Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

but why is a "BOOM!" needed today? his team won and hes going to the super bowl and hes busy having to defend his nonsense instead of enjoying the moment or focusing at the task at hand. even if it is a "BOOM!" i think its silly to be lobbing grenades today.

Nobody is saying "BOOM!" is needed. "BOOM!" is just awesome.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really was about 10 mintues later...he had a lot more time to compose himself than Crabtree did...yet Sherman is patting him on the ass, and trying to make him shake his hand, seconds after the ball was intercepted.

hours later he submitted a written piece taking shots at crabtree. sherman points the fingers on how everyone else has missed it on this one, but has yet to put himself on the high road - even with plenty of time to reflect.

heck, hes had SEVERAL incidents to learn from if that was his true goal, but its not. i think its clear he wants to create a brand and be a household name. its not about emotion, or being between the lines. he knows hes out in a media blackhole unless he draws attention to himself. well, there was the camera and here we are talking about him. and its not just us on our football message board - its america. everyone knows his name, and that hes the self proclaimed best corner in football.

What does one thing have to do with the other? I never saw Manziel give an interview like that.

He hasn't.... but some are bent on making this a race issue, rather than a sportsmanship issue. So, in that context, using the necessary false equivalanc thing, it makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

He hasn't.... but some are bent on making this a race issue, rather than a sportsmanship issue. So, in that context, using the necessary false equivalanc thing, it makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

This issue is a "fun v. no-fun" issue and nothing more. Sherman is awesome.

hours later he submitted a written piece taking shots at crabtree. sherman points the fingers on how everyone else has missed it on this one, but has yet to put himself on the high road - even with plenty of time to reflect.

heck, hes had SEVERAL incidents to learn from if that was his true goal, but its not. i think its clear he wants to create a brand and be a household name. its not about emotion, or being between the lines. he knows hes out in a media blackhole unless he draws attention to himself. well, there was the camera and here we are talking about him. and its not just us on our football message board - its america. everyone knows his name, and that hes the self proclaimed best corner in football.

Sorry, rambled in a longer post (nobody reads my posts! :lol: ) the headphone commercial he does, which aired during the game, makes it pretty clear that being "misunderstood" or "mischaracterized" was his trademark, even before this happned after the game.

This issue is a "fun v. no-fun" issue and nothing more. Sherman is awesome.

Perhaps...but some believe that you can maintain some decorum, be awesome, dominate, and not act like a petulant idiot...it is just a preference some have.

Edited by Buftex

Sorry, rambled in a longer post (nobody reads my posts! :lol: ) the headphone commercial he does, which aired during the game, makes it pretty clear that being "misunderstood" or "mischaracterized" was his trademark, even before this happned after the game.

hes an honors communication major from stanford! as much as i have at times questioned his stanford honors grad standing, i do not think hes a moron as much as hes a decently smart guy that knows acting like a moron will get him attention.

gotta keep selling the brand, and he does it well. as we have seen on this thread, plenty think its totally awesome man.

hes an honors communication major from stanford! as much as i have at times questioned his stanford honors grad standing, i do not think hes a moron as much as hes a decently smart guy that knows acting like a moron will get him attention.

gotta keep selling the brand, and he does it well. as we have seen on this thread, plenty think its totally awesome man.

Not sure what would lead you to question his academic credentials since he was also an honors student in HS with a 3.9 GPA.

Perhaps...but some believe that you can maintain some decorum, be awesome, dominate, and not act like a petulant idiot...it is just a preference some have.

While you may prefer that, I think that if everyone maintained decorum sports would become a little more boring.

Look at history, Muhammad Ali is the grand master of the trash talking athlete. As long as you can back it up, then I think it's fine to talk if that's who you truly are and you're not faking it. It's now long been a part of American sports. Sherman is going to get his humble pie eventually and that is part of the fun fabric of the tale of the trash talker.

Imagine if Deion Sanders wasn't a trash talker, wouldn't the games he was in during his career be more boring because of that? I think so. While I'm an "old school" guy, I can somewhat appreciate and accept the passion and antics of the trash talkers as long as they back it up and they don't go "over the line" with what they say.

Sherman made a fool out of himself once he called Crabtree mediocre and sorry... it diluted the greatness of his play. If he is as great as he thinks he is (and I do think he is great), it makes no sense to say that the guy he beat actually sucks. Outside of that and the obnoxious choking gesture, he is what he is. I wasn't surprised.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not sure what would lead you to question his academic credentials since he was also an honors student in HS with a 3.9 GPA.

ive seen him speak, and read that email he sent out to his dorm. and generally he doesnt strike me as a stanford honors student. maybe thats just me, and hes a misunderstood genius. im not saying hes an idiot, but i suspect that being a good football player helped him out there atleast a little bit.

im well aware his high school grades. im also aware that he took home a 24 on the wonderlic which doesnt scream 3.9 GPA in highschool and stanford honors program. it says slightly above average for the general population.

@NBCSports

.@dpshow had @ErinAndrews on to discuss her Richard Sherman interview. Watch: Andrews on Sherman interview: ‘He lost his mind, it was awesome’

pic.twitter.com/BgKmBX9CB3

@Deadspin

Richard Sherman and the plight of the conquering negro: http://deadsp.in/WR6DkBF

I have always said that those who play the race card when there is no card to play are the racists themselves. This is one example. 22 minutes ago

While you may prefer that, I think that if everyone maintained decorum sports would become a little more boring.

Look at history, Muhammad Ali is the grand master of the trash talking athlete. As long as you can back it up, then I think it's fine to talk if that's who you truly are and you're not faking it. It's now long been a part of American sports. Sherman is going to get his humble pie eventually and that is part of the fun fabric of the tale of the trash talker.

The all time stupidest yeah that must be true because a famous person said it is Ali's "It ain't bragging if it's true."

Really? if it isn't true, it's lying.............If it's true, it's bragging............WTF do you think bragging is?

Boring coach-speak is what that will get ya. What Sherman said reflects his mind on the field in that moment. Fans want to hear that sort of thing.