Pepper Johnson to Bills Staff as D-Line coach

BRAWNDO

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys are building a real, professional coaching staff. I can't believe my eyes. This is what serious teams do...

Indeed

If anyone had any doubt about the team's desire to win, the hirings if Schwartz, Pagac, Johnson, and Hostler should put that to rest.

Very impressive, and what's even more encouraging is that these high profile guys want to be here.

First off, thanks for the shout out...always nice to know others are thinking of you.

Second, I said I heard from John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, not some "source".

Just search his twitter feed if you're that interested.

EDIT:

Or just read this, which is the same link I posted in the Shoutbox last week...

http://m.nbcsports.c...uld-join-texans

You did post that link, but you also said something along the lines of a factual statement like

"my sources have told me Johnson is going to the Texans, it just isn't confirmed yet."

So you are just admitting then that your "sources" are just educated guesses based on public information and public media speculation.

You did post that link, but you also said something along the lines of a factual statement like

"my sources have told me Johnson is going to the Texans, it just isn't confirmed yet."

So you are just admitting then that your "sources" are just educated guesses based on public information and public media speculation.

What is your point? Seriously get off of it. The guy was wrong, it happens.

LOL. My head is spinning...Pat Sajak over Olshefski, now Pepper. Your demands for action from the FO certainly caused this sudden influx of coaching talent....nice job JR.

Really you deserve a lot of credit here. Your campaign against O'shaughnesey did him in. Not sure we can beat the combo of Sajack and Peppa.

Now that we have hired some guys, the panic attacks will thankfully end.

Second last?

ok, the number 22nd ranked defense in 2012 according to NFL.com. for what it's worth, Detroit gave up similar numbers as us, with like 20 or so fewer defensive snaps.

My only point is Schwartz is not greater than or equal to Pettin.

Not sure why good coaches are coming to Blo this off-season...do they know something?

staff openings would be my first guess.

I love all the self loathing

Wow, I had no idea you cared that much what I say...I'm honored.

What I said was that my understanding was that Johnson was headed to Houston. I was asked where I'd heard it, and said it was from McClain.

I guess I don't really know your point.

Since you care so much though, I spent time in the late 90s doing work with the AP...mostly Bills, Sabres, and some NLL stuff.

It was a fantastic experience err I met many great people that I still remain in close contact with today.

Again, thanks for reading what I write so closely and thinking of me; I really do take it as a compliment.

Edited by thebandit27

Thoughts this AM:

What about Wilfork coming here? When is his contract up? Maybe the right combination of things happen to let him land here.

Wilfork is signed thru the 2015 season

but per Boston Globe...

The Patriots have been ruffling some feathers recently and maybe this is enough to push the envelope on one of their stars and force a release/trade. I'd expect Wilfork traded for a 3rd before being cut.

Wow, I had no idea you cared that much what I say...I'm honored.

What I said was that my understanding was that Johnson was headed to Houston. I was asked where I'd heard it, and said it was from McClain.

I guess I don't really know your point.

Since you care so much though, I spent time in the late 90s doing work with the AP...mostly Bills, Sabres, and some NLL stuff.

It was a fantastic experience err I met many great people that I still remain in close contact with today.

Again, thanks for reading what I write so closely and thinking of me; I really do take it as a compliment.

For what it's worth, the person talking about "sources" was Rob's House. He was joking around all day with it...someone would post a story or tweet in a thread and Rob would relay it joking that "his sources" told him yada yada etc.

Everyone pretty much knew he was just having fun...

What is the fascination over Brandon Spikes?! As far as I'm concerned he's the "plumbers butt" of linebackers in the NFL!

He's a very good 2 down thumper. However, he is a huge liability in coverage.

AKA he is a perfect fit for the responsibilities of the MLB in Schwartz's schemes from his past. He wants his MLB to be a run stopper who barely EVER drops into coverage. His primary responsibility is to plug the A gaps (Center/Guard).

what he said.

This is strange. A position coach leaves New England in search of, in his words, a better opportunity. Then he signs on with Buffalo? Am I tripping on acid?

The Bills defense is ultra talented. The pass rush is feared and people who keep blathering on about not stopping the run don't realize that when the defense did try to stop the run this past year, they did. The big issue was getting gashed for big gains when they were not expecting it. That's coaching, not talent. Pepper recognizes that this team is loaded and wants to be a part of it.