Beerball

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Green Bay

Carolina

New Orleans

Arizona

Rank those 6 however you like (did I leave anyone out?). Where does the first AFC team come in and who are they?

Denver was exposed

New England was exposed

Can Indy get over the hump? KC? Cincinnati?

denver probably slides in above most of those teams. they beat the eagles by over 30 points in the regular season. this was one, albeit very ugly, just a single ugly game and the super bowl is a bit out of sorts (neutral field, an extra week off, totally out of schedule the week before and during the game)..... id put Seattle at #1 and San Fran, Denver, Carolina, and maybe New Orleans in the scrum for 2, then green bay, new england, and maybe arizona and philly in the 3rd tier.

Edited by NoSaint

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Green Bay

Carolina

New Orleans

Arizona

Rank those 6 however you like (did I leave anyone out?). Where does the first AFC team come in and who are they?

Denver was exposed

New England was exposed

I'll rank the top 12 in the NFL

Seattle #1 & San Francisco #2 were clearly the class of the NFL this year.

Denver #3. Every team plays one terrible game per year. Nothing went Denver's way like SB 27 for the Bills. Yes they got spanked but consider their injuries. Losing Clady LT in preseason & Von Miller was huge.

New England #4. Gronkowski, Mayo, Wilfork and a host of injuries did them in.

Carolina #5. Newton has come a long way, and Rivera grew balls bigger than john clayton's bald spot this year. Plus the Carolina defense is the 3rd best in the NFL.

Philadelphia #6. Chip Kelly was the rookie coach of the year. Nick Folk, Shady McCoy & Jackson are the best QB, RB, WR combo in football. Defense is a weakness. This team needs a safety. Many of their fans say that the Byrd goes together with Eagles like peanut butter & jelly.

Indy #7. Andrew Luck has proven he has the skills to be a 4th qtr closer. Their defense still is their #1 weakness. They also need WR help because Reggie Wayne & Bills cast-off DaRick Rogers aren't the answer after TY Hilton.

San Diego #8. New coach meant better results come playoff time. Rivers did a 180 with Frank Reich coaching him. Ran out of time in comeback attempt at Denver.

New Orleans #9. Drew Brees won his first playoff road game in Philly & played Seattle close and had a chance to force OT. Their rush defense sucks.

Arizona #10. Best team to not make the playoffs in 2013. Beat up Seattle on the road in December. Great WRs, & secondary.

Green Bay #11. Battled 49ers in WC game in Lambeau. Couldn't contain Kaepernick's scrambling again.

Cincy #12. Dalton gets a lot of hate from Cincy fans, but their LBs look slow compared to top NFL defenses.

Honorable mention #13 KC. Got off to a 9-0 start but were exposed late for being marginal on defense. Went 2-5 in last 7 games.

Edited by BigCountryBills

Well using your logic of whom has been exposed, you could say the same for all the NFC teams too except Seattle. San Fran exposed Carolina and Green Bay.... I'd tend to agree with NoSaint's order Seattle San Fran Denver at the top three. Pluse from year to year alot can change on a team. Teams can suddently have a bunch of tape on Foles and you hear people screming to start Vick next week. Green Bay is one hit on Rogers from being average at best.

The one thing I will say about Seattle it's a good blueprint for success in that I doubt Wilson wil lever get the salaries of Brady, Rogers, or the Mannings. But the trouble is those salaries take too large of a bite out of the salary cap. So having a middle of the road paid QB allows you to spend much more $$ elsewhere.

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Green Bay

Carolina

New Orleans

Arizona

Denver was exposed

New England was exposed

One can make the same argument for the NFC.

San Francisco was exposed

Philadelphia was exposed

Green Bay was exposed

Carolina was exposed

New Orleans was exposed

Arizona was exposed

The Ravens, Steelers and Houston were all good teams last season. Some bad mojo bit them on the butt

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yikes, the NFC West is one helluva division as things currently stand. I'd put Denver behind SEA, SF, NO, CAR, and ARZ

That's in line with my thinking.

One can make the same argument for the NFC.

