ICYMI: Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL

YoloinOhio

Part 2 of "Hey Rookie" aired this week on ESPN2. The first part was on right after Preseason. EJ is featured heavily along with Gio Bernard, Honey Badger and Eddie Lacy. There is a lot of mic'd up stuff from the Bills, Marrone and Hackett and interviews with EJ and Hackett. They talk about the injuries and show a lot of game footage. The Part 1 had a lot of draft coverage and some of TC and PS. Anyway, my DVR only recorded a little over half of it for some reason (it was listed as an hour). So not sure what I missed toward the end. Hopefully it airs again. It was very positive on EJ. No, they did not ask him if the Bills were going to take another QB this season in the 1st rd.

Edit: It looks like Part 2 will air again tomorrow morning (2/9) at 11am EST on ESPN2.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Saw most of it today. Heavy sugar coat on it, but interesting nonetheless.

I agree... there was another player who was on Part 1 who didn't end up on Part 2... can't remember his name but he was Minn's 1st rd pick and he was a DT or DE I believe. Maybe he got hurt early on and didn't play?

I saw it....Hackett is in love w EJ ftr.

Nice bounce back shown from Pitt to nyj game.

The Tampa to jax commentary of Jacksonville trying to use things that confused him the week before and him totally getting it the second time seeing it was nice too.... But there were some spots where they also really glossed over some negatives that made it tough to gauge truth vs feel good in anecdotes like that. Good reminder of the reasons to be optimistic though.

Always enjoy watching these rookie shows. Everyone knew EJ was raw coming out. He has shown flashes but the consistency isn't there yet. He is looked upon as a savior to lead the Bills back to the promise land. Fans aren't patient and I understand everyone is tired of this team being the same old Bills. The biggest thing with EJ is going to be his ability to stay healthy.

I think he has everything you want in a QB from an intangibles perspective. Can he put it all together, he gets next year to show that progress. Otherwise, we start looking for another QB come 2015. I say load up on offense in the draft and add defensive pieces in FA. Surround EJ with playmakers and let him sink or swim on his own.

Edited by billieve420

Anytime the Bills get positive media exposure is a good thing... ESPN could have followed Geno instead, but glad they chose EJ. It was interesting to see his thoughts and Hackett is funny, always so positive. It is clear that Marrone, Hackett, EJ (and maybe Whaley), having all come in together, are dependent on each other for success. To me, I have always thought it was good to have that kind of synergy in timing so you don't have a new coach/OC coming in with a QB who was just drafted and they have no investment in (like in TB) or a coach who was sold on another guy and got a new one shoved in his lap and has a new OC every year (like in NYJ).