Cuomo decides who should live in NY.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/203801/cuomo-extreme-conservatives-have-no-place-in-the-state-of-new-york/ Remarkable. Yet we all know he can be livetime gov if he chooses. What is with NY voters?

"conservative Republicans have no place in the state of New York, because that is not who New Yorkers are"

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support a law that would legalize abortions from the 60th to the 180th trimester of a pregnancy. He's not 60 yet, is he?

Never happen. He is of the royal Cuomo blood line. Only real foe would be old money like a Rockefeller or [amen!] a Roosevelt. NY voters never fail to amaze me how they go to old names like a moth to light. Well I am being harsh here. They did embrace Hillary after all. And we all know she only ran for senator because of her deep love of NY.

Never happen. He is of the royal Cuomo blood line. Only real foe would be old money like a Rockefeller or [amen!] a Roosevelt. NY voters never fail to amaze me how they go to old names like a moth to light. Well I am being harsh here. They did embrace Hillary after all. And we all know she only ran for senator because of her deep love of NY.

Don't blame me, I voted for Carl, even though I knew he wasn't going to win.

Locally, last year, our mayor was up for re-election (as a democrat). The local newspaper kept reporting how she was running un-opposed. Wrong. There were two opponents, they were not republicans though. One Green party, one Conservative party. And the guy that was running on the conservative line, was supposed to be on the republican line, but his own party said some of the signatures on his petition were not legal. I think he missed the cut-off by less than 5 signatures because of that.

Andrew Cuomo’s Religious-Freedom Problem

by Kathryn Jean Lopez

On Friday, a politician who professes to be Catholic said that Catholic teaching about the dignity of human life is extremist.

The inviolability of innocent human life is not something you have to be religious to respect — it’s a human-rights issue. But it’s a human-rights issue that many of us are called by faith not to look away from.

Despite the slippery slope his father helped us slide down, Andrew Cuomo has got to know that Catholics in his state work to make the place hospitable to life. Many spent the better part of last year begging him to simply divorce abortion expansion from the rest of his “women’s” agenda. Many of them provide help and homes to women in crisis and would simply like the government of the state to refrain from doubling down on death and making it harder for mothers to see they have the support to choose life for their children.

When he wrote pro-lifers out of state politics in an ill-advised radio interview Friday, he insulted these good people and the lives they work to save. Like the federal government’s assault on the conscience rights of the Little Sisters of the Poor, this is a bizarre attack on the likes of the Sisters of Life, who make choosing life seem plausible, when it might not otherwise, to a scared mom who feels alone.

But there is also something else he said.

In 2010, when he was running for governor, Cuomo accused his opponent, Republican Rick Lazio, of religious intolerance because the latter voiced concerns about the Ground Zero mosque plans. Cuomo

at the time:

What are we about, if not religious freedom? What is the country about if not religious freedom? What is this state about if not religious freedom? Well, religious freedom except I don’t like this religion. But then, there might be another government, and they won’t like Catholicism, or they won’t like Judaism, or they won’t like Christianity, then what?

Debra Burlingame, who e-mailed me the video, commented: Apparently Andrew Cuomo is that government?

Keep reading this post . . .

Cuomo is a perfect example of a liberal who thinks he's smarter than he actually is, and therefore, does/says things that he thinks are going to be politically effective, largely because: it's his idea.

His objectve? He wants to paint himself as a "far left" Democrat. Why? Because he's been governing as a Republican, or better: he's been governing like a Clinton. :lol: You know the drill.

Unfortunately for Cuomo, he can't seem to run the Clinton gameplan we all know so well, and this entire thing is much worse than Cuomo suspected, and has now gotten away from him. Now, he is walking it back, which is the opposite of what you want. The hilarious part: apparently, he thinks he's the only one who is aware of the Clinton gameplan. :lol:

Like I said: he thinks he's smarter than he is.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Everyone knows by now that the governor (and possible presidential contender) can be a hothead. Some have called him a bully. Even if you think that's too strong, it's undeniable that a trace of bellicosity has been important to what the professionals like to call his "brand."

Still, he shouldn't have said what he did in that radio interview. However strongly he may feel about those who disagree, and certainly he has his reasons for feeling aggrieved, he shouldn't have said that his opponents "have no place" in his state. It's understandable, considering the intemperance and intolerance he demonstrated, why the press is going wild with this story.

What? Did you miss it? That's because it wasn't possible presidential candidate and Republican Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey who said those things about his opposite numbers, it was possible presidential candidate and Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York.

Speaking on WCNY radio, Cuomo told listeners that Republicans are in the midst of a civil war:

"Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are, and if they are the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that's not who New Yorkers are."

http://townhall.com/columnists/monacharen/2014/01/21/slander-depends-who-says-it-n1781910?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

http://blog.timesuni...te-of-new-york/ Remarkable. Yet we all know he can be livetime gov if he chooses. What is with NY voters?

"conservative Republicans have no place in the state of New York, because that is not who New Yorkers are"

Sounds like he's not ventured to the more rural parts of NY. If I were living in NY and read that I'd be PISSED!!

Saw this on a gun forum I belong to. Guy pulled his company out of NY solely because of Cuomo and his total distain for 2nd amendment rights. "Think any company will move INTO NY because of the SAFE act? I wonder if the Governer notices that I moved my corporation, it's employees, and it's assets from NY? We used to be based at the same airport where his state police helicopter is based, operating 5 jets, but now.... we're gone..... forever..... along with all of our tax revenue and impact on the local economy.... that just faded away.........

