What do you think the Bills will do with season ticket prices?

Estro

With a couple of teams already announcing season ticket prices for the 2014 season, I'm expecting the Bills will be doing so themselves shortly. If memory serves me right I believe there was no increase in prices last year, so I'm sure the Bills are debating whether or not they can "afford" to raise the prices. There are a lot of moving parts.......Reasons to not raise the prices would be: 1 - coming off a 6-10 season, 2 - More than likely no shiny new QB via the draft, 3 - Last year they failed to sellout a game or 2 and had to manufacture another sellout or 2. Reasons why they might bump prices: 1 - New renovations at the Ralph, 2 - If they sever ties with Toronto, they'll certainly be looking to recoup some of that revenue. My guess is that they stay flat for another season. Anybody have any insight? One other note to keep an eye on is this new tier pricing some NFL teams are doing, similar to the Sabres having different prices for more in demand games. I could see the Bills exploring this idea, as our early season games (September & October) always seems to command a much higher price than the later ones, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Estro

What Bills will do about season ticket prices: Raise them.

What will Bills' fans do about season ticket prices: Pay them.

Sheep to the slaughter in terms of continuing to pay top $ for substandard product.

It's a fans personal choice. You don't like it too bad.

I believe that the Bills are still the lowest priced tickets in the league and in certain areas they are WAY off what the rest of the league pays. The lower level between the goal lines especially. I would suspect that you will see higher demand areas increase and stay flat or even decrease in the lower demand spots.

I do not see an issue with the Bills ticket prices. You can get season tickets for about $300 I believe. Pricing does not seem to really have anything to do with the sellout struggles. Weather mixed with team performance cause the problems late in the year. If the season ticket base can get to 60k I don't think that you will see sellouts as an issue.

Why would the stadium renovations help justify a ticket price increase? Aren't the renovations funded solely with public money?

The Bills are kicking in some.

I believe that the Bills are still the lowest priced tickets in the league and in certain areas they are WAY off what the rest of the league pays. The lower level between the goal lines especially. I would suspect that you will see higher demand areas increase and stay flat or even decrease in the lower demand spots.

I do not see an issue with the Bills ticket prices. You can get season tickets for about $300 I believe. Pricing does not seem to really have anything to do with the sellout struggles. Weather mixed with team performance cause the problems late in the year. If the season ticket base can get to 60k I don't think that you will see sellouts as an issue.

There, it seems, many different ways "ticket prices" are quoted and referred to in the media.

Last year, 6 teams had lower average ticket prices than the Bills in one article. Some rank Buffalo next to last. None put Buffalo at the bottom--the Browns have that honor.

For $11 more, fans could be watching the Panthers. For $14 more, the Seahawks. The average premium ticket for the Bills is more than for the Saints, Colts, Chargers, Seahawks, Dolphins, Titans, Vike, Bengals.

The season ticket prices in 2013 did not go up last year but the average price for an individual non-premium ticket went up a whopping 12% to $74.51.

The Bills are kicking in some.

There, it seems, many different ways "ticket prices" are quoted and referred to in the media.

Last year, 6 teams had lower average ticket prices than the Bills in one article. Some rank Buffalo next to last. None put Buffalo at the bottom--the Browns have that honor.

For $11 more, fans could be watching the Panthers. For $14 more, the Seahawks. The average premium ticket for the Bills is more than for the Saints, Colts, Chargers, Seahawks, Dolphins, Titans, Vike, Bengals.

The season ticket prices in 2013 did not go up last year but the average price for an individual non-premium ticket went up a whopping 12% to $74.51.

The season ticket price is the only one that matters in some areas. If they are $80 a seat between the goal lines for a season ticket that is the real price because they don't sell individual tickets in that area (except to staff, players and VIPs). You create the spread between ST & IG prices to create a value even if it is not real. The NBA is famous for it. The sticker price on Jack Nicholson's seats is probably $5K per ticket, per game but he probably only pays about half of that.

How in the world do you get to 60,000 season tix? I think they're in the mid-40's now.

They were mid 50's just a few years ago. They will need 1 good season but can get to 60k.

Why would the stadium renovations help justify a ticket price increase? Aren't the renovations funded solely with public money?

Not to pay back money, but because a better experience may justify a higher cost... Atleast I'd think that was the point being made

I expect the per ticket price to stay the same but prices will go up if the Toronto series gets canceled, which of course people will complain about. The same people who complained about losing a home gamer to Toronto.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot