Beast Mode

bmur66

Great D, Their o line is pretty dam good too. For a short guy having a line that holds the pocket up and a top running game.... You really could plug a lot of QBs in there and have success.

I firmly believe EJ Manuel would have done just as well in that game last night.

I agree. Wilson is good and possibly will be great one day. But he is far from the top reason they won the SB. how is he on Jacksonville? But dude got a title in his 2nd year so props to him. QBs get too much credit/ blame.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills did what we had to based on his inability to stay out of trouble while here. At the same time, I don't have any hard feelings towards him, I always enjoyed watching him run for us, and I'm happy for him that he seems to have found a place where he can be himself without getting into too much trouble. I also really like his after touchdown non-celebrations.

We can argue all we want about Lynch, but the guy deserves some mad props for staying out of trouble and being a critical part of a Super Bowl-winning team. Congrats to him!

he has not stayed out of trouble. he has a DUI pending right now. and even if he did, not getting arrested shouldnt be mad props.

he has been great on the field though.

No one is happier than Marshawn Lynch about being traded from Buffalo to Seattle. Nix essentially gave him away. The guy will forever be a superbowl champion no matter how any delusional Bills fan tries to justify the trade.

No one is happier than Marshawn Lynch about being traded from Buffalo to Seattle. Nix essentially gave him away. The guy will forever be a superbowl champion no matter how any delusional Bills fan tries to justify the trade.

Do you honestly think if the Bills had not drafted Spiller & not traded Lynch he'd play for the Bills right now? Can you walk me through that one, because I'm not seeing it.

Do you honestly think if the Bills had not drafted Spiller & not traded Lynch he'd play for the Bills right now? Can you walk me through that one, because I'm not seeing it.

The guy will forever be a superbowl champion no matter how any delusional Bills fan tries to justify the trade.

any coincidence he went to a team where pot is legal?

it's still against league policy. that trumps state/federal/local law. if he tests positive for it, it doesn't matter its legal, he faces the NFL's policy on banned substances

Yes halfway decent. Houston didn't make him an offer for a reason and it wasn't because he didn't fit their schemes. He sucked year one and was 'good' year 2. Now I know this is blasphemy because as soon as we sign someone they are afforded the most ridiculous excuses in history being on the Bills by the fanbase, but that doesn't change reality. Reality is he isn't worth 100 million period. The contract was another stupid move by this franchise. Now if the guy can start putting up 20+ sacks per year from here on out, sure he is worth 100 mill

Still ignored is the fact it took 100 mill to get him to Sign here in Buffalo

OK.....gonna try to be nice here cuz I have turned over a new leaf

- He did not "suck" in his first year.....he was injured and he got better as the season went on and still put up respectable numbers

- He was VERY good in his second year....there are only so many sacks to go around when your team is putting up team record (or close to it numbers)

- Let us not forget that Mario is a beast and also gives us run stop.....but he is ONE PLAYER and when your team overpursues your gonna give up runs sometimes

In addition....I would like to know what you propose to get playmakers to come to Buffalo since you dont seem happy with the 100 million dollar contract. They overpaid because it is BUFFALO and you have to do that when your trying to put something together......when the team starts winning you dont have to pay as much.

I have no problems with Mario Williams or what the bills did to get him here.

any coincidence he went to a team where pot is legal?

It wasn't legal when he went there. Not that the legality of it is a big deal to him.

I firmly believe EJ Manuel would have done just as well in that game last night.

Oh God no. Not what I've seen from Manuel so far. I certainly hope he gets to Wilsons level some day (this upcoming season would work for me), but by no means is he there now.

Unless you meant Manuel playing for the Broncos, in that case I agree completely ;)

Basically I'm happy with the outcome. Lynch got a ring and Welker got denied. Works for me.

Edited by CodeMonkey

it's still against league policy. that trumps state/federal/local law. if he tests positive for it, it doesn't matter its legal, he faces the NFL's policy on banned substances

Chris Cooley has said this a dozen times since he went on air on DC radio

The NFL tests for pot ONCE a year at the same time every year. The smart ones know to stop smoking for a month before hand and wait for the test. Once you pass the test you don't have to worry until the next season , or you do something else stupid to be retested. The dumb ones get caught and get tested monthly

It wasn't legal when he went there. Not that the legality of it is a big deal to him.

Oh God no. Not what I've seen from Manuel so far. I certainly hope he gets to Wilsons level some day (this upcoming season would work for me), but by no means is he there now.

Unless you meant Manuel playing for the Broncos, in that case I agree completely ;)

Manuel had a nearly 300 yards and a comeback W against the #2 defense in the NFL. He had a great game in terrible weather against one of the best defensive coaches in football.

This isn't really towards you, but some people act like EJ didn't have some moments this year. He did. Obviously, there's a lot of questions but he has looked the part at times. Wilson's job last night was not to screw things up. He did that but he wasn't probably in the top 3 MVPs for Seattle.

I like Marshawn. I wish he could have stayed a Buffalo Bill. He was a knucklehead unfortunately. I think he suffered from home sickness. If you remember after he got drafted his mother moved to Buffalo for a time to get him situated and then went back to Oakland. Flying from Buffalo to California is a whole day trip. Flight time is roughly 8 hours not to mention a layover for an hour at some airport.

Seattle to Oakland is roughly 2 hours flight time direct flight.

I think that is part of his problem. He still got a DUI in Oakland last offseason.

Marshawn is somewhat immature if you ask me. His actions at SB with not speaking to media was childesh. It's part of his responsibility to talk to the Media. eVery player hates it why should he be special?

I like Marshawn. I wish he could have stayed a Buffalo Bill. He was a knucklehead unfortunately. I think he suffered from home sickness. If you remember after he got drafted his mother moved to Buffalo for a time to get him situated and then went back to Oakland. Flying from Buffalo to California is a whole day trip. Flight time is roughly 8 hours not to mention a layover for an hour at some airport.

Seattle to Oakland is roughly 2 hours flight time direct flight.

I think that is part of his problem. He still got a DUI in Oakland last offseason.

Marshawn is somewhat immature if you ask me. His actions at SB with not speaking to media was childesh. It's part of his responsibility to talk to the Media. eVery player hates it why should he be special?

Twice in school, once in HS and once since, I've seen a person who was made to speak before a group lose it mid-sentence and walk out the door - and those were in front of classes of apx. 20 and 150 respectively, not a national Super Bowl audience. It wasn't because they just didn't feel like it, they just aren't wired that way. Some people can play football, but aren't comfortable speaking in front of a crowd. I think it's a scumbag move for the NFL to refuse to make an exception for someone who clearly has a serious problem with it.

Twice in school, once in HS and once since, I've seen a person who was made to speak before a group lose it mid-sentence and walk out the door - and those were in front of classes of apx. 20 and 150 respectively, not a national Super Bowl audience. It wasn't because they just didn't feel like it, they just aren't wired that way. Some people can play football, but aren't comfortable speaking in front of a crowd. I think it's a scumbag move for the NFL to refuse to make an exception for someone who clearly has a serious problem with it.

i wonder if marshawns camp has made any effort to reach out - get a diagnosis, or try to set up accommodations. i thought he was just not happy with how his media interactions had previously gone, but some of the super bowl antics made me wonder if it wasnt just a matter of distaste for them and an actual anxiety disorder of some sort.

i wonder if marshawns camp has made any effort to reach out - get a diagnosis, or try to set up accommodations. i thought he was just not happy with how his media interactions had previously gone, but some of the super bowl antics made me wonder if it wasnt just a matter of distaste for them and an actual anxiety disorder of some sort.

I think it's the latter. A local radio guy talked about doing an event with Lynch. He said Lynch was great with the kids and other people, but he was really uncomfortable with him (the reporter). He said they spent most of the day together and after a few hours Lynch opened up, but he got the feeling talking to the press was outside his comfort zone. I can't say I blame him. I'm comfortable speaking in front of a crowd but I don't even like leaving messages on answering machines. I don't know how I'd feel knowing my every word was going to be memorized in print for all time.

I think it's the latter. A local radio guy talked about doing an event with Lynch. He said Lynch was great with the kids and other people, but he was really uncomfortable with him (the reporter). He said they spent most of the day together and after a few hours Lynch opened up, but he got the feeling talking to the press was outside his comfort zone. I can't say I blame him. I'm comfortable speaking in front of a crowd but I don't even like leaving messages on answering machines. I don't know how I'd feel knowing my every word was going to be memorized in print for all time.

especially since his early interactions with the press (even if his own fault) werent all that great for him in buffalo.

He could have interviewed with his football helmet on like Ricky Williams used to do