25 members have voted

1. 1. What is the greatest QB Rivalry of all time

• Bradshaw / Stabler
    • Young / Aikman
    • Kelly / Marino
    • Starr / Unitas
    • Manning / Brady
    • Bradshaw / Staubach

Top 10 list,... not sure I agree with all these, however it does demonstrate how difficult it is to find too many great rivalries.

In order to be a real rivalry, i think they have to be in the same conference in order to meet several times in the course of a career. I also think that they both need to be HOFers and finally there need to be multiple playoff meetings with everything on the line...

With that, vote on the subset, call out any that I missed. I included Bradshaw / Staubach even though they played in opposite conferences as they met in multiple SBs

I'll play the homer and vote for Kelly / Marino as they were division rivals so have the largest body of work. Those games were always electric 2 and sometimes 3x per year!

Edited by cage

Marino/Montana? They played in opposite conferences and rarely played each other.

Unitas/Namath? Unitas was an old man by the time Namath was a star.

That is more like a list of rivalries invented by sportswriters with nothing better to write about.

Brady/Manning is clearly the answer. Both had teams on top for their entire careers, they played each other almost every year, several playoff match-ups, both first ballot HOFers, both SB winners, etc.

Marino/Montana? They played in opposite conferences and rarely played each other.

Unitas/Namath? Unitas was an old man by the time Namath was a star.

That is more like a list of rivalries invented by sportswriters with nothing better to write about.

Brady/Manning is clearly the answer. Both had teams on top for their entire careers, they played each other almost every year, several playoff match-ups, both first ballot HOFers, both SB winners, etc.

I agree they were stretching some of these... but that just makes the point of how few really intensive QB rivalries there are. That's why I dropped several of these from the poll

Next up and coming one could Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick.... this is the 2nd straight year they're meeting in the playoffs, NFC Championship and division rivalry. Could join this list in a few more intensive years...