Beast Mode

bmur66

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually a interesting concept.

If a player lives in a state where it is legal, even if just medically, and it is not considered performance enhancing, should testing positive be a problem anymore?

It's kinda silly IMO. Weed is the opposite of performance enhancing. If it's legal in that state, it's more of a team issue than a league one.

It's kinda silly IMO. Weed is the opposite of performance enhancing. If it's legal in that state, it's more of a team issue than a league one.

i disagree. It's neutral in my opinion (assuming you aren't using it during a game or practice ;) ).

But I agree with it becoming a team issue at that point, along with alcohol and any other recreational drug,

i disagree. It's neutral in my opinion (assuming you aren't using it during a game or practice ;) ).

But I agree with it becoming a team issue at that point, along with alcohol and any other recreational drug,

and the teams have decided to take a collective stance against it currently.

Testing positive for it is still cause for NFL discipline

True, but as I mentioned somewhere here - from the mouth of Chris Cooley on DC radio - The NFL tests once a year and always at the same time. Stop smoking for a month prior to that time and you are good to go for the remainder of the season. Only the dumb dumbs get caught Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

He was unstoppable inside the 20 when with the Bills. He is a tough guy. Seattle won the Superbowl in large part due to the Bills. Cutting Lynch, and then while needing a QB, passing on Wilson for freaking TJ Graham.

Lynch was anything but "unstoppable" as a Bill. In fact Freddy outplayed him. The guy had no motivation to play hard for the Bills. So do we keep him until his next suspendable offense?

A dude who was an NBA ball boy was on the Dan Patrick show today said he knew several times when players played high. How? The players would send him out to their Denalis to retrieve their stash.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

and the teams have decided to take a collective stance against it currently.

It's more of a PR stunt than anything. Unless you are in the substance abuse program you are tested once in the beginning of the year. The tests aren't even random, as players know when and where they will occur. So, in order to not get caught all you have to do is not smoke for a month or so out of the year.

Edited by Fingon