Do they even hear what they are saying?

Gary M

A millionaire talking about how to solve income inequality? :wallbash:

Seems to me she should just give her money away.

http://cnsnews.com/n...ntial-threat-us

According to her congressional financial disclosure statement for 2012, DeLauro is worth between $5 million and $25 million. (The form’s requirements allow members to state ranges of value for their assets rather than exact values.)

In November 2013, the website Celebrity Networth listed DeLauro’s fortune at $20 million in its “Richest Politicians” category.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/n...h.RowfIkt9.dpuf

Edited by Gary M

Its always the case. "Something needs to be done", they say, "we need to help the disadvantaged." But rather than getting off their collective asses and committing their time and their money to support any of the myriad organizations which directly help the disadvantaged, they are waiting for legislation. Something definitely needs to be done, though, just not by me, and not now. Not until everyone is mandated by law to pitch in. That is caring.

The article writer thinks rich people can't have opinions about income inequality?? :/

The "article writer" probably thinks wealthy persons concerned with income inequality can easily stop being a part of the "problem". What better way to tackle inequality than to start with what you can directly and immediately control? If you're concerned with the state of your neighborhood do you wait until the homeowner's association forces everyone to mow and landscape, or do you get your ass outside and mow your own lawn?

The "article writer" probably thinks wealthy persons concerned with income inequality can easily stop being a part of the "problem". What better way to tackle inequality than to start with what you can directly and immediately control? If you're concerned with the state of your neighborhood do you wait until the homeowner's association forces everyone to mow and landscape, or do you get your ass outside and mow your own lawn?

Because, obviously, one person, millionaire or not, can't solve the problem alone...

So they shouldn't even try. Not until its a law and everyone is forced to play, because that is the epitome of caring.

So they shouldn't even try. Not until its a law and everyone is forced to play, because that is the epitome of caring.

No, she shouldn't, that would be stupid. If she thinks a law will help the country, of course she should pursue it, that's what legislators are suppose to do.

True. I say anyone who believes in income equality should donate 10% of their salary to the unequal.

Good, run for Congress then on that idea

I have seen many of these gazillionaires say they are not leaving any of their fortune, or just real small amounts to their kids and family members. Guess their first hand knowledge of how the evils of being hugely rich can "hurt" people. Guess them sucking as parents of their own children helped them to be able to be parents of humanity.

Edited by Security

You want to fix income disparity? (I refuse to use inequality, income have never been equal or "fair")

- Roll back time to place before Globalization of Commerce. One of my patients started a company that helps Medical Offices billing claims- they're biggest cost saver is routing all claim related processes to India over the wire for coding, verification etc.- Globalization puts downward pressure on incomes in developed nations.

- Stop using Automation- get rid of ATM, gid Rid of Amazon, Get rid of all cell phones, computers, etc all over the world- if we rolled back progress 60 years, more people would be doing more job that machines.

- Cut the US population by half- all of the sudden there woudl be wage increase and corporate fights over a worker wiht a brain.

See, easy fixes. Its the new reality, folks, and no minimum wage increase or legislation will stop the forces of change. There will be a point were incomes no longer cover the essential basics, credit will be maxed out, and the system will fall apart... then and only then will we see emergence of a new normal.

Edited by B-Large

\

which 'evils' are those, specifically?

Um, their obviously unmotivated and privileged children. Why would they not want their family members to have, but give their fortunes to the less fortunate? How much sense do these people make?

You want to fix income disparity? (I refuse to use inequality, income have never been equal or "fair")

- Roll back time to place before Globalization of Commerce. One of my patients started a company that helps Medical Offices billing claims- they're biggest cost saver is routing all claim related processes to India over the wire for coding, verification etc.- Globalization puts downward pressure on incomes in developed nations.

- Stop using Automation- get rid of ATM, gid Rid of Amazon, Get rid of all cell phones, computers, etc all over the world- if we rolled back progress 60 years, more people would be doing more job that machines.

- Cut the US population by half- all of the sudden there woudl be wage increase and corporate fights over a worker wiht a brain.

See, easy fixes. Its the new reality, folks, and no minimum wage increase or legislation will stop the forces of change. There will be a point were incomes no longer cover the essential basics, credit will be maxed out, and the system will fall apart... then and only then will we see emergence of a new normal.

The problem with what your patient is going is he's outsourcing jobs, which doesn't help. And getting rid of tech prevents outsourcing. As for cutting the population in half, that will take generations. But I've said that there are too many people in the US and world in general. Perhaps institute a one-child policy? Or at least, a one-child tax credit/break policy?

Um, their obviously unmotivated and privileged children. Why would they not want their family members to have, but give their fortunes to the less fortunate? How much sense do these people make?

even if I was to agree with this line of thinking, how does it hurt anyone if some rich, spoiled brat sits on his butt all day enjoying what was handed to him? if sitting around doing littl emore than squandering money is evil, then there are a number of evil people on the welfare rolls.

what someone does with their money, as long as they came by it legally, is no concern of anyone else's. don't forget that wealthy people, despite the write-offs, still pay quite a bit in taxes. they are not obligated to do any more than that.

even if I was to agree with this line of thinking, how does it hurt anyone if some rich, spoiled brat sits on his butt all day enjoying what was handed to him? if sitting around doing littl emore than squandering money is evil, then there are a number of evil people on the welfare rolls.

what someone does with their money, as long as they came by it legally, is no concern of anyone else's. don't forget that wealthy people, despite the write-offs, still pay quite a bit in taxes. they are not obligated to do any more than that.

OK, I agree with you. Let the rich people do it. Tell Obama and the government to stay out of my pocket.