The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Welcome to the internet

Ok, so this is what we know about you:

You blame the internet for your bias against religion.

You not only think it is ok for your president to lie, but expect that out of him.

You think it is funny when people die, especially if it is for their country.

You are teaching your daughter these same fine principles.

Do you have any redeeming qualities? In other words, if someone came across you sinking in quicksand, is there any reason to throw you a rope?

Obamacare's problem: You can't fix stupid.

The reality has been shocking even to the biggest Obamacare detractors. A McKinsey Report estimates that just 10 percent of the roughly 4 million enrollees in the ACA are people that did not previously have health insurance. Just 1 in 10!

Those 40 million to 50 million Americans just clamoring for health coverage that the Democrats have been telling us about since the 1940s have turned into just about 400,000 people who have bothered to sign up so far. And how much do you want to bet that those 400,000 will end up making up the lion's share of the up to 900,000 enrollees who have failed to actually pay for their new coverage?

There is, quite literally, nothing you could do to outrage me.

I do, however, find you to be greatly lacking in class, manners, depth, and common decency.

You are, quite frankly, low; and you've defined yourself as such with your own chosen words.

blah blah blah

sure, if it's a noose.

OMG! How lacking in class is that! Better watch out TYTT will roll up a newspaper and swat you with it

blah blah blah

In some circles, character is a highly valued asset. You must move in other circles.

What stikes me as funny/sad, however, is that you seem to wear your lowness like a badge of honor.

And while you're entitled to it, understand that you've chosen how the rest of the world views you.

blah blah blah

OMG! How lacking in class is that! Better watch out TYTT will roll up a newspaper and swat you with it

You not only think it is ok for your president to lie, but expect that out of him.

Do you have any redeeming qualities? In other words, if someone came across you sinking in quicksand, is there any reason to throw you a rope?

I take it your silence is acceptance of the above.

Had a conversation with an employee today about ACA. She was slamming it because she pays $50 a pay period out of her check for health insurance here at work, and cited she would pay $400 a month on the Colorado exchange!!!!

I asked her what her employer chipped in as part of her salary and benefit package? He said nothing, her insurance cost $100 a month.... turn out her employer bebefit credit was $275/month bring her insurance to $375/ month.

Still cheaper than ACA! until you realize her deductible was $7500 and the excahnge plan was $5,000

Its so difficult to have honest, meaningful conversations about health in this country when Americans don't understand the mere basics of their insurance policy, how much they are, and how they are paid for. Its so frustrating....

There is, quite literally, nothing you could do to outrage me.

I do, however, find you to be greatly lacking in class, manners, depth, and common decency.

You are, quite frankly, low; and you've defined yourself as such with your own chosen words.

yeah, but he so entertaining... so theres that.

I take it your silence is acceptance of the above.

I assume basic empathy for the human bring is the only reason. Is it compelling enough?

And another thing, why do people think the the ACA is the first time networks have been constricted and limited... where do people hear this ****?.. Kaiser, one of the most efficient and cost effective models for HC delivery is the very embodiment of captive, closed networks. I hear people who rave about Kaiser but in the same breathe B word that the ACA would limit where they can go for care... your with KAISER!!!!! are people really that ill informed on this stuff??

Edited by B-Large

And another thing, why do people think the the ACA is the first time networks have been constricted and limited... where do people hear this ****?.. Kaiser, one of the most efficient and cost effective models for HC delivery is the very embodiment of captive, closed networks. I hear people who rave about Kaiser but in the same breathe B word that the ACA would limit where they can go for care... your with KAISER!!!!! are people really that ill informed on this stuff??

I'm not familiar with Kaiser, but I assume they are a privately owned, or publically owned non-governmental company, that you can choose or not choose to do busness with?

most of the complaints about the ACA stem from the fact (which has been proven many, many times over) that the federal government is incapable of doing anything efficiently, and in the view of many, is wildly overstepping it's authority in mandating something like this.

from my point of view, arguing the nuts & bolts of government mandated health care is a waste of time, because they're not supposed to be involved in this kind of thing in the first place, and arguing about it implies credibility to their doing so.

I'll remember that next time Tom jumps into a thread screaming "You are an idiot!!"

Classy :lol:

You don't see the stark differences between calling someone an idiot, and flippantly mocking the destruction of life/future life by joking about zygotes getting into heaven?

And another thing, why do people think the the ACA is the first time networks have been constricted and limited... where do people hear this ****?..

Kaiser, one of the most efficient and cost effective models for HC delivery is the very embodiment of captive, closed networks. I hear people who rave about Kaiser but in the same breathe B word that the ACA would limit where they can go for care... your with KAISER!!!!! are people really that ill informed on this stuff??

C'mon B.

You were there in 2009 and 10

Americans were told that ObamaCare/ A.C.A was going to increase services and access

Anyone who tried to talk about "limits" was shouted down, accused of hating the poor, and branded a fool..........(see "death panels")

If you are promised that you can "KEEP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH PLAN" if you so choose, and then you find out that

you are going to pay more........for less..........................you get upset.

I'm not familiar with Kaiser, but I assume they are a privately owned, or publically owned non-governmental company, that you can choose or not choose to do busness with?

most of the complaints about the ACA stem from the fact (which has been proven many, many times over) that the federal government is incapable of doing anything efficiently, and in the view of many, is wildly overstepping it's authority in mandating something like this.

from my point of view, arguing the nuts & bolts of government mandated health care is a waste of time, because they're not supposed to be involved in this kind of thing in the first place, and arguing about it implies credibility to their doing so.

This for sure. The Federal government is way over reaching the limits of their authority. They have no business meddling. Just like don't have any right to tell businesses what wages they pay be it overtime or minimum wage. Free market will find the correct level.

You don't see the stark differences between calling someone an idiot, and flippantly mocking the destruction of life/future life by joking about zygotes getting into heaven?

Mocking religion is as old as....religion itself. The religious nuts that worked up over that are the problem, not mockers

Had a conversation with an employee today about ACA. She was slamming it because she pays $50 a pay period out of her check for health insurance here at work, and cited she would pay $400 a month on the Colorado exchange!!!!

I asked her what her employer chipped in as part of her salary and benefit package? He said nothing, her insurance cost $100 a month.... turn out her employer bebefit credit was $275/month bring her insurance to $375/ month.

Still cheaper than ACA! until you realize her deductible was $7500 and the excahnge plan was $5,000

Its so difficult to have honest, meaningful conversations about health in this country when Americans don't understand the mere basics of their insurance policy, how much they are, and how they are paid for. Its so frustrating....

yeah, but he so entertaining... so theres that.

I assume basic empathy for the human bring is the only reason. Is it compelling enough?

He's teaching his daughter to laugh at dead bodies and that it is ok for the president to lie. Maybe his genes should become extinct, eh?

Like I said earlier, while you're entitled to it, understand that you've chosen how the rest of the world views you.

Didn't you take some shots at my daughter before? That's really classy, but I've got thicker skin than you I guess. It is the Internet and all. As for how the "world" views me for what I write here? Seriously? That's kind of a silly point.