Please remind me who are the racists and who are the tolerant ones&#33

Gary M

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of overreaction by the RNC .

Disagree. They and others get away with this all too often. It's how idiots like gatorman, and most every other progressive, can falsely claim that the GOP is the party of slavery and get away with it.

Time to call out the true racists no matter what because I'm really tired of mindless people falsely accusing others for the sake of political gain of the takers.

Disagree. They and others get away with this all too often. It's how idiots like gatorman, and most every other progressive, can falsely claim that the GOP is the party of slavery and get away with it.

Time to call out the true racists no matter what because I'm really tired of mindless people falsely accusing others for the sake of political gain of the takers.

I agree that there should have been a reaction. I just think the idea that 'we are banning people from going on the network until they make internal corrections' is the wrong reaction, and only reinforces a negative image of your group.

I agree that there should have been a reaction. I just think the idea that 'we are banning people from going on the network until they make internal corrections' is the wrong reaction, and only reinforces a negative image of your group.

There is already a negative image of the right on MSNBC, and the only people really watching this story could probably care less about the GOP banning anyone. There's nothing to lose by banning people from appearing, but it will truly piss off people who need the right on their show, like Morning Joe. Otherwise, no one cares about Sgt. Schultz or Maddow because they rarely have GOP on their shows.

When the first commercial aired there was no conservative uproar, why would revisiting it create an uproar?

It wouldn't.

MSNBC needs to have their bias pointed out at every opportunity.

The Msnbc tweet was the "over-reaction"...................not the RNC response.

Hey ......my first "fixed post !

I love MSNBC- they have side by side with Fox News when I am at the gym in the afternoons- nothing more entertaining than cable news. My favorite segment has to be Al Sharpton's program... truly priceless tripe

Source? Or is this another of your pontifications that isn't backed up by anything?

This is how progressives justify their idiocy. Heaven forbid they ever stand for anything other than a big swig of kool-aid and whatever their moronic masters tell them to believe.

The progressives are capable of a lot of things, but independent thought will never, ever be one of them.

Edited by LABillzFan

Here is why this is important.

The Cheerios biracial ad controversy ginned up by the far-left network did not begin with an isolated tweet. It began with the underlying report itself by Gabriela Resto-Montero. As originally seen by a poster at Free Republic, Ms. Resto-Montero described the reaction to the original appearance of the ad last June as a "conservative backlash."

The the original June article at MSNBC does not characterize the "backlash" as anything but, well, a "backlash."

In other words, Resto-Montero added the word "conservative" on her own, apparently assuming that the only people who might object to biracial relationships are those who might otherwise have right-leaning views.

Here's a suggestion, ma'am: Google "black men should not marry white women," and tell me what you think the political views of those who oppose the idea might be.

It cannot be emphasized enough that the original sin is not the tweet, which could be passed off as some unsupervised ignoramus gone wild. The truth is that characterizing those who object to a biracial relationship as automatically "conservative" was a conscious decision made by an MSNBC writer.

As Matt Sheffield at NewsBusters noted earlier this afternoon, MSNBC's Richard Wolffe, in the network's tweeted apology, tried to claim the following:

The Cheerios tweet from @msnbc was dumb, offensive and we've taken it down. That's not who we are at msnbc

Note the lack of apology for the smear in the underlying report. I say what Wolffe was hoping that the removal of "conservative" from Resto-Montero's writeup wouldn't get caught. Too bad for him that he was wrong.

MSNBC and Ms. Resto-Montero owe the public an apology for the her original report's characterization. Until then, there really is no reason to believe what Wolffe claimed about "who we are."

Read more: http://newsbusters.o...e#ixzz2ruzc84Ci

MSNBC and Ms. Resto-Montero owe the public an apology for the her original report's characterization. Until then, there really is no reason to believe what Wolffe claimed about "who we are."

A forced apology is not an apology.