Some Wendy Davis fun here in Dallas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8a65a1a4a7df91a4ab7145d1add83cf4_normal.jpegPat Sajak @patsajak

Hired Wendy Davis PR firm to redo my bio. Turns out I was orphaned. Then reform school, migrant worker. Very inspiring.

156 Retweets 129 favorites Collapse

So, apparently the Wendy Davis campaign's reponse line will be that her rival Greg Abbott, the paraplegic, has lived a life of privilege and ease?

Good luck with that....................

8a65a1a4a7df91a4ab7145d1add83cf4_normal.jpegPat Sajak @patsajak

Hired Wendy Davis PR firm to redo my bio. Turns out I was orphaned. Then reform school, migrant worker. Very inspiring.

156 Retweets129 favoritesCollapse

So, apparently the Wendy Davis campaign's reponse line will be that her rival Greg Abbott, the paraplegic, has lived a life of privilege and ease?

Good luck with that....................

Maybe he has a horse.

More confirmation that the left has accepted lying, and lies, as OK.

Again, not lying in terms of normal political discourse.

No. Lying in terms of: "I'm going to lie, and not care if I get caught. I'm not even going to try".

Is that because as a liberal, lying is to be expected?

Now that doesn't sound like it would go over very well anywhere, let alone Texas.

she'll have her inevitable core of rabid followers (the 'yellow dog democrat' crowd), but you're correct....these revelations are a potentially mortal blow to her campaign.

ASHE SCHOW: Wendy Davis feminism vs. real feminism.

Davis was recently accused of “blurring” the facts surrounding her life, and while she did struggle as a child — working at 14 to help support her mother — what she has since come to stand for undermines what women around the world are fighting for.

Davis is of course a very bright woman. She received an academic scholarship to attend Texas Christian University and was accepted to Harvard Law School. That’s no small feat, and she certainly should get feminist credibility for that.

But what came to light in the Dallas Morning News on Sunday was that after Davis’ husband finished paying for her Harvard education, she left him, and he was granted parental custody of their 14-year-old daughter.

“She said, ‘
I think you’re right; you’ll make a good, nurturing father. While I’ve been a good mother, it’s not a good time for me right now,
’” Davis’ ex-husband, Jeff Davis, said.

Not a good time to be a mother? This wasn’t even during a pregnancy. Jeff Davis wasn’t talking about their conversation over a potential abortion. This was a conversation about child custody.

A former colleague of Davis’ told the Dallas Morning News that the gubernatorial candidate’s ambition played a role in the custody ruling.

“Wendy is tremendously ambitious,” he said. “She’s not going to let family or raising children or anything else get in her way.”

Is that feminism? The ability to shirk one’s responsibilities in order to get ahead in life
?

c07aa8703c0ef32dd6bcad6a0450fe1f_normal.jpegjon gabriel @exjon Follow

Wendy Davis needs a man like a fish needs a rich bicycle that will pay its way through fish law school and take full custody of its spawn.

7:08 PM - 20 Jan 2014

401 Retweets 204 favorites

she'll have her inevitable core of rabid followers (the 'yellow dog democrat' crowd), but you're correct....these revelations are a potentially mortal blow to her campaign.

The strongest blow will be the reaction of mothers to her willingly giving up custody of her kids, one being a two-year old. The strangest thing about this thread is that no one has asked the woudga question yet.

Is that because as a liberal, lying is to be expected?

No I don't think so. Honestly. (if there is such a thing for OCinBuffalo on PPP)

For real, I think there's a difference between: "we're going to spin this thing our way, because that's what competent political people have been doing since Cicero".

And: "F it, I'm just going go out and tell them whatever, it's not like it matters anyway. Why put any real effort into it = "I got this" :rolleyes:. And, when they call me on this set of lies? I'm going to go out and tell even bigger lies, and character assassinate everyone who dares question my lies."

It's a choice. The first is about competence, the second is reckless abandon driven by extreme arrogance.

It's almost like they hold everyone in contempt, which is just sad.

I don't think all liberals are prepared, or even comfortable with the second choice....but clearly: many of them are.

EDIT: I think this is bad behavior, that's cost the left their credibility. But, I think it's also correctable behavior. They don't have to choose the 2nd way, they could choose the 1st, and at least keeping the appearances of integrity.

Edited by OCinBuffalo