Bills hire Jim Hostler as Senior Offensive Assistant

d_wag

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was horrible in SF as the OC and nothing too good in Baltimore as a WR coach Torey Smith only name that comes to my mind. I read that he has worked with tommy steerer before.thjnk he was with Marrone while he was with the jets

Good thing he hired him to be none of those things.

If they now bring in a WR coach, plus Hostler and Downing, does that mean they think Hackett was in over his head?

What difference does it make now?

Looks like there were some bruised egos and such in Baltimore over the OC hiring, and Hostler was left holding the bag:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/77733/harbaugh-denies-being-forced-to-hire-kubiak

He was horrible in SF as the OC and nothing too good in Baltimore as a WR coach Torey Smith only name that comes to my mind. I read that he has worked with tommy steerer before.thjnk he was with Marrone while he was with the jets

They won the SB last year and as far as I recall they didn't run the ball or throw to the TE on every down.

Well, he did work wonders with Lee Evans.

jk, looks like a solid hire

But Torrey Smith. So good news for TJ Graham. At least we should hope.

I just got the text as well. It is funny, when I read it, I initially thought that they had misspelled Hostetler

Me too! First thought was, "HOW COULD THEY?!?"

+1 Me too I had SB 25 flashbacks :wallbash:

Same here

But Torrey Smith. So good news for TJ Graham. At least we should hope.

Me too! First thought was, "HOW COULD THEY?!?"

He coached Boldin last couple years before he went to SF this year and yes, he was already good, but he has outstanding fundamentals Edited by YoloinOhio

The guy did "nothing too good" in Baltimore to such an extent that he was seriously considered as the team's new offensive coordinator. Yeah, it sounds like Harbaugh really disliked the job he did.

I am curious what the souped up title means. Will he be coaching WRs? Because if not they still need a dedicated WR coach and I wonder what he'll actually be doing instead.

I'd say it means they wanted to continue beefing up the O coaching staff and gave a nice title to a guy who lost on the final cut of the Ravens OC sweepstakes.

I like how Marrone is upgrading the experience level of the staff as a whole.