Super Bowl tickets still available

Just Jack

According to ABC News, about 3,800 tickets are still available for the game. I wonder if they'll black it out if it doesn't sell out.

Ticketmaster....

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Super-Bowl-Tickets-at-MetLife-Stadium-in-East-Rutherford-2-2-2014?PID=1366664&intcmp=cr107151&wt.mc_id=NFL_TM_LCL_SUPER_BOWL_SPLASH_PG_MODULE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to ABC News, about 3,800 tickets are still available for the game. I wonder if they'll black it out if it doesn't sell out.

Ticketmaster....

http://www.ticketexc...PLASH_PG_MODULE

I'm guessing you are being sarcastic but I can think of 3 reasons off the top of my head they wouldn't:

1. It's the super bowl

2. I don't know how it works with regular season games, but the amount of money invested into super bowl commercials would likely draw some backlash(lawsuits) from businesses.

3. PROFIT!

Although, not selling out the super bowl and not blacking out their markets would be a nice little nugget for the FCC to wave around when they blackout local games.

Unsold, or on secondary markets (like ticket exchange)?

Based on some of the prices at the Ticketmaster link, I think it's a mix of unsold and resellers. It was mentioned as part of their reporting of some fake SB tickets being good enough to get you in the game.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/sports&id=9410498

Based on some of the prices at the Ticketmaster link, I think it's a mix of unsold and resellers. It was mentioned as part of their reporting of some fake SB tickets being good enough to get you in the game.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/sports&id=9410498

Based on that first link the cheapest on ticketexchange are $1700 - only lower level sidelines are more expensive face than that with the second highest face being $1500, 40% of the stadium being under $1000 and uppers level seating starting at a $500 face (ie the ones selling for $1700)

Unless I'm missing something?

Edited by NoSaint

It will sell out IMO. Although, If any here are thinking of going I'd wait until Saturday to buy tickets as i think the prices will keep dropping. The teams playing in the game are from the other side of the country and its far to cold for the rich folks to sit out in the elements for 3-4 hours.

It will sell out IMO. Although, If any here are thinking of going I'd wait until Saturday to buy tickets as i think the prices will keep dropping. The teams playing in the game are from the other side of the country and its far to cold for the rich folks to sit out in the elements for 3-4 hours.

Aren't all the rich folks sitting in the luxury suites?

Maybe they should consider playing at least one superbowl game a year in toronto, since they can't sell out the game in the winter months...

It's just not a viable market.... right Russ?

Joking aside, it appears to be not only sold out but the plummeting ticket prices are still more than 300% face value.... Unless I'm missing something.

I'll be sitting outside with the real fans.

Until the anthem is over. Then it's inside with all the rich fans where you belong. ;)

So lower bowl sideline endzone tickets on ticket exchange for $5000 each.

Lower bowl 50 yard line row 9. Someone has 8 tickets they are trying to sell for $25,572 each.

Do people really pay that kind of money to see a football game?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Joking aside, it appears to be not only sold out but the plummeting ticket prices are still more than 300% face value.... Unless I'm missing something.

When I first posted, there was a little over 3,300 tickets available, and cheapest seat was about $1750. Now I see there's 200 less available and cheapest seat is $1580. It will be interesting to check again on Friday and see how it compares.

When I first posted, there was a little over 3,300 tickets available, and cheapest seat was about $1750. Now I see there's 200 less available and cheapest seat is $1580. It will be interesting to check again on Friday and see how it compares.

that can be not just tickets selling, but also listings expiring. im still pretty sure its only second hand tickets on the site though (ie the game is sold out). odds are itll level out in the 1200-1500 range for the cheap seats

Until the anthem is over. Then it's inside with all the rich fans where you belong. ;)

Lower bowl 50 yard line row 9. Someone has 8 tickets they are trying to sell for $25,572 each.

well at those prices, its less about the football game and more about the "super bowl experience" and why ive been saying NY in Feb was a risky choice for a ton of reasons -- and id bet the 25k ones are just someone saying "im going unless someone gives me a ridiculous amount of money for my tickets." just because they are listed at that doesnt mean anyones paying that much for them.

Edited by NoSaint

Under 2,000 tickets remain, starting at $1400 each.

And scalpers are disappointed.....

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/ticket_scalpers_this_is_the_worst_super_bowl_ever.html

"This is the worst Super Bowl ever," Lloyd, a 42-year-old ticket scalper hanging outside Brooklyn's Barclays Center, told New York Magazine. "Nobody likes the cold weather, they always want a warm climate. Usually around this time I'd be up $20 - to - $30,000. Last year, New Orleans was beautiful - I made $40,000. New York, I don't know why they did it. I'd be happy if I make $5,000."

Actually that would be the rich celebrities who didn't have to pay to get in and don't give a damn about the game. They are there simply because it's the place to be.

Edited by Mark Vader

only people actually paying with their own cash for this game on the 10% of the tickets alloted to each team that typically get sold in that teams lottery for tickets.

The remaining 80% are given to folks as business entertainment

Someone said only the rich will be inside...amend that to only the uber rich will be inside, outside will only be the rich...and the rest of us slubs are in front of the TV

Edited by plenzmd1