Walmart's Medical Coverage

Dante

Are you really this dense? Walmart has health plans that it offers its employees that are not only better than the plans offered under the ACA, but are much less expensive. How is that so? It's not because it reached the Nirvana of single payer status but because it has a broad base of employees that are signed up. The ACA as written, insures that insurers will not have a broad base but will be dealing with people that are much older and less healthy. Simply put, the ACA was so poorly written that it basically exempts the young and healthy. It perverts the long-held fundamentals of insurance.

I have found almost all like plans I have compared from my place of employment versus the Colorado exchanges to be about the same end cost in premium when you correct for the benefit credit I get from my employer. essenitally, my plan here and the plan on the exchange, the managed care bronze, like deductibles, is about $350-$400/mo.

I assume Walmart $40 premium cost to the employee has a large amoung paid by the employer...

Well first of all they probably don't have a job with Walmart if they are chronically sick and I don't recall if I've ever seen anyone noticeably disabled working at one, but please show me your proof.

I had nurse working for me that was being actively treated for Esophogael cancer, couldn't afford not to....there is another girl here in Radiology that is getting treatment for Breast Cancer for the 3rd time and hasnt missed a day of work.

the Chronically sick work all the time.

Edited by B-Large

I have found almost all like plans I have compared from my place of employment versus the Colorado exchanges to be about the same end cost in premium when you correct for the benefit credit I get from my employer. essenitally, my plan here and the plan on the exchange, the managed care bronze, like deductibles, is about $350-$400/mo.

I assume Walmart $40 premium cost to the employee has a large amoung paid by the employer...

I had nurse working for me that was being actively treated for Esophogael cancer, couldn't afford not to....there is another girl here in Radiology that is getting treatment for Breast Cancer for the 3rd time and hasnt missed a day of work.

the Chronically sick work all the time.

I assumed that the chronically sick would not be showing up for work at Walmart, but the point has to do with whether or not a large employer based plan can exclude them and the disabled if they are employees.

I assumed that the chronically sick would not be showing up for work at Walmart, but the point has to do with whether or not a large employer based plan can exclude them and the disabled if they are employees.

the point is that they're very unlikely to hire such people and will have a relative few in their risk pool. gov't sponsored programs will have just the opposite until we get the young and healthy signed up and they will always remain the port of refuge for the sick and disabled unable to find work.

the point is that they're very unlikely to hire such people and will have a relative few in their risk pool. gov't sponsored programs will have just the opposite until we get the young and healthy signed up and they will always remain the port of refuge for the sick and disabled unable to find work.

So you finally agree with me that the ACA is seriously flawed and as designed is just another government redistribution scheme? What will make the young and healthy sign up with such small fines and open enrollment? Where is all the money going to come from for the subsidies?