Half Time show thread

OCinBuffalo

I just gotta say this:

I can't believe this Bruno Mars clown won anything, by blatantly ripping off The Police, right into Earth Wind and Fire, complete with the same exact chord progression into the chorus, and following up with Springstein and topped off by Genesis.

Yeah, I've heard the Chili Peppers.

So essentialy we had: the late 70s, early 80s, mid 80s, late 80s, early 90s.

And, none of it original. Not a single bit.

Pathetic. And the last song? Ripping off Bryan Adams. So, par for the course.

Jesus. If this is what passes for grammy winners? Things have gotten really bad.

take a chill pill. The half time show was good.

Yeah. I'm guessing OC (like many of us) has suppressed the bizarre, indecipherable Black Eyed Peas debacle from just a few years ago. As far as SB halftimes go, last night's was just fine, IMO.

Edited by The Big Cat

Yeah. I'm guessing OC (like many of us) has suppressed the bizarre, indecipherable Black Eyed Peas debacle from just a few years ago. As far as SB halftimes go, last night's was just fine, IMO.

we're still getting strung along by the FCC over the wardrobe malfunction from 10 years ago.

Did I enjoy looking at Beyoncé bounce around hell yes! did I enjoy the music? not really.

What about Prince with his phallic guitars, much worse that Bruno.

I just gotta say this:

I can't believe this Bruno Mars clown won anything, by blatantly ripping off The Police, right into Earth Wind and Fire, complete with the same exact chord progression into the chorus, and following up with Springstein and topped off by Genesis.

Jesus. If this is what passes for grammy winners? Things have gotten really bad.

You forgot that he ripped of James Brown's dance moves, but the so did Mick Jagger, Tina Turner and every singing dancing entertainer since.

Loved the show, however.

we're still getting strung along by the FCC over the wardrobe malfunction from 10 years ago.

Did I enjoy looking at Beyoncé bounce around hell yes! did I enjoy the music? not really.

What about Prince with his phallic guitars, much worse that Bruno.

Yes. She was smokin' hot last year.

3h9IAiI.jpg

Her publicist still hasn't gotten this "taken off the Internet."

I just gotta say this:

I knew I had heard that progression somewhere else and I thought it was the Police, glad to see I wasn't the only one who picked that up.

Sounds like it's more about Bruno Mars then the show.

Mars does appear a bit of a copycat at times. But then again what new can there possibly be?

There's no new zeppelin or Beatles walking through that door.

He's got a James Brown schtick he does also.

So the Beatles, Stones and Zeppelin didn't blatantly rip off American blues artists? C'mon man. Most music is influenced by some other music. I like Bruno Mars and thought he did an excellent job.