(OT) 9 hours in trafic

ch19079

raleigh, NC

the weather guy said "only flurries", "no measurable accumulation"

talk about misleading...

flurries began at noon.

within 30 min. of flurries, the road was iced over and trafic stopped.

my roommate was stuck in trafic for 9 hours and didnt get to his girls place till midnight.

i am a dumb ass and slamed my car in to a curb just driving back from my lunch break.

schools let out at 1:30, but some school busses were stuck in trafic for as much as 6 or 7 hours. and some kids just stayed at school overnight.

the weather station apologised for the error, as the show's producer was giving an on location trafic report cus he was stuck in trafic for 7 hours... (now thats irony).

all this from only about 1/8th of an inch of snow.

they are calling for 2 inches tonight. i think ill be callin in tomorrow.

raleigh, NC

the weather guy said "only flurries", "no measurable accumulation"

talk about misleading...

flurries began at noon.

within 30 min. of flurries, the road was iced over and trafic stopped.

my roommate was stuck in trafic for 9 hours and didnt get to his girls place till midnight.

i am a dumb ass and slamed my car in to a curb just driving back from my lunch break.

schools let out at 1:30, but some school busses were stuck in trafic for as much as 6 or 7 hours. and some kids just stayed at school overnight.

the weather station apologised for the error, as the show's producer was giving an on location trafic report cus he was stuck in trafic for 7 hours... (now thats irony).

all this from only about 1/8th of an inch of snow.

they are calling for 2 inches tonight.  i think ill be callin in tomorrow.

212253[/snapback]

LMFAO...lightweights those Southerners.

LMFAO...lightweights those Southerners.

212256[/snapback]

Actually most of raleigh isnt southerners but transplanted yankees. many of the cars off roads were those SUVs and Minivans that all those soccer mom and dads love. As an ex snowbelt person this was weird since the snow landed and compacted instantly to become a sheet of ice plus it was 1/8 of an inch it was about 2 inches that came down in less than 30 mins.

Actually most of raleigh isnt southerners but transplanted yankees.  many of the cars off roads were those SUVs and Minivans that all those soccer mom and dads love.    As an ex snowbelt person this was weird since the snow landed and compacted instantly to become a sheet of ice plus it was 1/8 of an inch it was about 2 inches that came down in less than 30 mins.

212286[/snapback]

Add to that, and I saw it here, they think they can drive 65 in those vehicles. I have one of those vehicles and drove nice and steady, right lane home yesterday. Had a few idiots who passed me doing upwards of 70 mph, on route 1, which is just a 4 lane road, that hadn't been really plowed or sanded at that point. I only saw one in a ditch but exceeding the speed limit is stupid under those circumstances.

Add to that, and I saw it here, they think they can drive 65 in those vehicles.  I have one of those vehicles and drove nice and steady, right lane home yesterday.  Had a few idiots who passed me doing upwards of 70 mph, on route 1, which is just a 4 lane road, that hadn't been really plowed or sanded at that point.  I only saw one in a ditch but exceeding the speed limit is stupid under those circumstances.

212301[/snapback]

I'll agree part of the problem is northerners in SUV's driving too fast, but an equal part of the problem is people (mostly southern natives) driving too slow!!! If everyone took the conditions into account and drove at a prudent speed we wouldnt have these problems. I know thats asking far too much to ask people to be reasonable. :devil: I was lucky yesterday though, it only took me an hour and a half to get from RTP to Holly Springs by taking back roads.

I'll agree part of the problem is northerners in SUV's driving too fast, but an equal part of the problem is people (mostly southern natives) driving too slow!!!  If everyone took the conditions into account and drove at a prudent speed we wouldnt have these problems.  I know thats asking far too much to ask people to be reasonable.  :devil:  I was lucky yesterday though, it only took me an hour and a half to get from RTP to Holly Springs by taking back roads.

212354[/snapback]

BillsFanNC, you're pretty close to me. We could've gotten together to see a couple games this year. Where did you watch them? I'm always looking for fellow Bills fans here.