The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

The CSR subsidies were illegal. Is that even disputed?

7NorOQHB_bigger.jpgChris MurphyVerified account @ChrisMurphyCT
FollowFollow @ChrisMurphyCT
More

Important: if Trump stops paying insurers, rates for EVERYBODY go up - not just for people on ACA exchange plans. Get ready, America!!

5:49 AM - 13 Oct 2017

“Trump” doesn’t pay insurers, Congress does............. Congress didn’t.................. So Trump can’t............. You’re a legislator, for God's sake !

If illegal CSR reimbursements were supposed to keep premiums low, they failed spectacularly.

MEDIA:

"This dismantles a key part of Obama's signature legislation!"

"Was it legal?"

"No, but that's beside the point!"

Susan Collins is “concerned” that the executive will no longer make payments that her own branch hasn’t appropriated. . . . Alice in Wonderland.

I don't know if "ObamaCare can't survive without government subsidies" is the best argument in support of ObamaCare.

Maybe it's just me.

NYT:

Trump to Scrap Critical Health Care Subsidies, Hitting Obamacare Again

Alternative headline: Trump scraps subsidies ruled unconstitutional in federal court

FTA:

Without the subsidies, insurance markets could quickly unravel. Insurers have said they will need much higher premiums and may pull out of the insurance exchanges created under the Affordable Care Act if the subsidies were cut off. Known as cost-sharing reduction payments, the subsidies were expected to total $9 billion in the coming year and nearly $100 billion in the coming decade.

“The government cannot lawfully make the cost-sharing reduction payments,” the White House said in a statement.

It concluded that “Congress needs to repeal and replace the disastrous Obamacare law and provide real relief to the American people.”

Would be kind of funny of the Democrats sweep the Virginia elections and then enroll in Obamacare. It would be expanding instead of being killed.

Evil people take away others health care

you believe in the concept of evil?

quantifiable evil?

isn't that a conservative value judgment or societal construct?

evil only applies to people who have a different opinion, like you might vote GOP, that is evil and depraved unconditionally....

I have friends that do stupid and sometimes evil things, but even in my anger at them I would not declare them to be stupid or evil people.

no offense Tiberius, but it's an ignorant take.

It's not evil, just misguided

Taking away people's health care is not evil? Are you sure you are not looking at that through partisan eyes?

It's evil

Die!

I like how open and honest you are

Are the subsidies legal?

Fig leaf

Nice way to not answer the question.

I personally don't think so but I'm not a legal expert. That aside, quit pretending like you give a crap about the legality of the matter. Most Americans just want better insurance and lower premiums.

Now answer my questions dotard. Was it legal to order a tomahawk strike without congressional approval? Is it legal to use funds from a non-profit to pay off politicians and fines? Is it legal to fire someone because you don't like the way they are investigating you? How about giving your family jobs in the White House or renting out your properties to foreign governments?

I personally don't think so but I'm not a legal expert. That aside, quit pretending like you give a crap about the legality of the matter. Most Americans just want better insurance and lower premiums.

They do want lower premiums which will only come when we eliminate many of the nasty rules in the ACA.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

·

3h

Very proud of my Executive Order which will allow greatly expanded access and far lower costs for HealthCare. Millions of people benefit!

And the media will be called bad for pointing out lies like this

They do want lower premiums which will only come when we eliminate many of the nasty rules in the ACA.

Bull sh it. They pick at anything so they can simply destroy it and give their donors a huge bloody tax cut

Health insurance premiums were rising long before the ACA came along. If young, healthy people don't have insurance and unhealthy people with pre-existing conditions are excluded we will be just as worse off as before.