Bills to interview Olsavsky for LB Coach

BRAWNDO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about this guy, but I will overly positive/negative about him based on what feels I am feeling when I wake up tomorrow.

Well I hate it because he's awful and we're doomed, but also because he's going to be poached next offseason after doing well, continuing our merry-go-round of coaches.

I know nothing about this guy, but I will overly positive/negative about him based on what feels I am feeling when I wake up tomorrow.

plus side: He was a tough LB when he played

minus side: Units under his tutleage were consistently in the bottom third of the league

conclusion: Not sure if I should **** or go blind.

(disclaimer: no actual research conducted on Jerry)

Must be a Whaley connection

From the Pitt Post-Gazette:

The Steelers might not be done losing assistant coaches.

Defensive assistant Jerry Olsavsky, who played nine seasons for the Steelers, will interview with the Buffalo Bills to be their linebackers coach.

Olsavksy has been a defensive assistant for four seasons with the Steelers and is looking to become a full-time position coach.

He played against the Bills in one of their playoff games and I remember he physically punished them. The Bills were sent home licking their wounds. Paul Maguire was one of the broadcasters.

Was it the one where the Stillers played all backups and all we had to do was win to get in the playoffs... :cry:

Maybe this guy will bring FA LB Jason Worilds with him from Pitt...

His family is originally from the area where I live (Youngstown, OH). He bought his parents a very nice house with some of his NFL money, so he seems to be a family oriented guy. As a player he was pretty well respected as a guy who made the most out of the opportunities that came his way and got the most out of his ability. I think it would be a good hire in the sense that he's going to be very motivated and will relate to his players. That being said, if he gets the gig he's going to be judged by how much the LB's improve.