What Holes Does This Team Have?

Rob's House

I keep hearing about all the many holes we have to fill this offseason but I just don't see it. Maybe it's a question of semantics - I think of a "hole" in this context as a position that doesn't have a legitimate NFL caliber starter to fill. Some may consider a "hole" any position that could use an upgrade, but by that definition any position that doesn't have an all-pro could be considered a hole and that's just silly.

By my count the only hole we have on offense is LG. RG and RT could stand to be upgraded, but I don't really consider the team to be devoid of NFL talent at either postion. Same with TE. With Woods and Goodwin showing potential as rookies, and Stevie still in the mix, I don't see WR in that light either, although a big WR would be nice.

On defense we could use a physical LB to help in run support. Otherwise, unless Byrd flies the coup, I don't see a position that doesn't have a solid starter to fill it.

So help me out here, what am I missing?

Quarterback who can play in the NFL. Hopefully, EJ will start being that guy next year, but QB is our biggest hole to fill right now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic