Hakeem Nicks

Spillnation

Instead of drafting a wide receiver what free agents intrigue you? I think Nicks would be a big upgrade over Stevie. The Giants are definitely parting with him. How realistic would it be for Buffalo to become his landing spot and what do you think it would take? Are there any other free agents you'd consider over drafting a wr?

Nicks seems like a malcontent. Based on his absolutely minuscule production this year, I get the feeling he quit on the team really early.

He might be good here. But he might be Stevie 2.0 throwing his hands up in the end zone after a pick.

I agree. Great talent but not sure I'd throw big money at him.

I'd rather have James Jones.

I agree on James Jones over Hakeem. I wouldnt go there for either, however. The Bills should stay the course and draft a WR at #9 or trade down and still draft one of the top three - Watkins, Evans or Benjamin. I suspect they will target Benjamin due to the tie in with EJ. HEy, why not. Benjamin is ridiculously big for his age and position.

Hakeem Nicks used to be great. Oft injured and dropped a ton of balls last year.

I'm not sure he's got much left.

Agreed....but he is still only 25. I think it will be carolina or the Jets that pay him.

Was not a team guy this year. When Cruz got the big money, he went into protection mode inhis contract year knowing that teams do not carry 2 10million/year WRs. The ball had to hit him in the chest or he would make no effort. Too bad because when he is ON, he could dominate a game.

Was not a team guy this year. When Cruz got the big money, he went into protection mode inhis contract year knowing that teams do not carry 2 10million/year WRs. The ball had to hit him in the chest or he would make no effort. Too bad because when he is ON, he could dominate a game.

That really doesn't make too much sense. Typically players heading into a contract year will play to the best of their abilities to maximize their next contract. Perhaps it is the constant injuries that have had him playing gun shy?

(btw, Cruz's deal is $8.6m/year)

That really doesn't make too much sense. Typically players heading into a contract year will play to the best of their abilities to maximize their next contract. Perhaps it is the constant injuries that have had him playing gun shy?

You can see either approach. If he thinks his résumé is pretty solid, the gap between 9 and 10m for a ok vs great year might mean less than risking a torn ACL or worse in his contract year

You can see either approach. If he thinks his résumé is pretty solid, the gap between 9 and 10m for a ok vs great year might mean less than risking a torn ACL or worse in his contract year

Perhaps.....if the player was coming off of a sterling year. His 2012 year was injury riddled with horrible numbers (53-692-3TDs). He has now backed that up with another year with injuries.....and apparently doesn't make any effort to catch the ball. He has only had two good years(not great).....with no pro bowls. I tend to think that he has cost himself a fair bit more than 1m(I assume you meant per year). .....but we'll see :)

Of all the FA WRs.....doesn't Decker fit the mold we are after best?

Typically they do, you are right. The Giants knew well before addressing the Cruz issue last offseason that they had Nicks around the corner. The Nicks camp was watching. As soon as they paid Cruz #1 receiver money, it was clear that there would be a limit to the upside of staying with the Giants. He then skipped OTAs with no reported injuries....proceeded to dog the entire season....did not stretch out or fight for the ball...caused a few of Eli's picks....and dropped balls. He was a ghost all year.

If I had to choose between a guy hiding injuries and couldn't perform and a guy who has his agent in his ear, knows he's injury prone and went the self preservation route knowing he could get a #1 receiver contract elsewhere and rest on hid resume.....it screams of the latter.

I like Nicks but hasn't he been injured the last couple years?

The Bills also need a true number 1 which I don't think Nicks or Jones are

I have no problem taking Watkins or Evans at 9 as I like both of them

Edited by Max997

I think this is going to be a pretty ho-hum FA there are only two FAs I spend big money on and that is Byrd or Jimmy Graham

I do have a list of mid-tier guys I'd like Austin Howard RT, Geoff Schwartz G, Vinny Rey ILB,

I don't really have even a mid-tier WR I like but I do have a long shot in Danario Alexander guy has a ton of talent but he's also had a ton of injuries

Eric decker is solid. He was making plays w tebow FTR.

Demaryius wasn't quite as good yet. Decker is moneybags mcgee IMO.

Decker was fantastic in college as well. I would love to see him in a Bills uni but don't really see any way of it happening. At 6'3" he would certainly be the big target the Bills are looking for.