Bills hire Jim Schwartz DC, Todd Downing QB coach

FluffHead

As if an NFL coach (a QB coach nonetheless) can't identify and work on the same issues a bunch of message board fans have pointed out--for starters.

Secondly, on what planet would Staffords QB performance not fly in Buffalo? Although, I think our peanut gallery WOULD B word about his throwing slot en route to a 5000 yard 40 TD season!

I'm confident that you totally missed my point.

I was not speaking of Stafford's performance in the slightest way. The post I referenced talked about Stafford's mechanics (they are ugly) and Downing's inability to improve them. My point is that I do not believe Stafford had any interest in changing his mechanics.

I have no clue what your first sentence means or is referencing.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then great but doesn't really refute BBs evaluation beyond "maybe it won't matter anyway"

I'm confident that you totally missed my point.

I was not speaking of Stafford's performance in the slightest way. The post I referenced talked about Stafford's mechanics (they are ugly) and Downing's inability to improve them. My point is that I do not believe Stafford had any interest in changing his mechanics.

I have no clue what your first sentence means or is referencing.

I also didn't mean to outright refute him I guess. More of a "yes then."

Meant to address all the people who already know Downing was a ****ty hire.

Meant to address all the people who already know Downing was a ****ty hire.

My only point there is that we have no clue. We haven't seen him "fix" a QB, have we?

Wonder how Thaddeus was prior to joining the Lions and what he thinks of the hire. (JW...get on this will ya?)

My only point there is that we have no clue. We haven't seen him "fix" a QB, have we?

Wonder how Thaddeus was prior to joining the Lions and what he thinks of the hire. (JW...get on this will ya?)

We havent seen him "break" a QB either. The only thing that is true is that there is no real way to judge this hire other than "Glad they are bringing someone in to take those duties off of Hackett".

We havent seen him "break" a QB either. The only thing that is true is that there is no real way to judge this hire other than "Glad they are bringing someone in to take those duties off of Hackett".

+ 1 , and he had 4 years experience coaching an NFL QB. Better than Hackett who had none, and was splitting duties with the offense and trying to coach a raw rookie

:wallbash: does :wallbash: everything :wallbash: need :wallbash: to :wallbash: be :wallbash: spelled :wallbash: out :wallbash:

you are correct, we don't know what we don't know

May be this is a good start?

http://t.co/u5csBwmlFQ

Yeah, I did see that. I would like words from Thaddeus (to a small degree EJ too).

:wallbash:does :wallbash: everything :wallbash: need :wallbash: to :wallbash: be :wallbash: spelled :wallbash: out :wallbash:

you are correct, we don't know what we don't know

Haha, Im just jumping in late, sorry if that was the original point you started at. But you should know by now that any thread over 2 pages is just a big circular argument of the same points being made over and over :thumbsup:

Who is to say he didn't help Stafford improve, given the improvement between his 2010 and 2011 seasons? And EJ had a better rookie year than Stafford did, and didn't have Megatron to throw it to.

So...if I get this right...you'd prefer a move BACK to the 3-4? Even a Canadian recognizes the stupidity in that thought process.

We ran more 34 than most of you think. Mario and hughes were linebackers more often than not. Our 3 lineman were dareus, branch, and williams in what ever order the play call dictated. Yes mario and Hughes had their hands in the dirt a lot but look at the cowboys and Ware when they had phillips. We ran a 34 over/under/4-3 over/under... the last couple of games we ran a lot of straight up 3-4

We ran more 34 than most of you think. Mario and hughes were linebackers more often than not. Our 3 lineman were dareus, branch, and williams in what ever order the play call dictated. Yes mario and Hughes had their hands in the dirt a lot but look at the cowboys and Ware when they had phillips. We ran a 34 over/under/4-3 over/under... the last couple of games we ran a lot of straight up 3-4

This again? I can't think of a single down that Hughes was vertical presnap.