the draft and not need to sell our soul for Spikes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is kind if a dirty doosh. Not sure he'd come here and if so I have a feeling the locker room and training camp will be like a ufc octagon. Bring on hard knocks

I agree, he plays dirty and is a doosh. What if we sign him and he injures Tom Brady? Deliberately? He'd then get a 15 yard penalty!

wait a minute......... :devil:

Hey, the Bills can sign him, and Richie Incognito and let them fight it out before each game.

Anyway, I highly doubt you will see this team bring in any other high priced vets.

Training camp would be interesting

Edited by frogger

A resounding NO.

Yes i am sure i loathe him.

Some one will overpay him because he is a great run stopper.Blecchhh Phoooeey. Saying that left a bad taste

Despite what Blount did to us this past season, I can't believe that a run stopping LB that gets abused in passing situations is useful for a team in the AFC East (at least one that plays against NE).

Despite what Blount did to us this past season, I can't believe that a run stopping LB that gets abused in passing situations is useful for a team in the AFC East (at least one that plays against NE).

Blount was an anomaly . And a learning tool for Bills defense .

Being in the right place at the right time would have been better served in that game.

Pettine wasnt perfect by any means . Although he changed the culture for the better.

Edited by 3rdand12

I realize this means nothing because they could choose not to go after any of these guys after seeing their price tags, and/or none may be interested in coming here, but FWIW since this guy has a source at OBD:

Buddy Nixon@BuddyNixon 37m
    It's my understanding, based on market/price, the Bills will look into Donald Butler, Dansby, and Spikes. Really want to increase Run D ILB

If we sign him how long before wood or fred get in a fight with him

Usually the guys you get in a fight with, are the guys you want to play with, because you know they mean business out there. I have a feeling this team would embrace Spikes as a teammate.

• 4 weeks later...

Hated him when he played for Patriots. Saw him on NFL AM , he was intelligent , serious and sincere, I'll take him .

Saw that too, he wouldn't be too expensive and solves a need...why not, even if he was a Gator. I have a Spikes jersey already, #51 should be available...just saying.

Blount was an anomaly .

No, he was not an anomaly. Jordan Todman also put up a big day against them. And the 3rd string RB for Atlanta whose name I don't even know. And Bobby Rainey.

That's just in December. I could go back farther if you'd like

Am I the only one that is not all that excited about Spikes? I think that you can find cheaper 2 down LBs. I would not overpay for a plugger. I would rather Brinkley I think. In addition, I would try to grab someone in the mid rounds (Borland, Bullough, etc) to help play that role. The free agent dollars should be allocated to OL IMO. They should certainly sign their RT (Collins or Strief), an inexpensive LB, possibly a TE, S and/or OG.

No, he was not an anomaly. Jordan Todman also put up a big day against them. And the 3rd string RB for Atlanta whose name I don't even know. And Bobby Rainey.

That's just in December. I could go back farther if you'd like

I guess i splained myself poorly.

The Bills backfield did not get beat down by teams grinding the ball all game. They got beat on broken or high risk against the run play calling by players i didnt even know of . I could be wrong in remembering but its seems when the Bills focused to stop the run they did a decent job and most of the yardage was on a couple heart breaking plays

Am I the only one that is not all that excited about Spikes? I think that you can find cheaper 2 down LBs. I would not overpay for a plugger. I would rather Brinkley I think. In addition, I would try to grab someone in the mid rounds (Borland, Bullough, etc) to help play that role. The free agent dollars should be allocated to OL IMO. They should certainly sign their RT (Collins or Strief), an inexpensive LB, possibly a TE, S and/or OG.

I loathe Spikes . After reading up on Brinkley i am okay with that if we are going two down player. Mclain too

I love the idea of Spikes. Bring him in on 1st & 2nd downs, sure up the run D, and draft another LB in the later rounds.

Force teams to pass or run outside on 1st & second downs. Get them into longer 3rds and send our pass rush.

Hes an A-hole but I'd take him right now because its a perfect fit.

Edited by eme123