The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

I'm curious how long the ACA is going to be called Obamacare, considering the changes. Does it at some point become Trumpcare or Republicare?

Well ...............they keep leaving the "Affordable" part on........even though it is wildly incorrect...........so we can leave it Obamacare

since it is such a "big f'n deal"......Right Joe ?

the DOW hit 23,000 today, Trump was elected at 18,000

so when it falls 3,000 the media will scream the economy is in the worst shape EVER with the LARGEST PLUMMET in history

when it's still way better than the best it ever was

thanks media.

the DOW hit 23,000 today, Trump was elected at 18,000

so when it falls 3,000 the media will scream the economy is in the worst shape EVER with the LARGEST PLUMMET in history

when it's still way better than the best it ever was

thanks media.

The free media is a failure in the west! Pravda can point the way?

D is for Donald, and duh!

Nearly 70 percent of those benefiting from the so-called cost-sharing subsidies live in states Trump won last November, according to an analysis by The Associated Press. The number underscores the political risk for Trump and his party, which could end up owning the blame for increased costs and chaos in the insurance marketplace.

The subsidies are paid to insurers by the federal government to help lower consumers’ deductibles and co-pays. People who benefit will continue receiving the discounts because insurers are obligated by law to provide them. But to make up for the lost federal funding, health insurers will have to raise premiums substantially, potentially putting coverage out of reach for many consumers.

Sorry 33,

You're chasing a squirrel.

Back to the "AFFORDABLE Care Act thread

Sorry Everybody, But Trump Hasn’t Instigated The Obamacare Apocalypse.

NICE try! Ezra Klein not getting away with shifting blame for O-care failings to Trump

Still worth it some days. Too much extra energy from the weekend away from here.

Sorry 33,

You're chasing a squirrel.

Back to the "AFFORDABLE Care Act thread

Sorry Everybody, But Trump Hasn’t Instigated The Obamacare Apocalypse.

NICE try! Ezra Klein not getting away with shifting blame for O-care failings to Trump

I don't know Propaganda boy

On “Meet the Press,” Kasich let it rip:

People are saying, “Oh, well these were some big bonus to insurance companies.” No. These were payments to insurance companies to make sure that hardworking Americans, who don’t make a lot of money, can have their co-payments taken care of.

It’s a subsidy to do that. And what this, what this decision leading to are higher prices. Some people will not be able to afford health insurance. Or people will have to make very significant choices. And I’m talking about hardworking people, trying to work their way up and out of their situation. It’s going to impose higher costs on their families.

Some people will not be able to afford it. But what I don’t understand, Chuck [Todd], is what are they doing? Are they just passing these things and people are praising what the president did because of politics? I mean, do they understand the impact that this has on families, on people? Read the stories of what these people are saying.

They finally have health insurance, and then the next day they wake up, and now they’re not so sure they can afford it, or whether they’ll be able to have it. What is the purpose of this? I’ve got to say, Chuck, this whole issue is about people. It is not about politics, it is not about numbers. It’s about people. And these congressmen, they’re seemingly willing to do nothing.

He slammed governing by slogan:

This is a — this is a mantra. This is a mantra about Obamacare. And it’s, to me, it’s fundamentally political. Because frankly, if you are to do these things, what is the result? What are you putting in place? What’s going to happen to the people that get stuck with these higher costs, or lose insurance all together? … What I am concerned is that look, I just don’t think there’s any policy here.

Well ...............they keep leaving the "Affordable" part on........even though it is wildly incorrect...........so we can leave it Obamacare

since it is such a "big f'n deal"......Right Joe ?

And they leave the "Care" part on, even though it doesn't provide care.

But it is an Act...I guess.

I'm curious how long the ACA is going to be called Obamacare, considering the changes. Does it at some point become Trumpcare or Republicare?

No, as much as the idiots on the left keep trying to disown their abortion of a health insurance bill, it's still going to be known as Obamacare.

B) The tax payer: Why? Because premiums will go up even higher and as premiums go higher then the subsidies go higher meaning that tax payers will shoulder the majority of the increase.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel dumb in not realizing people received higher federal subsidies if their insurance plan increased in money (which adds to the national debt). You're correct. My chart was pointless.

So, Trump's decision will lead to higher premiums for those who make too much to qualify for subsidies and increase the national debt by about 200 billion over 10 years. Basically, you'd be providing the same service for an extra 200 billion dollars and screwing middle to upper class Americans.

Trump has to realize how bad it makes him look which makes me agree with you that he's using as leverage for a deal with a Democrats to get something he wants. The thought of Trump doing it because these payments may be unconstitutional is laughable. There's more of a chance of the Bills winning the Superbowl this year than that being Trump's primary motivation for withholding those payments. He fancies himself a great deal maker, but he still hasn't grasped how politics work in Washington. Both sides of Congress (with a few exceptions) could care less about the American people and Democrats won't give Trump a thing.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel dumb in not realizing people received higher federal subsidies if their insurance plan increased in money (which adds to the national debt). You're correct. My chart was pointless.

So, Trump's decision will lead to higher premiums for those who make too much to qualify for subsidies and increase the national debt by about 200 billion over 10 years. Basically, you'd be providing the same service for an extra 200 billion dollars and screwing middle to upper class Americans.

Trump has to realize how bad it makes him look which makes me agree with you that he's using as leverage for a deal with a Democrats to get something he wants. The thought of Trump doing it because these payments may be unconstitutional is laughable. There's more of a chance of the Bills winning the Superbowl this year than that being Trump's primary motivation for withholding those payments. He fancies himself a great deal maker, but he still hasn't grasped how politics work in Washington. Both sides of Congress (with a few exceptions) could care less about the American people and Democrats won't give Trump a thing.

Nice post. The last part I would just say they care about what their voters and donors wants. Pretty easy to figure out which voters (and the mega donors) want