That's ironic

Beerball

What is Richard Sherman doing in The Vatican? Shouldn't he be preparing for the Super Bowl and not concerning himself w/the sheep of the world?

Sheesh...what kind of Seagulls do they have in the Vatican? The kind I know will pester you for potato chips during your picnic at the beach, but attacking small animals? Yikes!

What? They have a beach @ The Vatican? The Pope gets everything! ;-P ;-P

Anyway... Maybe it isn't ironic. Maybe this is exactly what The Pope wanted everybody to see!

they're possessed

Seagulls are possessed everywhere! They are a study. I heard from a bird watcher one time that there are about 20 or so different seagulls... I never looked it up. Also, supposedly they don't rear/raise their young, they just kick them right outta the nest from the get go and fend for themselves... Survival of the fittest. Did you ever see how seagulls act? They literally struggle and fight for every inch... Bickering, stealing, scavaging, etc... They live quite an existance. Seagulls could be a study for humans and how NOT to act.

Don't get me started on seagulls!... This thread will spiral out of control! ;-P ;-P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

What is Richard Sherman doing in The Vatican? Shouldn't he be preparing for the Super Bowl and not concerning himself w/the sheep of the world?

What? They have a beach @ The Vatican? The Pope gets everything! ;-P ;-P

Anyway... Maybe it isn't ironic. Maybe this is exactly what The Pope wanted everybody to see!

Seagulls are possessed everywhere! They are a study. I heard from a bird watcher one time that there are about 20 or so different seagulls... I never looked it up. Also, supposedly they don't rear/raise their young, they just kick them right outta the nest from the get go and fend for themselves... Survival of the fittest. Did you ever see how seagulls act? They literally struggle and fight for every inch... Bickering, stealing, scavaging, etc... They live quite an existance. Seagulls could be a study for humans and how NOT to act.

Don't get me started on seagulls!... This thread will spiral out of control! ;-P ;-P

Been to the beach many times in V A and OB

they sure are crazy. So crazy (at least I thought) that on one night we put out leftovers of salmon on the cub and it took over an hour before they showed up. Put out a French Fry and they are there before it hits the ground.

Been to the beach many times in V A and OB

they sure are crazy. So crazy (at least I thought) that on one night we put out leftovers of salmon on the cub and it took over an hour before they showed up. Put out a French Fry and they are there before it hits the ground.

@ Buffalo Harbor, they were brutal! Especially when nesting (go figure given what I said)... On the breakwaters and along the Black Rock, when I worked in hydrographic survey, we would paint the station numbers for our sounding (depth reading) ops. Some may have seen them... Every 100' or so, painted in yellow on the breakwaters, along the canal. Those were station points for soundings, the boat would come off those at roughly a 90 degree anglee and take the depth reading... Anyway, the seagulls were brutal! You would have to wear raingear and a hard hat when painting the stations, especially on the outer breakwaters.

Anyway... I am afraid my painting and legacy is vanishing. I broke in right before GPS. Still had to do all this marking/surveying by hand. Now, all the boat does is sweep the area and sound the water from the sky! Just drive the boat, line up the computer and go!

Also... Little none fact... Why you do NOT see many seagulls diving bombing tourists @ Navy Pier in Chicago. The pier between Navy Pier (see my lock thread for pic) and the lock is called "Dime Pier." They spray seagull pheromones (sp?) on Dime Pier to attract all the seagulls away from Navy Pier.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois