10 Sequels/Reboots due in Theaters in 2015

ChevyVanMiller

Which ones are you most anticipating? Which ones do you wish they wouldn't make?

I am looking forward to the Avengers and the Fantastic Four reboot. Also, can't wait for the James Bond flick seeing as how much I enjoyed Skyfall.

I could do without Independence Day II (Just think the original was a stand-alone and should be left untouched).

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/10-movie-franchises-set-to-hit-the-big-screen-in-2015.html/11/

Avengers. Easily the best to look forward to but Very curious how Batman will do with Afleck and figure it will get a lot of Hype. But it won't be half as much as ID2 if Will Smith is in it. Can't stand his "acting". I have no desire to see James Bond. Jurassic park will be funny to see that attempt and I'd the Terminator movie is anything like the original then it'll be new all over

Finding Dory? Come on. Disney can do better then that. Frozen was awesome. Tangled was great. A lot of the retreaded stories told different do better then this sequel stuff. Only Toy Story was worthwhile in the successive movies and that was after #2 was so weak.

Finding Dory? Come on. Disney can do better then that. Frozen was awesome. Tangled was great. A lot of the retreaded stories told different do better then this sequel stuff. Only Toy Story was worthwhile in the successive movies and that was after #2 was so weak.

Seeing you mention the recent movies made me remember this thought from the other day. Disney used to name their movies after the female characters, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Bambi, etc. Now it's just words, Tangled, Brave, Frozen. I wonder why the switch.

Avengers. Easily the best to look forward to but Very curious how Batman will do with Afleck and figure it will get a lot of Hype. But it won't be half as much as ID2 if Will Smith is in it. Can't stand his "acting". I have no desire to see James Bond. Jurassic park will be funny to see that attempt and I'd the Terminator movie is anything like the original then it'll be new all over

I'd actually be curious to see if Smith's character would still wind up being the smart ass type that he was. He's probably too old to pull it off now, but since I grew up watching the Fresh Prince, it might be interesting to see him be a smart ass again like he was in Independence Day (basically just the Fresh Prince in the Air Force).

I agree with you. My daughter is currently obsessed with underwater stuff. And she's now able to sit through a whole movie, so it will be fun to take her to the Dory thing.

The best recent Disney movie was Wreck It Ralph. I think that one is pretty damn good. Fun for adults too. My little girl now likes to ask people, "Hey, are you a hobo?" because that's a line from the movie.

Seeing you mention the recent movies made me remember this thought from the other day. Disney used to name their movies after the female characters, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Bambi, etc. Now it's just words, Tangled, Brave, Frozen. I wonder why the switch.

Bambi is a boy. So is Dumbo. So there goes your theory. A little Mickey Mouse, I would stay, or is that Steamboat Willie?

:-P

Which ones are you most anticipating? Which ones do you wish they wouldn't make?

I am looking forward to the Avengers and the Fantastic Four reboot. Also, can't wait for the James Bond flick seeing as how much I enjoyed Skyfall.

I could do without Independence Day II (Just think the original was a stand-alone and should be left untouched).

http://wallstcheatsh...n-2015.html/11/

The article is a few months old, so there have been a few updates on these projects.

Star Wars Episode VII & Mission: Impossible 5 are both scheduled for December 2015.

The Independence Day sequel & Finding Dory have been pushed back to 2016.

For me, of course I am looking forward to Star Wars. Finally we get stories that happen after Return of the Jedi. Avengers: Age of Ultron will be fun, as will Batman & Superman, although the thought of Affleck as Batman is :sick: .

Looking forward to the reboot of Fantastic 4 and glad to have Jurassic World finally get a date. We need more good dinosaur movies.

No doubt 2015 will be a monster year for movies, and these are just the sequels and reboots franchises they listed in this article. There are plenty more they did not mention, and there is also the "original" titles of films not listed.

Yeah, 2015 will be BIG

I heard someone say that instead of remaking good movies, they should remake crappy movies. But face it. America is getting really dumb.

This is a great idea. There are a lot of crappy movies with potential.

For example, I thought it would be great to remake "Gettysburg" with an all-star cast. The original is okay, but with low production quality and with a pretty weak cast (Jeff Daniels, Tom berrenger).