The truth is that he doesn't know about my company, or the others run by entrapreneurs like me who just very quietly go away. He might notice the lessening of taxes collected as businesses like mine just fold up and leave, but it's like a pool being slowly drained slowly. It's hard to see at first but as the shallow end becomes more and more exposed, the rate seems to increase faster and faster. Eventually the pool is empty.

He really ought to read Atlas Shrugged. I did. And I took my money, resources, and those of my employees (all who left with with me) with me when I left.

You know who notices? The lunch counter where we used to eat. The FBO where we used to buy jet fuel. The catering place that serviced us with food for the jets. AIRGAS no longer sells us nitrogen and oxygen. The Snap-On truck sells us no more tools. We don't buy our company truck at the local dealer, or have it serviced by a local mechanic. We don't pay rent, and my emplyees don't buy any of their services there any more either. No more haircuts, plumbers, or insurance. No dentists or music teachers get paid. Several less kids attend the school system. This is the trickle-down economy that *I* pulled the plug on. Not a comittee, or a stockholders meeting, or a corporate board. The governer upset one key player in the company that I founded, and that is me. The buck stopped here, and it was for the reason of eroding freedoms for myself and my emplyees that I left.

There are others just like me.....

Know what? The FBO that we used to buy a $million in jet fuel from just went bankrupt. They laid off ten people, and closed their doors. Wonder why? How's the economy there, Governer? I can't wait for it to fail, and when it does I'll be reading about it from a thousand miles away.

I did my part, and another state is happy that I've come to town.

Willie

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I hate ny politics. Every day more and more I want to leave

Dems Will Head to the St. Regis for Issues Conference

In less than two months, Democrats will head to the St. Regis, a hotel that might be even swankier than it sounds, for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s New York Issues Conference. Though a request for more information on which specific issues would be discussed wasn’t returned, one can hope they’ll talk up income inequality, as there can’t be a better spot to discuss how mahvellous the last few years have been for the ultra-wealthy.

A few fun facts about the St. Regis:

bullet_blue.gifThe hotel, per its website, is ushering in “A New Era of Glamour” (hashtag DeBlasio’s New York)

bullet_blue.gifIt debuted “the new King Cole Bar & Salon under renowned New York chef and restaurateur, John DeLucie.” So perhaps consider seeking lodging elsewhere if your preferred chef is Mr. Boyardee.

bullet_blue.gif“Chic, textured fabric walls,” nuff said!!

All this can be the DCCC issue-discussers’ for a mere $525 per night (that’s for the Deluxe Room). Penny pinchers can opt for a Superior Room at a bargain nightly rate of $475 (those sumptuous deals are per the DCCC’s save-the-date).

But if you want something a little fancy-pantsier, you could also stay in the Tiffany Suite, which has “a serene and sophisticated palette of whites, beiges, charcoal, and silver, with signature Tiffany blue serving as an accent throughout” as well as “whimsical and opulent details,” the best kind of details.

Anyway, seems like the perfect place for the D-trip. Representative Steve Israel (D., N.Y.), the DCCC’s chairman, has said the 2014 election cycle will focus on “who’s got your back.”

“Standing up for the middle class is part of the Democratic DNA. We’ve always been the party of the middle class,” he continued, per the Washington Post. “We’ve always been the party of working families.”

One presumes said working families are delighted by chic, textured fabric walls.

Saw this on a gun forum I belong to. Guy pulled his company out of NY solely because of Cuomo and his total distain for 2nd amendment rights. "Think any company will move INTO NY because of the SAFE act? I wonder if the Governer notices that I moved my corporation, it's employees, and it's assets from NY? We used to be based at the same airport where his state police helicopter is based, operating 5 jets, but now.... we're gone..... forever..... along with all of our tax revenue and impact on the local economy.... that just faded away.........

The truth is that he doesn't know about my company, or the others run by entrapreneurs like me who just very quietly go away. He might notice the lessening of taxes collected as businesses like mine just fold up and leave, but it's like a pool being slowly drained slowly. It's hard to see at first but as the shallow end becomes more and more exposed, the rate seems to increase faster and faster. Eventually the pool is empty.

He really ought to read Atlas Shrugged. I did. And I took my money, resources, and those of my employees (all who left with with me) with me when I left.

You know who notices? The lunch counter where we used to eat. The FBO where we used to buy jet fuel. The catering place that serviced us with food for the jets. AIRGAS no longer sells us nitrogen and oxygen. The Snap-On truck sells us no more tools. We don't buy our company truck at the local dealer, or have it serviced by a local mechanic. We don't pay rent, and my emplyees don't buy any of their services there any more either. No more haircuts, plumbers, or insurance. No dentists or music teachers get paid. Several less kids attend the school system. This is the trickle-down economy that *I* pulled the plug on. Not a comittee, or a stockholders meeting, or a corporate board. The governer upset one key player in the company that I founded, and that is me. The buck stopped here, and it was for the reason of eroding freedoms for myself and my emplyees that I left.

There are others just like me.....

Know what? The FBO that we used to buy a $million in jet fuel from just went bankrupt. They laid off ten people, and closed their doors. Wonder why? How's the economy there, Governer? I can't wait for it to fail, and when it does I'll be reading about it from a thousand miles away.

I did my part, and another state is happy that I've come to town.

Willie

Any idea where he relocated his company