Playoffs Saints at Seahawks

Just Jack

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another game ruined by players not knowing the fundamentals of the game, not knowing the basics and not being able to do the simplest things. The ball didn't travel 10 yards when Tate went for it. Then he fumbled it. Then something seconds later a player throws a forward pass to end the game?

The NFL just has a horrible product on display in 2013/14.

yup. Not to mention that Colstin went down pretty damn quick in that inside kick return. Looked like he had some room to run a little.

Why even have colston on the sideline if it's a called throwback. Give him a seam pass and when defenders swarm get it out. As is you throw into tougher coverage AND made it less likely the opposite corner/safety would leave the other side.

I guess he was convinced the clock was at zero but not even close

Edited by NoSaint

I don't think it was a called throwback. I just think Colston is a stupid idiot and has trouble playing the game like he knows what he's doing.

Any idiot can be a good football player (just look at Marshawn) but smart players win games. Bree's was into something and Colston ruined it.

Why even have colston on the sideline if it's a called throwback. Give him a seam pass and when defenders swarm get it out. As is you throw into tougher coverage AND made it less likely the opposite corner/safety would leave the other side.

I guess he was convinced the clock was at zero but not even close

I would have done the hitch and pitch to whatshisnametheRB for NO. He has the speed and elusiveness that it would have made more sense then such a risky cross throw homerun throwforward.

Another game ruined by players not knowing the fundamentals of the game, not knowing the basics and not being able to do the simplest things. The ball didn't travel 10 yards when Tate went for it. Then he fumbled it. Then something seconds later a player throws a forward pass to end the game?

When Colston caught that last pass, he easily could have just stepped out of bounds, and they would have had 4-6 secs. left on the clock for a Hail Mary try. Idiot move for sure by Colston.

But you've hit on something which is very easy to see, and has been easy to see for years, but almost no one will say it, because they will be branded a "bigots" MOST of the players in the NFL are NOT very smart. There's probably five or less players on each team who actually would be considered intelligent. Of course, the QB has to be intelligent, or the offense will stink. But MOST players are there solely because of their athletic ability, NOT their smarts. How many times do you see defensive backs/safeties do absolutely idiotic, retarded moves on coverages? Yes, they are indeed DUMB. LOL

Precisely. He is a totally different player now. He went into the toilet here, statistically declining and looking like garbage. He obviously changed a lot of things in Seattle.

Seattle is the perfect environment for him. Not to mention a better team in general than the Bills in every way. That trade was far and away the best thing that ever could have happened to him. No reason to hate on Lynch. Even if he had stayed in Buffalo he would not have performed like he has for Seattle anyway, People just need to let it go.

Seattle is the perfect environment for him. Not to mention a better team in general than the Bills in every way. That trade was far and away the best thing that ever could have happened to him. No reason to hate on Lynch. Even if he had stayed in Buffalo he would not have performed like he has for Seattle anyway, People just need to let it go.

Pete Carroll is the difference.

not really. there's been plenty of time since we drafted lynch to build a team like seattle has today. and he might have been part of the nucleus. but it was never gonna happen with the bills management. his recent history is a symptom of the bills disease. but, yeah, good for him.

Agree 100%.

Payton finally comes clean: it was, as some us suggested at the time, a called play for Colston:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10288826/new-orleans-saints-say-final-play-was-planned

He also admits, as some here said, that it was the wrong time for such a play with that much time on the clock.

Nice he let Colston hang out to dry for a day...

When Colston caught that last pass, he easily could have just stepped out of bounds, and they would have had 4-6 secs. left on the clock for a Hail Mary try. Idiot move for sure by Colston.

But you've hit on something which is very easy to see, and has been easy to see for years, but almost no one will say it, because they will be branded a "bigots" MOST of the players in the NFL are NOT very smart. There's probably five or less players on each team who actually would be considered intelligent. Of course, the QB has to be intelligent, or the offense will stink. But MOST players are there solely because of their athletic ability, NOT their smarts. How many times do you see defensive backs/safeties do absolutely idiotic, retarded moves on coverages? Yes, they are indeed DUMB. LOL

I tend to think that the level of intelligence in NFL players would mirror the intelligence of people in the every day world. Odd that you obviously don't see it the same way. I'm not going to comment on the intelligence of such thinking......people in glass houses and all...

(I think I might have just insulted a majority of posters here...oops.)

Payton finally comes clean: it was, as some us suggested at the time, a called play for Colston:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10288826/new-orleans-saints-say-final-play-was-planned

He also admits, as some here said, that it was the wrong time for such a play with that much time on the clock.

Nice he let Colston hang out to dry for a day...

Just poorly handled from the play call til today. As I said up thread - if it was a designed call it was poorly designed at best. If your calling that it had to be perfectly schemed and this seemed to play to the weaknesses of the players and situation instead of giving them the best shot to execute