As great as Pixar is, their most recent films("Cars 2", "Brave", "Monsters University") have been average. Although I did enjoy "Monsters University" more than others.

"Finding Dory" makes no sense to me and I also find it unnecessary. "Finding Nemo" was great, but it had an ending, there is no need for a sequel. I'm not against Pixar making sequels, a sequel to "The Incredibles" would be great, but I would much rather see them come up with more original ideas. Pixar has constantly established themselves at not only making great animation, but also telling great stories. I hope they can continue to do that.

jboyst, I am a bit confused. Are you saying that "Toy Story 2" was weak? If so, please explain.

As great as Pixar is, their most recent films("Cars 2", "Brave", "Monsters University") have been average. Although I did enjoy "Monsters University" more than others.

"Finding Dory" makes no sense to me and I also find it unnecessary. "Finding Nemo" was great, but it had an ending, there is no need for a sequel. I'm not against Pixar making sequels, a sequel to "The Incredibles" would be great, but I would much rather see them come up with more original ideas. Pixar has constantly established themselves at not only making great animation, but also telling great stories. I hope they can continue to do that.

jboyst, I am a bit confused. Are you saying that "Toy Story 2" was weak? If so, please explain.

That's an interesting thought. If there ever was a Pixar movie made for a sequel, it is The Incredibles, especially with the boom in super hero stuff now. They could easily make a franchise out of that movie if they wanted to.

That's an interesting thought. If there ever was a Pixar movie made for a sequel, it is The Incredibles, especially with the boom in super hero stuff now. They could easily make a franchise out of that movie if they wanted to.

Exactly, I don't know why Disney/Pixar has not focused on a sequel to "The Incredibles". There is so much they could do with those characters.

Like most triquels or whatever they're called, the middle is often the weakest. Toy Story was great, new, nothing like it when it came out. Toy Story 3D wrapped it all up in a bow that was so nice and fitting that anyone who saw the first one just could leave there and feel something pull at them. Toy Story 2 was fun and very original for a sequel, especially as a cartoon type. But, compared to the first and third, it was the weakest.

Incredibles, Up, and Frozen might have been the best cartoons of the last 7 or 8 years. Frozen had a wonderful score and was surprisingly good compared to all the other flops. I couldn't stand Cars or any of the other stuff. They're fun, cute and I will laugh but they're just not that great.

Like most triquels or whatever they're called, the middle is often the weakest. Toy Story was great, new, nothing like it when it came out. Toy Story 3D wrapped it all up in a bow that was so nice and fitting that anyone who saw the first one just could leave there and feel something pull at them. Toy Story 2 was fun and very original for a sequel, especially as a cartoon type. But, compared to the first and third, it was the weakest.

Incredibles, Up, and Frozen might have been the best cartoons of the last 7 or 8 years. Frozen had a wonderful score and was surprisingly good compared to all the other flops. I couldn't stand Cars or any of the other stuff. They're fun, cute and I will laugh but they're just not that great.

Alright. I personally think all of the Toy Story films are fantastic, to me there is no weak film of those 3.

Disney/Pixar had an amazing streak of films with "Wall-E", "Up" & "Toy Story 3" coming out consecutively. It would be tough to duplicate such a streak, but I hope they can get back to that level of greatness.

Interestingly enough, there is no Disney/Pixar movie scheduled this year. We have to wait until November 2015 for "The Good Dinosaur".

Nobody else is with me on Wreck It Ralph? It was pretty great I thought.

I wanted to love "Wreck-It Ralph" very much, and it has it's share of funny moments and great animation.

Instead I just liked it. I think it could have been much more than it was. The main plot just felt too familiar.

I also thought they spent way to much time in the "Sugar Rush" game, and I found Calhoun to be too much of a distraction.

When I saw Calhoun, I couldn't get over the fact that I was not only hearing Jane Lynch, but I was looking at Jane Lynch, therefore the character was Jane Lynch. They couldn't have made Calhoun look the least bit different than the actor?

I will say that the reveal of the villain in "Wreck-It Ralph" is a good one.

To be fair, I only saw this movie once. So if I saw it again I might enjoy it more.