NFC dominance

Beerball

I went to Spotrac & Seattle has a long list of UFA's that could spell an end to their title defense hopes.

UFAs: Michael Bennett, Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, Tony McDaniel

RFAs: Doug Baldwin

And then there's Russell Wilson. Do the Seahawks really want to pay him $817,302 next year? He's under contract through 2015. I see him getting an offer this offseason as a goodwill gesture.

rookies cant renegotiate until the end of their 3rd season.

and that list is far from daunting, all things considered.

Still need the talent. Sherman is going to get a monster deal. So is Wilson. That means a really important player is going to be lost. It will be interesting.

the first to go is likely marshawn next year - he will be a 9m cap hit in 2015, and 7.5m can be saved cutting him. thats a good chunk of the pay raise for thomas.

sherman and wilson will be very tough - they wont be able to spring for guys like harvin or avril on a whim to fill a hole once that happens.

Edited by NoSaint

rookies cant renegotiate until the end of their 3rd season.

and that list is far from daunting, all things considered.

the first to go is likely marshawn next year - he will be a 9m cap hit in 2015, and 7.5m can be saved cutting him. thats a good chunk of the pay raise for thomas.

Good point. The second next year ends, Russell Wilson's agent should be ready to get a new contract.

Ah the time honored tradition of over reaching to discount someone's opinion. We'll see how it plays out, but I've given my prediction above.

We don't have to wait until it plays out - it played out. One horrible game doesn't mean that Denver wasn't better than those teams. You're overreacting to a single game. Nobody was saying these weren't the best two teams in the NFL before the game. Hell, everybody knew they were the best two all season long - yet now, there are 6 teams in the NFC better than the Broncos? I don't think so.

Now, if you're question is who will be the best teams next year I think I'll wait until the offseason is complete to try and predict anything.

We don't have to wait until it plays out - it played out. One horrible game doesn't mean that Denver wasn't better than those teams. You're overreacting to a single game. Nobody was saying these weren't the best two teams in the NFL before the game. Hell, everybody knew they were the best two all season long - yet now, there are 6 teams in the NFC better than the Broncos? I don't think so.

Now, if you're question is who will be the best teams next year I think I'll wait until the offseason is complete to try and predict anything.

You didn't get the memo. you must overreact to everything. Whatever just happened was the best or worst thing ever.

Ah yes, the time honored tradition of over reacting to the Super Bowl.

The Broncos are the #2 team in the league. San Fran is the only other NFL team that might be better -- and I don't think they have the secondary or QB to pull it off.

NE was #4, and that was with all the injuries. GB and NO are overrated and on the decline. Colts are better than either of them (and Arizona).

you made a typo

NE, GB and NO are overrated and on the decline