So, per Mark Gaughn's Twitter, Jerry is headed to Sochi

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and this is amusing because ...

let's pretend to have an iota of civility here.

what poor taste, even without the 5 exclamation marks.

shameful.

jw

I mean, this post is so tasteless on so many levels that it's befuddling to think how someone lacks the cogent ability to not comprehend how wrong such a comment can be -- or consider it in any way "amusing."

Wishing harm on any athlete, coach, family or journalist is in poor taste...agreed; but can I chuckle if Jerry has to eat cold, pickled herring or mutton a few nights in a row??

Maybe Jerry had this same experience, from Deadspin:

someone had left an indeterminate amount of semen on the sheets of the second bed, and those sheets had been taken away for cleaning, and hadn't come back.

Journalist: I just checked into my room and there were no sheets on the bed.

Concierge: Sorry Sir. Those sheets were drenched with semen and are currently being laundered. Could be awhile.

Journalist: Jeez. How much of it was there?

Concierge: Hard to say. One, maybe two loads.

Funny stuff there. Sounds like it's should be interesting to say the least.

I read that this morning... not a question of if but when...as soon as people turn their devices on they are hacked. This is gonna be a nightmare

poor guy. I hear the shacks I mean hotel rooms are not completely finished and your cell phones either don't work or get hacked

my apologies to others here for being a little sensitive in regards to this topic.

Jerry is a very good friend of mine, and my worries are raised regarding him and many other colleagues i know covering the games in Sochi. and that doesn't disclude those athletes and coaches who i have come to know.

my concerns are raised because all of them are spending the next two weeks in not exactly the safest place in the world. it's so unsafe that numerous athletes and coaches -- including Ted Nolan -- heading to Sochi have elected against bringing along friends and family due to security concerns.

poke fun all you want. i draw the line when it comes to wishing harm upon them, particularly when those fears are already evident.

that's sick.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

my apologies to others here for being a little sensitive in regards to this topic.

Jerry is a very good friend of mine, and my worries are raised regarding him and many other colleagues i know covering the games in Sochi. and that doesn't disclude those athletes and coaches who i have come to know.

my concerns are raised because all of them are spending the next two weeks in not exactly the safest place in the world. it's so unsafe that numerous athletes and coaches -- including Ted Nolan -- heading to Sochi have elected against bringing along friends and family due to security concerns.

poke fun all you want. i draw the line when it comes to wishing harm upon them, particularly when those fears are already evident.

that's sick.

jw

understood and can understand the concern, can see how i offended ya. being a friend.