San Francisco was exposed

Philadelphia was exposed

Green Bay was exposed

Carolina was exposed

New Orleans was exposed

Arizona was exposed

The Ravens, Steelers and Houston were all good teams last season. Some bad mojo bit them on the butt

Feel free to start that thread, but regarding this one...how would you rank the teams for next season?

Ah yes, the time honored tradition of over reacting to the Super Bowl.

The Broncos are the #2 team in the league. San Fran is the only other NFL team that might be better -- and I don't think they have the secondary or QB to pull it off.

NE was #4, and that was with all the injuries. GB and NO are overrated and on the decline. Colts are better than either of them (and Arizona).

Ah yes, the time honored tradition of over reacting to the Super Bowl.

The Broncos are the #2 team in the league. San Fran is the only other NFL team that might be better -- and I don't think they have the secondary or QB to pull it off.

NE was #4, and that was with all the injuries. GB and NO are overrated and on the decline. Colts are better than either of them (and Arizona).

Ah the time honored tradition of over reaching to discount someone's opinion. We'll see how it plays out, but I've given my prediction above.

That's in line with my thinking.

Feel free to start that thread, but regarding this one...how would you rank the teams for next season?

If I had to pick an order

San Francisco (plays hard and dirty)

New Orleans (play depend on Drew)

Carolina

Philadelphia (play depend on a revolving #1 QB [so far])

Green Bay (play depend on Aaron Rogers)

Arizona haven't paid them much mind so by default they go last.

Take Drew and Aaron out of the picture and Az shoots up, 2 or 3 spots.

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Green Bay

Carolina

New Orleans

Arizona

Denver was exposed

New England was exposed

Ravens did win the superbowl last year, they should be back, I could see the Colts and Chargers making a push as well.

When I think of that young Seattle team the word "dynasty" rears up.

The next closest team is San Fran and I just think Seattle's talent, coaching and FO is a notch above SF's.

Anyone else is well back, unless BillB and Brady can somehow figure out Mr. Carroll's mastery (and time is running out on them.

Good thing the Bills are in the AFC.

It's jsut funny how fast things switch. 3 years ago, the NFC West was thought of as one of the worst divisions ever. Overall, I think the AFC-NFC head to head records were very similar. Everything switches every year. The Eagles went 1-3 against the AFC. GB was 2-2. NO went 2-2.

This is also why pre-season strength of schedule is super dumb. Every year is a new year.

The next closest team is San Fran and I just think Seattle's talent, coaching and FO is a notch above SF's.

Anyone else is well back, unless BillB and Brady can somehow figure out Mr. Carroll's mastery (and time is running out on them.

Seattle was in a very lucky situation. They have a 3rd round rookie QB. They have a lot of young players who haven't gotten paid yet. Their salary cap situation is about to become a ton different, starting when Wilson gets big QB money. Honestly, his agent should push for a new deal now.

Dynasties almost seem impossible in football today with the cap the way it is. Seattle definitely hit the lottery in their last couple drafts. Just wait til they have to pay the taxes. They will lose a lot of people in the coming years. It'll be interesting to see how many holdouts they have this year. Hopefully for them, RW will give them a discount in a couple years, cus he just earned himself some Super Bowl winning QB money.

It's jsut funny how fast things switch. 3 years ago, the NFC West was thought of as one of the worst divisions ever. Overall, I think the AFC-NFC head to head records were very similar. Everything switches every year. The Eagles went 1-3 against the AFC. GB was 2-2. NO went 2-2.

This is also why pre-season strength of schedule is super dumb. Every year is a new year.

Seattle was in a very lucky situation. They have a 3rd round rookie QB. They have a lot of young players who haven't gotten paid yet. Their salary cap situation is about to become a ton different, starting when Wilson gets big QB money. Honestly, his agent should push for a new deal now.

Right, but there is no salary cap on coaching and a FO.

I went to Spotrac & Seattle has a long list of UFA's that could spell an end to their title defense hopes.

UFAs: Michael Bennett, Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, Tony McDaniel

RFAs: Doug Baldwin

And then there's Russell Wilson. Do the Seahawks really want to pay him $817,302 next year? He's under contract through 2015. I see him getting an offer this offseason as a goodwill gesture.