Gregg Williams - new DC of the St Louis Rams

Like A Mofo

Why do you think that? If I understand the timeline correctly, Rams hadn't yet fired their DC when Schwartz was on market. When they did fire him, Schwartz was already picked up by us.

There's that and the fact that as much as we weren't re-hiring Wade, we weren't re-hiring Gregggg. Why bring back old blood that was fired already from here, regardless of position. OBD is trying to move on.

Why do you think that? If I understand the timeline correctly, Rams hadn't yet fired their DC when Schwartz was on market. When they did fire him, Schwartz was already picked up by us.

im taking a guess and saying they were just keeping him around until they had a replacement penciled in. not saying it says anything hugely significant, but i wouldnt say that there was anything blocking him from schwartz if he wanted to pursue him (except the unmentioned maybe schwartz wasnt interested in StL)

Edited by NoSaint

im taking a guess and saying they were just keeping him around until they had a replacement penciled in. not saying it says anything hugely significant, but i wouldnt say that there was anything blocking him from schwartz if he wanted to pursue him (except the unmentioned maybe schwartz wasnt interested in StL)

You might be right. But I find it weird that Schwartz and greggo were out there for a while, before the decision to fire walton was made. It makes me think that fisher perhaps wasn't entirely convinced he should fire Walton. (All speculation, of course).

You might be right. But I find it weird that Schwartz and greggo were out there for a while, before the decision to fire walton was made. It makes me think that fisher perhaps wasn't entirely convinced he should fire Walton. (All speculation, of course).

Perhaps not convinced he should hire Gregg, strikes me as more likely if just spitballing on it. It's possible he had to even make a case to the powers that be above him, given the history. Last time the rams signed him it didn't work out so good.

Edited by NoSaint