Possible partners if the Bills want to trade down

simpleman

We already had a good thread where someone proposed trading with the Browns. Now it appears they may want to trade up from their own 1st pick using the Indy 1st to get their QB.

To all those knowledgeable individuals out there, what other potential trade partners do you see that might be willing and able to trade with the Bills to get their #9? Why would they trade, and what picks would they offer?

Nice idea for a thread!! How about Pittsburgh who is picking 15? Their needs would seem to be CB or OT. 9 would probably give them their shot at any CB (Gilbert or Dennard). I think Detroit will take 1 at 10 otherwise. In addition, they may really like either Matthews or Robinson one of whom may be around at 9 but not likely at 15.

I don't have the draft value chart handy but I would think that you could get their 1st & 2nd for your 1st & 5th (or something like that).

Edit: I just checked the chart and it will probably cost you a 1st & a 4th for Pittsburgh's 1st & 2nd.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Cleveland might make the most sense. Maybe they want to make a hugh move on draft day qb with their pick then move up from 24 and take Watkins to pair with Gordon . We would get back 24 , clevelands second and they have 2 thirds

24 - amaro

2- tiny richardson

2 Hyde

3 Colvin

3 Skov

3 Steen

4 Brandon Coleman

Used the cbs Propect rater to see who would be availabe

Depending on how Clinton-Dix does in offseason workouts, I could see the Eagles wanting to move up to get him. He is the only safety currently deemed worthy of a 1st round grade. Although he is considered a mid-1st round pick by most, he could shoot up draft boards due to demand alone. Kinda like how Mark Barron did a couple years ago.

Depending on how Clinton-Dix does in offseason workouts, I could see the Eagles wanting to move up to get him. He is the only safety currently deemed worthy of a 1st round grade. Although he is considered a mid-1st round pick by most, he could shoot up draft boards due to demand alone. Kinda like how Mark Barron did a couple years ago.

I'd hate to see them move that far back. I don't want to see them go beyond 15/16, or at the very least, they should stay in front of the Jets and Miami..

Im not sure who would be interested in trading up. What I can tell u is that the Bills at #9 will be in a great spot to make a trade. At #9 someone is gonna fall in high demand whether its Blake Bortoles, Mack, Robinson, or Watkins teams will be interested in trading up for one of those players because after there gone there's gonna be a big drop off in talent regarding those positions. So in the words of ole Buddy its takes 2 to tango. The Bills should have there dancing shoes on.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I'd hate to see them move that far back. I don't want to see them go beyond 15/16, or at the very least, they should stay in front of the Jets and Miami..

I agree, however, if the compensation was ridiculous...would you be in favor of moving back to 22? I'm thinking this years 1st, 2nd and a late round pick plus next year's 1st. Something like that.

Personally, I am open to lots of different trade down scenarios if Mack & Watkins are gone. I would drop way back if the compensation was right. The next tier has a lot of guys that are comparable in positions of need (Amaro/ASJ, Matthews/Benjamin, Richardson/Richardson/Jackson) and those guys could be around in the mid 20s.

I agree, however, if the compensation was ridiculous...would you be in favor of moving back to 22? I'm thinking this years 1st, 2nd and a late round pick plus next year's 1st. Something like that.

Sure why not. Id trade back twice if possible.

Each time u trade back we get a 2nd rd pick.

Imagine drafting 22 and then having 3 second round picks?

Sure, you move back for the right price, but I don't see a scenario at the moment where there will be a player available at 9 that some team will want to over pay for. Weird things happen in the draft, so you never know...

I'm not as knowledgeable as some as to WHO to trade with, but, trading down is the best option for us. If we can have a late 1st with an extra 2nd and possibly an extra 3rd or 4th round pick, the better it will be for us. Marrone still has a good feel for college players and based on last years draft , the more picks we have, the better for us.

You can sign me up as a "I'm for that kind of draft".

Imo, there are 8 guys that people would be inclined to trade up for. Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles, Clowney, Watkins, Matthews, Barr and Mack. Robinson and Mosley are the next 2 on my list, but I just can't see someone giving up a 2nd to get either one. Best case for a trade down is if one of those top 8 drop to us. I'd be happy with any of them (yep, even bortles) and I'd also be happy trading down. I really hope we draft 2 OL within our first 3-4 picks.

