"True Detective" anyone?

Buftex

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great landing place for him. I always liked him as a journalist, but really didn't like him doing NBA games on Espn. And I am a Celtics fan!

Yeah, his input to 30 for 30 type docs on HBO should be good. The weekly show is definitely something I'm going to check out..............I'm looking forward to him getting back on the podcast wagon asap.

I hope wherever his writing ends up, he has an editor (although I know that won't happen) who can get down his War & Peace sized columns and mailbags to something where I end up reading the whole thing instead of running out of time.

Yeah, his input to 30 for 30 type docs on HBO should be good. The weekly show is definitely something I'm going to check out..............I'm looking forward to him getting back on the podcast wagon asap.

I hope wherever his writing ends up, he has an editor (although I know that won't happen) who can get down his War & Peace sized columns and mailbags to something where I end up reading the whole thing instead of running out of time.

Ha-ha...I know what you mean...I used to read his columns religiously, but they started getting too long... I look forward to this show. In general, I like most HBO productions, and their sports based series are always top-notch. I love Real Sports (though I am not really a Gumball fan), and I really used to like Costas old show. I think Simmons has cultivated a bit of an "agitator" image, and that will work well on HBO. No doubt, he will be going hard after Roger Goodell and the NFL.

I'm probably wrong but I'm guessing that Paul's father is the man that just got arrested for raping Velcoro's wife. When they first showed him, the first thing I thought was that he looked like he could be his dad. I'm thinking it'll be a reveal like his mother tells him that she found his father, saw his picture on TV after getting arrested. Just something for the viewers to wonder about, similar to how a lot of people were wondering about Woody's daughters involvement last season.

Good episode this week too.

I'm probably wrong but I'm guessing that Paul's father is the man that just got arrested for raping Velcoro's wife. When they first showed him, the first thing I thought was that he looked like he could be his dad. I'm thinking it'll be a reveal like his mother tells him that she found his father, saw his picture on TV after getting arrested. Just something for the viewers to wonder about, similar to how a lot of people were wondering about Woody's daughters involvement last season.

Good episode this week too.

Hadn't thought about that twist with Biker cop. I was thinking maybe his mother had worked the Super Secret Hooker scene when she was younger and that his father is one of the big shots, maybe even Capser the Friendly Corpse.

We learned during her drug induced stupor that hot Sheriff was molested by Charles Manson in a Scooby-Doo van as a little girl. I suspect that it is the same perf who raped Collin Farrell's wife.

Yeah this season is bad but I'm gonna finish it just to finish it. And so when somebody asks if it's worth picking up Season 2 of True Detective, I can tell them it's not.

Hadn't thought about that twist with Biker cop. I was thinking maybe his mother had worked the Super Secret Hooker scene when she was younger and that his father is one of the big shots, maybe even Capser the Friendly Corpse.

We learned during her drug induced stupor that hot Sheriff was molested by Charles Manson in a Scooby-Doo van as a little girl. I suspect that it is the same perf who raped Collin Farrell's wife.

Yeah this season is bad but I'm gonna finish it just to finish it. And so when somebody asks if it's worth picking up Season 2 of True Detective, I can tell them it's not.

I didn't connect McAdams drug vision with the guy at all. You could definitely be on to something there.

• 2 weeks later...

Finale wrap up:

Everyone dies except the 2 chicks. The kids whose parents were killed during the 92 riots for the blue diamonds killed the guy at the beginning. Vaughn was killed by the Hispanics who were selling drugs at his club because he burned the club down and, therefore, ruined their deal. Farrell was killed by the dirty cop who was involved in the diamond heist who was trying to cover his tracks. The mayor was killed by his son (most likely) and his son took over. Vaughn also wiped out the Russian who screwed him over before he was killed and he stole that $12M. Farrell's murder was the dumbest in IMO. Who the hell would go to their sons school to try and say goodbye when he knows everyone was looking for him? Obviously that's a main place they are going to stake out. So stupid. Finally, Farrell did end up being the kids father. Disappointing ending to the show. I didn't hate the show as much as others, but it certainly could have been much better.

Finale wrap up:

Everyone dies except the 2 chicks. The kids whose parents were killed during the 92 riots for the blue diamonds killed the guy at the beginning. Vaughn was killed by the Hispanics who were selling drugs at his club because he burned the club down and, therefore, ruined their deal. Farrell was killed by the dirty cop who was involved in the diamond heist who was trying to cover his tracks. The mayor was killed by his son (most likely) and his son took over. Vaughn also wiped out the Russian who screwed him over before he was killed and he stole that $12M. Farrell's murder was the dumbest in IMO. Who the hell would go to their sons school to try and say goodbye when he knows everyone was looking for him? Obviously that's a main place they are going to stake out. So stupid. Finally, Farrell did end up being the kids father. Disappointing ending to the show. I didn't hate the show as much as others, but it certainly could have been much better.

I so agree with this. I stuck with it and after last weeks episode (7 which was the best one IMO) I thought I was going to be rewarded. No chance. The finale had so many aspects that were not thought out and seemed thrown together without a hint of logic (Farrell going to his kids school when he's the most wanted man in Cali) The whole season seemed to have blurred vision in what they wanted to accomplish. The storyline had great potential but it came up short almost every time.

I so agree with this. I stuck with it and after last weeks episode (7 which was the best one IMO) I thought I was going to be rewarded. No chance. The finale had so many aspects that were not thought out and seemed thrown together without a hint of logic (Farrell going to his kids school when he's the most wanted man in Cali) The whole season seemed to have blurred vision in what they wanted to accomplish. The storyline had great potential but it came up short almost every time.

Yeah my thoughts pretty much

The show was gawd awful the first half season. Then a couple good episodes got me interested for the big reveal...that the show did stink after all