Insane Jobs That Pay More Than You Believe

http://www.thedailym...source=outbrain

Check out #2. Farmers v. Legislators

No more crying poor mouth on the family farm!

:-O

\

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::)

most of my life awoke 5:00 am, did early morning chores, milking, feeding ect. worked through the day until about 8:00 pm. Sometimes later for planting, harvesting , calving ect. seven days at 365 days a year. No crying about what I earned , my life a blessing, but earned every penny .

Edited by millbank

\

most of my life awoke 5:00 am, did early morning chores, milking, feeding ect. worked through the day until about 8:00 pm. Sometimes later for planting, harvesting , calving ect. seven days at 365 days a year. No crying about what I earned , my life a blessing, but earned every penny .

Uncle! I will accept your crying Mill! It's that younger whipper snapper rancher that needs to be questioned! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

http://www.thedailym...source=outbrain

Check out #2. Farmers v. Legislators

No more crying poor mouth on the family farm!

:-O

That's a pretty poor comparison.

Farming is a 7 days a week / 52 weeks a year gig. Nature does not take time off.

Legislators, those on the state and local levels especially, only work 5 days a week, and in many instances, for only part of the year.

Here in GA, the General Assembly session runs from January to approximately April. In all, they are only allowed to meet for 40 days.

Due to their limited work sessions, their salary is only $17k/year.

However, on a per day basis: $425 /day plus their per diem of $173 /day = approx. $600 /day.

Now who makes more money?

That's a pretty poor comparison.

Farming is a 7 days a week / 52 weeks a year gig. Nature does not take time off.

Legislators, those on the state and local levels especially, only work 5 days a week, and in many instances, for only part of the year.

Here in GA, the General Assembly session runs from January to approximately April. In all, they are only allowed to meet for 40 days.

Due to their limited work sessions, their salary is only $17k/year.

However, on a per day basis: $425 /day plus their per diem of $173 /day = approx. $600 /day.

Now who makes more money?

Only when in session? They should be going back to their constituents and working w/them. Same as when the fields are planted and growing. Every job has down time? Anyway, that's not the point. It isn't about what they are doing or how hard the work is or how much time it takes... We are talking only final pay.

Oops, sorry Jack. I guess discussing what legislators make is classic PPP. Again, sorry for not putting it there OR not honing in on the law maker part of the list. It just didn't dawn on me that one job would change the whole dynamic of how the thread is viewed.

When the primary focus of your original post and subsequent posts is the one government job comparison from that list, and not any of the other eleven professions, it was bound to come here eventually.

\

You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs.

\

And off to PPP you go......

And here I was: thinking that millbank was gonna be on PPP now, and trying to figure out what that would look like. Oh well.