I think the key to the trade down scenario is someone thinking that there is a large drop off between player's A&B. New Era gives a good list of guys that at this point could be a target for 1 team:

-Maybe for example someone likes only the top 2 tackles (Robinson or Matthews) & 1 is left at 9?

-Another possibility is that someone falls in love with someone like Dennard who may be the Lions target at 10. If they want him they may need to get in front of them.

-Someone brought up Clinton-Dix as a wild card which may make sense as there seems to be a pretty large gap between he and the other safeties.

-Lastly, if 1 of the top 3 QBs falls to the Bills (which is unlikely IMO).

Those scenarios make Pittsburgh, Philly, Cleveland (if they don't go QB at 4), & St. Louis possibilities IMO.

Going by the chart the Bills could trade back to 17 with either the Ravens or Cowboys (depending on coin flip) for their 1st and 2nd. From there though trading down to 22 would (according to the chart) net us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th! The Eagles would be stupid to make that trade imo but it would net the Bills picks 22, 41, 47, 54, 73, and 86. 6 picks in the first 3 rounds would be outstanding! All a pipe dream but wow that would definitely help transform the team. Those 6 picks could net a lb, te, rt, lg, wr, and cb (or whatever they wanted).

Going by the chart the Bills could trade back to 17 with either the Ravens or Cowboys (depending on coin flip) for their 1st and 2nd. From there though trading down to 22 would (according to the chart) net us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th! The Eagles would be stupid to make that trade imo but it would net the Bills picks 22, 41, 47, 54, 73, and 86. 6 picks in the first 3 rounds would be outstanding! All a pipe dream but wow that would definitely help transform the team. Those 6 picks could net a lb, te, rt, lg, wr, and cb (or whatever they wanted).

No doubt you are right,it would be insane for the Eagles to do so, but we could dream. As you say,the Bills could truly transform into a playoff team in a single year with those six picks. It would be a no brainer, even for the Bill's management. Even a single trade with the Eagles picks 1,2,3,5 could give us 5 good picks in the first 3, which could transform the Bills.

Edited by simpleman

No doubt you are right,it would be insane for the Eagles to do so, but we could dream. As you say,the Bills could truly transform into a playoff team in a single year with those six picks. It would be a no brainer, even for the Bill's management. Even a single trade with the Eagles picks 1,2,3,5 could give us 5 good picks in the first 3, which could transform the Bills.

If it was a trade down with the Eagles I would be okay with a 1st, 2nd, and their 1st next year which seems more plausible to me.

I know the scenarios with the Eagles are likely pipe dreams but as Whaley said the Bills are in a position to go bpa at all of their picks. That to me screams perfect trade down scenario. There isn't a position or player that they need to reach for so dropping a few spots and acquiring extra picks is the way to go. A similar trade as last year when they moved from 8 to 16 and netted an extra 2nd rounder would work for me.

I see the Steelers and Eagles wanting him. The Steelers are getting old and slow at safety. Bidding war!

The 49ers are just one or two players away from a Superbowl next year. Anquan Boldin and Mario Manningham are FA and Crabtree is in his last year. So a top WR could be a priority for SF. A number 9 could conceivably give them their pick at WR. They have a large number of picks.

They could give Buffalo their 30th (1st); 55th, 62nd (2nd); and 94th (3rd) in exchange for Buffalo’s #9 & Buffalo’s 7th rounder. They would get a top 10 pick and still have a low mid 3rd round pick.

With the 30, 41, 55, 62, 73, 94th picks in the top 100 Buffalo could get:

Possibly AJS or another TE or one of the Richardsons for the Oline in the first

Slov lb in 2nd

Antony Steen or Zack Martin og with the high 2nd and a pick for BPA in a need area

Or Gabe Jackson or Tre Jackson for Oline in the 3rd and BPA in a need area.

Mettenberger, Boyd or McCarron QB in the 4th

Edited by simpleman