SOTU text released

Gary M

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think a guy who pays his female employees less than his male employees would either fix that error or STFU.

But no. Heaven forbid progressives actually practice what they preach.Then they'd have to participate in Obamacare, and we can't have that, can we?

Its similar to their noble stance on charitable donations. They'd rather give to Uncle Sam in higher taxes than stoop to giving away their money to charities. This is because it might lower their tax bracket, but even if their rate stayed the same Uncle Sam would be getting less than his fair share. So they "give at the office" just by buying Girl Scout cookies and lend their full support to Uncle Sam.

You'd think a guy who pays his female employees less than his male employees would either fix that error or STFU.

But no. Heaven forbid progressives actually practice what they preach.Then they'd have to participate in Obamacare, and we can't have that, can we?

People don't remember that the US pursued close relations with the Taliban, until Mavis Leno started bitching about women's rights. Clinton and Albright shortly thereafter turned US policy towards Afghanistan on a dime, not least of which because they needed the women's voting bloc in the 1996 Presidential elections. Not coincidentally, around that time bin Laden was expelled from Sudan, made his way to Afghanistan, and started to ally himself with the Taliban.

The Democrats have always pandered to women, with no practical sense of responsibility. .

Good grief what a yawner the SOTU was tonight.

Instead of watching the SOTU last night the wife and me watched "Dance Moms"s". That show is more realistic and makes more sense. I'm 100% convinced Abby Lee would make a much better prez than Obama.

No. WE have to practice what they preach.

one of these things is not like the other

"I do think, at a certain point, you've made enough money" -- 2010

"If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen." -- 2012

"we don't resent those who, by virtue of their efforts, achieve incredible success." -- Last night's SOTU speech

“We”? President Class Resentment understands that “we” includes him, right?

Maybe he should remind the sycophants in OFA and the media who attacked Mitt.

ADDED: I just discovered this rare portrayal of DC Tom, TYTT, and OC enjoying the State of the Union Address

Cartoon-copy.jpg

Edited by B-Man

You should all read probably one of the best things I've read from Peggy Noonan since the speech she wrote for Reagan following the Challenger disaster.

Mouth-breathing kool-aid drinkers need not bother as we all know you believe the problems with the current administration are no fault of the administration...but the rest of America who lives in reality should read this as she does a terrific job (for someone who lives in the DC bubble) of getting to the heart of the SOTU speech.

Meanwhile, Back In America...

You should all read probably one of the best things I've read from Peggy Noonan since the speech she wrote for Reagan following the Challenger disaster.

Mouth-breathing kool-aid drinkers need not bother as we all know you believe the problems with the current administration are no fault of the administration...but the rest of America who lives in reality should read this as she does a terrific job (for someone who lives in the DC bubble) of getting to the heart of the SOTU speech.

Meanwhile, Back In America...

Very well written article. Peggy is one of my favorite columnists.

Wow. Rebel Pundit goes into the south side of Chicago and interviews some residents following Obama's SOTU, and what these people share is absolutely stunning.

Worth every minute, and finally gives you a little faith that maybe more people are paying attention than you actually thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7mYg6Gt15o&feature=share&list=UUKCXRhi-1Z4eCnsNJujlbmQ