Are you scientifically literate?

Just Jack

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some were pure guesses. Others took a few moments to narrow down what I could remember or digest of the information to what I know about the other issues. Like Joule and Gamma. The thymine one was because I remembered the other one did not begin with A and was probably one of the ones that ended in ine. K I knew because Potash is potasium fertilizer which is NPK. Nitrogen, phosphate, potash. Zygote because I remember how calving works. Hubble, I did a report on him in elementary school and the telescope was to watch our universe expand. I knew Africa because the joke in HS Sociology was that we're all likely part black and racists are idiots.

Quark was simply a guess because it sounded the funniest.

Others I guessed wrong because I simply did not believe in my dang answer. As soon as it said Oxygen was 8th I was like "oh yeah" I remember that now.

37 of 50 right. 74% I surprised myself. I'm really not that smart.

I guess I forgot more that I know. I gave up I was doing so badly.

When did you graduate? Me 2000 and I had to go back to all of my schooling to remember almost all of that.

86%

I am shocked how much I remember from 11th grade chemistry & 12th grade physics... Biology was my weakness, I never took it and opted for Earth Science in 10th grade instead of biology.

84%. But I'm a biochemist dammit..what's with all the physics, astronomy and paleontology questions?

LoL! That is what saved my butt! :-) See above!

86%

I am shocked how much I remember from 11th grade chemistry & 12th grade physics... Biology was my weakness, I never took it and opted for Earth Science in 10th grade instead of biology.

I had the same thoughts. I remember what things were, a joule, for example but I have no idea what it actually is or anything like that. A lot of that I knew the answer but not what it was.

I had the same thoughts. I remember what things were, a joule, for example but I have no idea what it actually is or anything like that. A lot of that I knew the answer but not what it was.

Exactly. I didn't think too much and just answered. The questions & multiple choices given were written so that test taking skills could be applied... The one that floored me that I answered right was: Planck... LoL... Went on a hunch... No way was I answering the German dude starting w/an H... It was obvious they were trying to trip people up w/that one. LoL

98%. I thought the suffix "-nimbus' meant "vertically developed".

I feel empty that you didn't crank a 100%... As empty as the Bills going 6-10! ;-)

Wow... That was a gimme question, IMO... Didn't even have to think that one through. That question is one I got right. A nimbus cloud is a rain, snow, etc.. cloud , so it must mean: "precipatating."

But then again, I got a phu*ked up "problem solving paradigm."

;-P ;-P

Everyone knows a nimbus means EII-like. :doh:

Read my post above... ;-P You are right!

Again, this was the gimme question of the whole test! Too close to home for me! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois