Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was he beaten? Because it's a fade and Crabtree had a step. CK threw the ball too flat and didn't lead Crabtree. That should have been incomplete or a TD. CK threw a bad ball...like his earlier interception...too flat.

Sherman let him get outside in the back corner of the end zone. He stayed between the ball and crabtree like he needed to but you can't let that gap open up. Its a nearly indefensible play and if not for his large playing size he would not have defended it.

That was crabtrees ball all day long had the pass been high like it should have been. It was to fall at his hip not above his head. Poor placement by the ball.

The coverage was off because Sherman should have had tighter control on the WR. They had been playing physical all day. Contact would have been made and likely not called. He chose that one play to let there be space and turned early once he lost his man then got lucky it was a bad ball.

Of course Sherman let Crabtree get outside, thats what you are supposed to do. What gap are you two talking about? Tighter coverage? He was in his hip pocket the entire time! There was only seperation when Sherman went up to make a play on the ball.!!!

The ball wasn't thrown at his hip - both players jumped up in the air to get at it!

Sometimes a feel like you guys don't even watch the games! The ball was thrown at his hip?? Crabtree was likely 9-10 feet in the air after jumping and still wasn't up high enough to catch the ball before it was swatted, yet its at 'hip level'??? That makes no sense.

Crabtree didn't slow down, it wasn't underthrown. It could have been more to the sideline but then it would have been out of bounds and incomplete. There was literally no way that pass gets completed due to the absolute blanket, perfect coverage by a huge CB who knows how to make a play on the ball. And I don't fault Kaep at all for throwing it up at the end of the game like that.

Edited by peterpan

If you have to tell everyone how good you are, do you really believe it?

i do have a suspicion that he is well aware he has a pay day coming and knows that by putting on the show for the media his national exposure, in the often disregarded seattle outpost, will help win him lots of money. he doesnt want to be paid like a very good corner, he will want to be paid like a brand name and hooting and hollering helps create that household name status.

You do not need to be a "Stodgy Old White Guy" to recognize a classless punk when you see one.

I would weclome that "Clasless punk" on this team anyday. They need a guy like Sherman.

Sherman is a jerk--plain and simple.

Guy refuses interviews after any game in which he gives up a TD, and never stops talking.

Be gracious; take a cue from your QB, Richard.

If you have to tell everyone how good you are, do you really believe it?

Have you seen him play? There is talking and not doing anything, but he continuously backs it up, dude is good and he knows it.

i do have a suspicion that he is well aware he has a pay day coming and knows that by putting on the show for the media his national exposure, in the often disregarded seattle outpost, will help win him lots of money. he doesnt want to be paid like a very good corner, he will want to be paid like a brand name and hooting and hollering helps create that household name status.

Hopefully the Bills get involved with that. They could use him.

I would weclome that "Clasless punk" on this team anyday. They need a guy like Sherman.

Have you seen him play? There is talking and not doing anything, but he continuously backs it up, dude is good and he knows it.

Hopefully the Bills get involved with that. They could use him.

When Sherman said he is the best CB in the game he is probably correct. I would put him up there in a 1 and 1a category with a few other players.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

That rant just solidified my opinion of the Seahawks. They're an excellent team with an outstanding defense and great young QB, but they talk WAY too much. Yes, they can back it up, but it makes me wonder about how much control Pete Carroll has over this team where they shoot their mouth off like that. At least Russell Wilson has some class.

Huh? They are in the super bowl. The seahawks franchise is among the best in the NFL the last few yrs. I would say Carroll has plenty control over his team. Anyone on that team would run through a wall for their coach.

How much control did policeman Marrone have over his team?

The seatlle fans LOOOOOOVE this guy. Who the flipping hell CARES what we think or what the rest of the league thinks.

Best CB in NFL. Loved by his fans. In the super bowl.

Get over it.

While watching the game with some friends, the conversation turned to the decline of interest among us with the "product" that is the NFL. A league of classless, ignorant, street punks who can't act mature. You have coaches like Harbaugh that act like complete degenerates and the camera can't get enough. Then this punk gives the most ignorant post game interview I've ever seen and the fact that people think that's ok cements the argument. The league has now a large cohort of fans who act this way and think this is ok. Look back at the hall of famers from other eras.... Would Ronnie Lott act like that? Would Kelly, Smith, or Thomas? The nfl is a reflection of the worst of our culture and society and it's turning many people away. Go to a Bills game. It's evident. I didn't have seasons last year because it's out of control and no longer fun... Sherman's act is repeated every game in every section in upper deck and end zones. Life imitating morons.

And one of the people watching last night with us was a lifelong Hawks fan who thought Sherman was neither funny nor profession and downright embarrassing.

old-man-cloud.jpg

There's no denying that Sherman acted like a classless thug after the game. What's even worse, IMO, is what he did on the field, immediately after the play, by taunting the Niners and acting like a total jerk.

Hopefully, the NFL will fine him. As said in an earlier post, this type of thug-like activity is NOT good for the game.

I'm not sure why, but I find it fascinating that there are completely diametric opinions about both the play (Sherman being beat vs. being in perfect position, perfect throw vs. poor throw) and Sherman's comments (totally warranted vs. totally punk-ass).

I guess I imagined there would be more consensus on those things.

There's no denying that Sherman acted like a classless thug after the game. What's even worse, IMO, is what he did on the field, immediately after the play, by taunting the Niners and acting like a total jerk.

Hopefully, the NFL will fine him. As said in an earlier post, this type of thug-like activity is NOT good for the game.

Disagree, that is all anyone is talking about. Like the old saying goes "Any press is good press"

I've always been of the opinion that guys who brag, boast or showboat get their just desserts in the end (Leon Lett, Bryan Cox, even SJ13 to a certain extent when he celebrates against the Jets and then drops easy passes and looks like a fool). Richard Sherman will get beat bad in the Superbowl for two reasons: 1) he thinks he is bigger and more important than the game itself and the team for which he plays; and 2) Karma is a beotch so I look forward to Peyton throwing on Sherman a few times and embarrassing him. Respectfully submitted, Stodgy Old White Guy (*Now back to my Ensure and watching The Price is Right in the activity room*)

Edited by BringBackFergy

Of course Sherman let Crabtree get outside, thats what you are supposed to do. What gap are you two talking about? Tighter coverage? He was in his hip pocket the entire time! There was only seperation when Sherman went up to make a play on the ball.!!!

The ball wasn't thrown at his hip - both players jumped up in the air to get at it!

Sometimes a feel like you guys don't even watch the games! The ball was thrown at his hip?? Crabtree was likely 9-10 feet in the air after jumping and still wasn't up high enough to catch the ball before it was swatted, yet its at 'hip level'??? That makes no sense.

Crabtree didn't slow down, it wasn't underthrown. It could have been more to the sideline but then it would have been out of bounds and incomplete. There was literally no way that pass gets completed due to the absolute blanket, perfect coverage by a huge CB who knows how to make a play on the ball. And I don't fault Kaep at all for throwing it up at the end of the game like that.

If you can't admit that the pass was too flat, if you can't admit that Crabtree had a full step, if you can't admit that the ball was under thrown, if you can't admit that CK should have thrown a ball that was caught OVER the shoulder (not short where the ball ended up) or OOB then I question whether you were watching the game. It was a terrific play by Sherman; one not made by many, many DBs, but, that doesn't take away from the fact that it was a poorly thrown ball. The two things are not mutually exclusive.