What did we get for Marshawn Lynch?

And has a pending DUI case (that for whatever reason Goodell has done nothing about).

I hope he really did mature. He came from a tough background and is a good player. But he single handedly is the reason he's not on the Bills. And luckily for him, it worked out for him.

Goodell is looking more and more like the Brandon Shanahan in terms of consistency. I know Lynch wore out his welcome in Buffalo, I was okay they traded him, I was just pissed they got so little value in return. The guy can play and I never saw anything but 100% effort while he was on the field in Buffalo. The Bills boxed themselves into a corner with the Spiller pick and panicked. Live and learn.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodell is looking more and more like the Brandon Shanahan in terms of consistency. I know Lynch wore out his welcome in Buffalo, I was okay they traded him, I was just pissed they got so little value in return. The guy can play and I never saw anything but 100% effort while he was on the field in Buffalo. The Bills boxed themselves into a corner with the Spiller pick and panicked. Live and learn.

Running backs don't get much in trades, especially ones that were one strike away from a year long suspension. It worked out great for the Seahawks but maybe the trade was Lynch's wake up call.

Let it go... The slate is clean. The coach, gm, and team president are all different now. Here are the transactions to judge them by this far:

1. Shep trade for Hughes

2. Lawson, Thad mooreman and carpenter acquisition

3. Draft of EJ, kiko, woods, Robey, Goodwin, gragg, duke, Meeks, Hopkins Tuel

4. Byrd tag

5. Levitre release

6. Wood extension (ha ha ha)

7. Cuts and pick ups of all the fringe players, WRs and lineman

8. Branch pick up

9. Kolb, Flynn, TJ, Leinart QB roulette

10. Pettine and now Schwarz

And anything else that happened in the past 14 months

Everything else is in the past and belongs to the old regime.

Let it go... The slate is clean. The coach, gm, and team president are all different now. Here are the transactions to judge them by this far:

1. Shep trade for Hughes

4. Byrd tag

5. Levitre release

8. Branch pick up

good post.

1. Shep trade for Hughes

4. Byrd tag

5. Levitre release

8. Branch pick up

What about Brandon ? He was a part of the last 2 regimes, does he deserve a do over ?

What about Brandon ? He was a part of the last 2 regimes, does he deserve a do over ?

But to what extent did he have say in the Football Operations? Much? Little? All? I'm not sure anyone outside of OBD knows that...what we do know, is what has transpired since Brandon came out last January and said, "We are going to be a progressive, forward thinking" organization / team. Have they done that? Do you think they've made strides towards that? With that evaluation, I think you can decide what's what at OBD this year...

But to what extent did he have say in the Football Operations? Much? Little? All? I'm not sure anyone outside of OBD knows that...what we do know, is what has transpired since Brandon came out last January and said, "We are going to be a progressive, forward thinking" organization / team. Have they done that? Do you think they've made strides towards that? With that evaluation, I think you can decide what's what at OBD this year...

I'd be thrilled to be wrong about Brandon, thrilled, as I don't see him going anywhere until the first day of a new ownership group. I'm just saying that I think he had a lot to do with what went wrong with this team for the past several years. He was defacto GM for a brief time, he did hire a couple GM/coach tandems, so, he is complicit if not responsible. I hope you and others are right and that Brandon wants to spend to win and maybe last January he was finally given final say over all aspects of operation. Time will tell. I'm hoping.

Brandon is there to sell tickets. He does a fantastic job doing that. I'd take him as my marketing guy any day. Whaley is clearly in charge of football operations now. (see post re: last 14 months). I don't know why people continually blame Brandon for football decisions he may have made when he should never have been placed in a position by the Bills to make such decisions.

Brandon is there to sell tickets. He does a fantastic job doing that. I'd take him as my marketing guy any day. Whaley is clearly in charge of football operations now. (see post re: last 14 months). I don't know why people continually blame Brandon for football decisions he may have made when he should never have been placed in a position by the Bills to make such decisions.

I would be glad to debate Brandon's self-proclaimed "marketing genius" label anytime. Look no further than comparing the state of the Bills, in terms of marketing and the Green Bay Packers. That's one example. As for selling tickets, I think fear (of the team moving), low ticket prices, no competing teams and loyalty have a lot more to do with it than anything Brandon has or hasn't done. But all of that is for a different thread. As for blaming Brandon, you said it yourself, he was making football decisions and was responsible for a couple bad hires. I don't blame him for drafting Troup in the 2nd round, but he certainly hired the guy that did. We as fans have to expect more from this FO and demand accountability and not continually allow the FO to make excuses. This team hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years. Raise your standards !

4th round pick, IIRC.

EDIT: 2011 4th round pick (Chris Hairston) and 2012 5th round pick (Tank Carder).

I think Future considerations would have been a better option in this case. We gave him away for a song basically...

I would be glad to debate Brandon's self-proclaimed "marketing genius" label anytime. Look no further than comparing the state of the Bills, in terms of marketing and the Green Bay Packers. That's one example. As for selling tickets, I think fear (of the team moving), low ticket prices, no competing teams and loyalty have a lot more to do with it than anything Brandon has or hasn't done. But all of that is for a different thread. As for blaming Brandon, you said it yourself, he was making football decisions and was responsible for a couple bad hires. I don't blame him for drafting Troup in the 2nd round, but he certainly hired the guy that did. We as fans have to expect more from this FO and demand accountability and not continually allow the FO to make excuses. This team hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years. Raise your standards !

Wrong. "THIS" team hasn't made the playoffs in 1 year.

You either must accept that in order to change things you have to change things, and then evaluate if they are working..... Or.... Just piss and moan about how bad things are without changing anything hoping it gets better someday dismissing any and all actions to get better.

This organization is different in every single way.

Ralph is not calling the shots. None of the decision makers or key coaches are anywhere near social security eligibility. None of them are Marvs buddies. They had a great draft. They picked up solid free agents. They hired sought after coaching talent.

What the hel do standards have to do with being a bills fan anyway. I am a bills fan. I want them to win, I want to enjoy watching them play. If they don't win ever game that's too bad... But what should I do stop being a fan?

Light up some vitriol on a chat board chastising people who were smart enough to turn a football interest into a career as opposed to a chat board affliction?

That sounds fun.